Sign in to follow this  
Redge

Custom Fenix contrails are what the default should have been

One feature of the new Fenix that I'm currently enjoying, and that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else, is the custom contrails. I think they look fantastic, and are much closer to reality (at least for shorter contrails) than the default ones trumpeted by Asobo last year.

There are a few other things I like about this new plane too 😉

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redge said:

One feature of the new Fenix that I'm currently enjoying, and that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else, is the custom contrails. I think they look fantastic, and are much closer to reality (at least for shorter contrails) than the default ones trumpeted by Asobo last year.

There are a few other things I like about this new plane too 😉

Is this a Fenix feature or have they been  improved by Asobo? I‘m asking because the  other day (in the PMDG 737) I noticed that the contrails of the other planes looked much better that I had remembered. Or does the PMDG have custom contrails too?

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

The contrails are custom for the Fenix. In fact they’ve just been updated as part of the first Fenix update. The standard ones still turn into flat sprites at a distance. These ones swirl correctly behind the aircraft. Fantastic!

Sounds great, a screenshot of these contrails would be very much appreciated.

• Like 1