Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

5 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

In theory you should be able to select it - As the drop down menu would list any GPUs that you have installed on your system. Not sure how well it would work but you can give it a go. 

Thanks - worth a shot then. I’ll see if I can make it work (not sure I have space on the MB or enough PCIE power cables as the 3090ti is so greedy) and report back. 

I'm not flouting this as some amazing performance fix, but I noticed that there is a 8k texture file for the galley, just behind the cockpit.  I resized this to 4k and on my modest 1080Ti system, saw quite a noticeable reduction in panning stutters in the cockpit (I use TrackIR so these tend to be more noticeable as my panning is fast and dynamic).

The odd thing is, when I select to turn the cabin off, I see very little performance difference.  Yet when I reduced this 8k texture file, the difference was really noticeable, so I'm wondering if the galley is rendered even when the cabin is off. 

Anyway, all subjective.   This would only be relevent for people with modest GPU cards but it definitely smoothed things for me.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

10 hours ago, JYW said:

I think you're getting confused here.

Two distinctions:-

1). The EFB must be running, as it controls authentication and the systems logic (it's th interface with the external Prosim engine).

2). You don't have to use the EFB for anything, if you don't want to.   But there is no way of turning it off or deactivating it, because of point 1 above.

Thank you for the info, now I have another reason NOT to buy this airplane: If I pay a product, I demand not to be "supervised" all the time through the EFB. This is a paranoid approach, the same FSLab has on his A320. Fortunately other devs are more open minded.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

20 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Thank you for the info, now I have another reason NOT to buy this airplane: If I pay a product, I demand not to be "supervised" all the time through the EFB. This is a paranoid approach, the same

Sorry. But I think this is totally normal. 

Fenix relies on ProSim software for some systems wich is great! 

Fenix, like almost every other high end airplane developed by 3th party, have services for authentication running either all the time or upfront or when loading the plane. 

Stating that this is comparable with FSlabs is totally wrong, based on assumption and therefore not accurate at all.

Why don't your ask Fenix WHAT exactly they are checking with the EFB or their product to authenticate you are allowed to use the product?

Supervised? Is a hard statement. 

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 7

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

What do you mean with information on the VC? You mean the textures? They are crystal clear on my side, but I have texture resolution at ultra.
Or do you mean the displays? That‘s set by the display quality setting in the fenix app.

I had to remap my mouse wheel to zoom in and now I can see things a little clearer. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Sorry. But I think this is totally normal. 

Fenix relies on ProSim software for some systems wich is great! 

Fenix, like almost every other high end airplane developed by 3th party, have services for authentication running either all the time or upfront or when loading the plane. 

Stating that this is comparable with FSlabs is totally wrong, based on assumption and therefore not accurate at all.

Why don't your ask Fenix WHAT exactly they are checking with the EFB or their product to authenticate you are allowed to use the product?

Supervised? Is a hard statement. 

He just seems to enjoy criticizing.  Fenix for one silly reason after another. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

Thank you for the info, now I have another reason NOT to buy this airplane: If I pay a product, I demand not to be "supervised" all the time through the EFB. This is a paranoid approach, the same FSLab has on his A320. Fortunately other devs are more open minded.

Thank you for all the LOL you have given us all in this topic.....bye bye.................please shut the door.....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, JYW said:

I'm not flouting this as some amazing performance fix, but I noticed that there is a 8k texture file for the galley, just behind the cockpit.  I resized this to 4k and on my modest 1080Ti system, saw quite a noticeable reduction in panning stutters in the cockpit (I use TrackIR so these tend to be more noticeable as my panning is fast and dynamic).

The odd thing is, when I select to turn the cabin off, I see very little performance difference.  Yet when I reduced this 8k texture file, the difference was really noticeable, so I'm wondering if the galley is rendered even when the cabin is off. 

Anyway, all subjective.   This would only be relevent for people with modest GPU cards but it definitely smoothed things for me.

Hey Bill!

Interesting find, you mind DM'ing me some more information?

Thanks

• Like 8

Aamir Thacker

Having read the discussion above about the requirement for the EFB to ALWAYS be running, and considering the thread topic is "Performance", a thought just crossed my mind about previous experience with DRM.
Many games on PC these days use a rather controversial form of always on DRM called Denuvo. Apart from the always on feature, controversy stems from the claimed and very well documented/tested (with and without said DRM removed) adverse effect on gaming performance.
Just wondering if the EFB/DRM is having a similar effect on the poor performance some people are getting with the Fenix?

• Like 1

DRM causing performance issues is when the code is obfuscated or run through an extra piece of software to enforce legitimate copies and prevent tampering. Ours is a much more lightweight approach of simply ensuring only one license is used per computer.

The EFB also doesn't run the DRM. 

• Like 5

Aamir Thacker

@Aamir thanks for taking the time to come here and clarify these things. It probably won’t change the opinion of those that seem to be vehemently opposed to the product, but it’s good nevertheless for clearing up misunderstandings, so that others can make informed decisions re: purchase. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

21 minutes ago, Aamir said:

DRM causing performance issues is when the code is obfuscated or run through an extra piece of software to enforce legitimate copies and prevent tampering. Ours is a much more lightweight approach of simply ensuring only one license is used per computer.

The EFB also doesn't run the DRM. 

My only hope is that I don't try to use the airplane one day and that the authentication server is down. I bought this to support the dev and for the future. I'm really a GA simmer. Heck, I'm not even an Airbus simmer.

I hope you have a backup plan for people like me.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

What GPU do you have Shawn?

2070rtx running 2k.with my settings there was some overhead there to be used

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

My only hope is that I don't try to use the airplane one day and that the authentication server is down. I bought this to support the dev and for the future. I'm really a GA simmer. Heck, I'm not even an Airbus simmer.

I hope you have a backup plan for people like me.

There is one - we didn't get to finish it due to the war in Ukraine, where the dev for this particular bit of software currently resides - but as soon as possible we will implement some failsafes here. 

• Like 5

Aamir Thacker

23 minutes ago, Aamir said:

There is one - we didn't get to finish it due to the war in Ukraine, where the dev for this particular bit of software currently resides - but as soon as possible we will implement some failsafes here. 

Fantastic! Let's hope that you never have to implement it. Even the sim sometimes fails to connect and it always worries me.

I hope I never have to restore my XP or P3D. 😀