Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

16 minutes ago, Pochi said:

There is an experimental version of the app available through their Discord

Fenix? Where's that then. Just checked their Discord but see no (obvious) post to that exp version? you mind posting a link here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

CPU does matter. 5800X3D to the rescue. Perfect 60fps on Vsync while waiting at the gate

5zGZuEM.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

25 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

CPU does matter. 5800X3D to the rescue. Perfect 60fps on Vsync while waiting at the gate

Thanks. What was your previous specs?

34 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Now load up MSFS turn off any FPS cap if you have one and watch for the core MSFS hammer, thats the core to make sure is not at 100%, lower you FPS and your LOD if need be till you see it at around 85%.

Now go from there.

Thanks for explaining. 

I get different results depending on what I use to monitor. Resource monitor: Apparently core 9 is 100% or close most of the time. HWiNFO: core9 average 77%. 

Still bit confused as to why you disable FPS cap then tune settings to reduce load on core with heaviest load. Do you then eventually cap FPS when you're done tuning? 

But I think I get the gist of it. Make sure the core that's being used the most has some headroom. Then assign cores so that MSFS and Fenix apps uses different cores. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Thanks for explaining. 

I get different results depending on what I use to monitor. Resource monitor: Apparently core 9 is 100% or close most of the time. HWiNFO: core9 average 77%. 

Still bit confused as to why you disable FPS cap then tune settings to reduce load on core with heaviest load. Do you then eventually cap FPS when you're done tuning? 

But I think I get the gist of it. Make sure the core that's being used the most has some headroom. Then assign cores so that MSFS and Fenix apps uses different cores. 

No you un cap just to make sure you see the cores MSFS likes to you. 

Cap your FPS and see what core 9 is now and then make sure its down to around 85%

Yes, thats right

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Does this look okay?

image.png

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

59 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

5zGZuEM.jpg

What's your system specs. Are you running the sim with all settings ultra and at their highest settings? Also it appears that you're at a default airport. I'd be surprised if you can pull off a stable 60fps in 4K on ultra settings with everything maxed out at a payware airport with AI traffic, and the works.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What's your system specs. Are you running the sim with all settings ultra and at their highest settings? Also it appears that you're at a default airport. I'd be surprised if you can pull off a stable 60fps in 4K on ultra settings with everything maxed out at a payware airport with AI traffic, and the works.

Well. I can most of the time except photogrammetry city while on the ground. I don't use AI traffic because they are messed up in MSFS. Yes Ultra everything.  This is with Vsync so I can get ever higher fps. 5800X3D / RTX 3080Ti FTW. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Does this look okay?

image.png

No, your like me it likes 19 you need a almost flat line around 85%, your hitting 100% a lot

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No, your like me it likes 19 you need a almost flat line around 85%, your hitting 100% a lot

So what do you recommend I do exactly to get better performance? I'm not sure which cores to move what app to, etc. 

Edited by captain420

14 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So what do you recommend I do exactly to get better performance? I'm not sure which cores to move what app too, etc. 

For a start cap your FPS. If your still not flat lined at 85% then you need to lower your FPS cap or lower setting LOD is the main one to lower. Try 150. You can raise you Render scale to make yourself GPU bound but that better not for this ....

Cap you FPS at 30 and run Ultra with Render scale 120 thats what I run on a 1440p you have around the same PC as me. Start there and see what your core 19 is like.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

with my CYVR airport installed

1bzwMXU.jpg

15 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

For a start cap your FPS. If your still not flat lined at 85% then you need to lower your FPS cap or lower setting LOD is the main one to lower. Try 150. You can raise you Render scale to make yourself GPU bound but that better not for this ....

Cap you FPS at 30 and run Ultra with Render scale 120 thats what I run on a 1440p you have around the same PC as me. Start there and see what your core 19 is like.

I'm running at 4K though with my render scale set to 100%. I will try to enable vsync and cap my frame to 30fps inside MSFS and see what I get. Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No you un cap just to make sure you see the cores MSFS likes to you. 

Got it. I'm using NCP to lock FPS. Pretty sure changes in NCP doesn't take effect until another session of MSFS is loaded, correct?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Got it. I'm using NCP to lock FPS. Pretty sure changes in NCP doesn't take effect until another session of MSFS is loaded, correct?

I think your right, I use RTSS for locking FPS. That app you can have open and tune FPS up and own with MSFS running. Its really good.

Edited by Nyxx