Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

3 minutes ago, ianb2469 said:

So…very quick test but I resized the 8k galley texture to 4k and performance (incl a massive reduction in cpu use) seems better. 

Crumbs. So … how do you do that ?? 

6 minutes ago, ianb2469 said:

So…very quick test but I resized the 8k galley texture to 4k and performance (incl a massive reduction in cpu use) seems better.

How did you do so? I've been looking for a progran that can batch resize from 8K to 4K, without sucess

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Well I just purchased this beautiful bird and installed it. 

I loaded into the sim at EGPK very quickly calibrated my Bravo Throttle (Still have to figure the reverse thrust), pushed back and started her up and taxied out to runway 12. The performance seems identical to the FBW A320 if not better. I am getting very nice performance, solid 30fps and very smooth (I do lock this in NVCP and have VSYNC turned on also in NVCP) I even switched the panel state to quality and my i5-9600K still has plenty of headroom using the CPU rendering option.

Man this is really getting frustrating for a potential buyer like me.  You and I have similar systems, yet many other post I read with mid-low end systems are all over the place with FPS issues.  Some get 40 unlocked and other never get above 12 - really a mixed bag.  I am really on the fence about this product, simply no uniformity (or even close to it) in FPS for this one addon.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

24 minutes ago, ianb2469 said:

not so tech savvy in picture editing, so indeed how do you do that? is that just 1 file you may possibly share here - with @Aamir's approval of course. Or Aamir, can you put a 4k galley texture somwhere on your Fenix site for download so I and others can check this out?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

+1 for a 'lower texture resolution' option for some of these (mostly hidden) textures. I only sim in 1080p anyway so don't care much for 8K textures, and could do with the performance boost! 🤣

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

39 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Man this is really getting frustrating for a potential buyer like me.  You and I have similar systems, yet many other post I read with mid-low end systems are all over the place with FPS issues.  Some get 40 unlocked and other never get above 12 - really a mixed bag.  I am really on the fence about this product, simply no uniformity (or even close to it) in FPS for this one addon.

Same, but I think a lot of people aren't doing the little tweaks that everyone is recommending for systems like ours.    Display resolution, moving the displays to the cpu, GPU, or integrated GPU, switching liveries to 4k, etc.  

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Can you give an example of a simbrief route where this happens and what the missing waypoint was?

KMEM  KSTL

Routing  
DCT BETYY DCT OHULO DCT MAW DCT BOOSH

Boosh was missing. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I used software called Gimp (it’s like a free photoshop). Hopefully @Aamir can sort this for everyone? Would be more efficient!

I only did it due to the earlier post here so can’t take any credit! 

42 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

Same, but I think a lot of people aren't doing the little tweaks that everyone is recommending for systems like ours.    Display resolution, moving the displays to the cpu, GPU, or integrated GPU, switching liveries to 4k, etc.  

Honestly I just installed the Fenix and set the displays to balanced first of all and had the rendering set to CPU and jumped into the sim. I haven't even tried activating my onboard GPU. As I said I lock my FPS to 30 and with my hardware I get fantastic results (Full 4K) and a very fluid experience. My only complaint would be panning with the hat switch is not as smooth as it is with 60FPS but you quickly get used to it and I am not sure hardware even exists to run the sim with ultra settings at 60FPS consistently although I could be wrong. I am approaching my TOD in my first real flight and my CPU has been around 70% and GPU around 80% (My hardware is in my Sig)

If you get good results in the FBW A32NX you should be able to get similar results with the Fenix. I am finding mine actually better with the Fenix but ymmv 

• Upvote 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

6 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Is anyone finding much of a performance difference between the 4k and 8k liveries?

My frame rate experience is bad in both 4K and 8K resolutions, doesn't seem to make a difference. VR is also un-useable for me, it's a slide show. This is the only plane I have any trouble with frame rates. I wonder if the passenger cabins high detail is wreaking havoc with my performance issues? I do hope this plane gets better(for me, or others having difficulty), it does have huge potential....

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Working nice on fps here, but autopilot works like the default simulator, which is a mess. I´ll let it rest for a while. Back to P3D.

Miquel.

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Honestly I just installed the Fenix and set the displays to balanced first of all and had the rendering set to CPU and jumped into the sim. I haven't even tried activating my onboard GPU. As I said I lock my FPS to 30 and with my hardware I get fantastic results (Full 4K) and a very fluid experience. My only complaint would be panning with the hat switch is not as smooth as it is with 60FPS but you quickly get used to it and I am not sure hardware even exists to run the sim with ultra settings at 60FPS consistently although I could be wrong. I am approaching my TOD in my first real flight and my CPU has been around 70% and GPU around 80% (My hardware is in my Sig)

If you get good results in the FBW A32NX you should be able to get similar results with the Fenix. I am finding mine actually better with the Fenix but ymmv 

What resolution are you running it on, and what's your terrain level of detail slider?

It seems that this is the main cause for low FPS if limited by mainthread. 

I also have a GTX 1080Ti with a slightly better CPU but still struggle to mantain 30 FPS, especially at complex airports. 

3 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

Working nice on fps here, but autopilot works like the default simulator, which is a mess. I´ll let it rest for a while. Back to P3D.

Miquel.

What’s the issue? The autopilot works as expected for me. 

16 minutes ago, miguelpp said:

Miquel.

First of all it's not the autopilot.  you have to have  the MCDU programmed properly. That is what flies the aircraft, and so far, I have had zero problems with it. You have to learn ho

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310