Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fclaass

Landings & pushbacks

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have got two questions / suggestions on the latest versions of RT and PSXT.

Coverage for landings

I noticed that on some airports which used to have perfect handling of aircraft, that some landings are now disappearing due to aircraft landing just besides the runway. I contacted Balthasar to check this, and his response was to address this on this forum. His answer was: I suspect that problem has to do with the limited accuracy of some of the data - not enough decimals in the GPS positions. Can you post your question along with the list of airports where this happens into the PSXT forum please? Would be interesting to see if it's always the same airports.

Example airports are:  LEMG, LEIB, EIDW.   Those three airports used to have perfect landings but are now suffering due to (maybe?) the new handling with extra decimals.

Pushbacks/return flights

I already addressed this in another topic, but I think the handling of return flights can/might be improved. In earlier versions, I didn't have this problem (we're talking seriously a lot of updates ago), but I noticed the following behaviour for return flights.

1. Aircraft arrives at gate and stays there
2. Aircraft receives new callsign and puts on transponder  > this is where the aircraft disappears in the sim.
3. Up until the aircraft actually makes movement (pusbhack and/or taxi), the aircraft is not visible. This doesn't make any difference if you're just watching landings/take-offs along a runway, but when you're observing an entire airport it kind of reduces the immersion of the app as aircraft are suddenly disappearing from their gates and reappearing a few minutes later. I remember this problem didn't occur in earlier versions, where the aircraft received a new callsign, was "recreated" and immediately visible again until pushback starts.

 

Edited by fclaass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, fclaass said:

Those three airports used to have perfect landings but are now suffering due to (maybe?) the new handling with extra decimals.

No it is more likely that, now land more precise, it turns out that landing runway in MSFS for those airports are not at exactly the right place...

Edited by kiek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kiek said:

No it is more likely that, now land more precise, it turns out that landing runway in MSFS for those airports are not at exactly the right place...

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using the P3D version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, fclaass said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using the P3D version.

Same issue in P3D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fclaass said:

Pushbacks/return flights

I already addressed this in another topic, but I think the handling of return flights can/might be improved. In earlier versions, I didn't have this problem (we're talking seriously a lot of updates ago), but I noticed the following behaviour for return flights.

1. Aircraft arrives at gate and stays there
2. Aircraft receives new callsign and puts on transponder  > this is where the aircraft disappears in the sim.
3. Up until the aircraft actually makes movement (pusbhack and/or taxi), the aircraft is not visible. This doesn't make any difference if you're just watching landings/take-offs along a runway, but when you're observing an entire airport it kind of reduces the immersion of the app as aircraft are suddenly disappearing from their gates and reappearing a few minutes later. I remember this problem didn't occur in earlier versions, where the aircraft received a new callsign, was "recreated" and immediately visible again until pushback starts.

 

I think I have found the cause. Will be fixed in 31.9.6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fclaass said:

Yay 🙂 Thank's so much 🙂 

Available in 31.9.6.

Thx for your persistence! 😉

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kiek said:

Available in 31.9.6.

Thx for your persistence! 😉

 

Hi kiek!

Just tested, the aircraft remain visible now indeed! However the return flight now doesn't move anymore... 🙂 They stay at the parking position forever, but all the rest is working (engines are on, strobe lights go on when the aircraft should actually be at the runway). Quite a nice sighting, hehe. Disco lights on the apron!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not what I saw... 

Will look into it when I am back home.

After June 4th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, I will check it coming days. Might be a one-off problem in the session maybe 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...