Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If it is smooth and stutter free, that is all you need. Million dollar sims work at 30 FPS, doesn't seem to bother the airline pilots at all. 

Sorry but thats nuts… You just cant compare these 2 things. It is a complete different story when you have a replicated cockpit with hardware or a simulator where you have to look around in the cockpit. And believe me or not, but we ( yes, I‘m 737 rated) do a complete different flying and our focus is not how much fps the FS98 landscape has. 

• Like 1

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that it seems those people who complain about the Fenix' performance are the same who claim 30 FPS are not enough.

Maybe the Fenix does not run too well on systems that are on the edge already trying to squeeze out every possible FPS.

Whereas the Fenix is fine on systems with some headroom, because users are happy with their locked 30 FPS and never look at their FPS at all. 

I am one of the latter and on my not up to date system (8700K, 1080TI) the Fenix performs significantly better than the FBW and is perfectly smooth - even if FPS temporarily drop below 30 in demanding situations.

27 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Airline pilot don't go to this sims for fun. They go cause they need to do every so often. They will practice some scenarios and call it a day. 

I and i guess lots of other doing it for fun. And i think its safe to say our payware airports sceneries are much more detailed than whatever they got in the Level-D sim.  

So if you do it for fun  you need 50 fps or more, but if you are a real pilot 30 fps is fine.. You can't be serious. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

26 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I totally agree. 30 FPS is not 60 FPS no matter how you turn it, how much you want to believe it, its simply a different experience. Its a shame people have made the "30FPS Vsync locked meta" into the the gold standard of flight sims...

You're absolutely right 60fps is actually double 30fps, appreciate you pointing that out,

What you are missing here is those of us that do not have i9-12900K's, 3090 TI's & 128GB DDR5 6000 have to adjust whatever settings they can for their given hardware to have an enjoyable experience. No one is forcing you to do anything you do not want to, all we are trying to say it is possible to use this addon with fairly middle of the road hardware and have a very acceptable experience and I 100% disagree with you regarding 60fps being any different looking out of the cockpit window than 30 fps and I am not talking about TrackIR usage or VR but I do not want to fire up that debate here again. I can absolutely get a solid 60fps but I choose not too for reasons I have already stated previously. 

I wish you good luck in your quest to run MSFS in full 4K with every setting to the max I presume and then waste time complaining bitterly that the sim and this addon is junk. I myself along with many others will enjoy the beauty of the sim using what we have.

• Like 3

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

12 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that it seems those people who complain about the Fenix' performance are the same who claim 30 FPS are not enough.

Maybe the Fenix does not run too well on systems that are on the edge already trying to squeeze out every possible FPS.

Whereas the Fenix is fine on systems with some headroom, because users are happy with their locked 30 FPS and never look at their FPS at all. 

I am one of the latter and on my not up to date system (8700K, 1080TI) the Fenix performs significantly better than the FBW and is perfectly smooth - even if FPS temporarily drop below 30 in demanding situations.

Oh no please do not mention you are happy running 30 fps,

Prepare for the barrage of quotes telling you that you do not know what you are doing ! 😆

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

10 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

And I think  some  are the users that run out and get a 4K display, and try to run it at 60 fps, , and are working their PC to death trying to keep up with that bandwidth. Then they get an aircraft that is requiring some bandwidth of it's own, and guess what, not going to happen. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, RJC68 said:

Oh no please do not mention you are happy running 30 fps,

Prepare for the barrage of quotes telling you that you do not know what you are doing ! 😆

I  retired from a company as a Training Director that was involved in Commercial and Military  Simulators of all kinds that cost many  Million of  dollars , and you are going to tell me about simulators. What is your background, may I ask?

7 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

I wish you good luck in your quest to run MSFS in full 4K with every setting to the max

Why would you assume i am on 4K at all Ultra ? i am actually on 1080p with a mix of high ultra and medium. 

Roi Ben

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So if you do it for fun  you need 50 fps or more, but if you are a real pilot 30 fps is fine.. You can't be serious. 

MSFS is an entertainment platform, which you cant compare to a real simulator thats all and 30Fps are just bad and for some people not enjoyable. Its not buttersmooth or nice. You will have massive tearing, lags and so on. Its a complete pain and you cant compare it to a optimised 70+fps system. We are not in the good old FSX times, where everything about 20fps is nice. MSFS utilises the hardware very bad and the Fenix performs not good, even with great hardware. We are in 2022 and 30fps were nice back in 2005. 

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I  retired from a company as a Training Director that was involved in Commercial and Military  Simulators of all kinds that cost many  Million of  dollars , and you are going to tell me about simulators. What is your background, may I ask?

I think you are misquoting me lol

I was making a satirical quote regarding someone else saying 30fps was acceptable 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, Ponymetzger said:

MSFS is an entertainment platform, which you cant compare to a real simulator thats all and 30Fps are just bad and for some people not enjoyable. Its not buttersmooth or nice. You will have massive tearing, lags and so on. Its a complete pain and you cant compare it to a optimised 70+fps system. We are not in the good old FSX times, where everything about 20fps is nice. MSFS utilises the hardware very bad and the Fenix performs not good, even with great hardware. We are in 2022 and 30fps were nice back in 2005. 

I don't get tearing or lags, and my sims runs butter smooth, but that's OK, you enjoy your 70 fps...  😉

2 minutes ago, Ponymetzger said:

I would let it go I were you... its like having a discussion with very religious people, you cant reason with them. Ive been on Avsim long enough to know it... 🤣

• Like 1

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

I would let it go I were you... its like having a discussion with very religious people, you cant reason with them. Ive been on Avsim long enough to know it... 🤣

Ah,you have been on Avsim.. Well that must really make you an expert on something.  LOL.. 

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Ah,you have been on Avsim.. Well that must really make you an expert on something.  LOL.. 

hahaha LOL 

Roi Ben

20 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

How do you get the refund?

I paid with CC rather than PayPal so not sure if it is possible. If the Fenix performance issues are fixed at a later date and well documented I might purchase it again. 

You have to email their support.  You can find the official statement about this on their discord.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K