Sign in to follow this  
Guest srathe

Headset for ATC on second sound device with Vista

Guest srathe

Has anyone who uses Vista successfully been able to use a secondary sound device for listening to ATC with a headset, while playing other sounds through the speakers?I was able to do this just fine using the "voice" tab in the sound properties when I used Windows XP. Since I've switched to Vista, that tab is no longer available and I cannot find a way to enable that functionality. I've scoured the web and can neither find any solutions, nor anyone else reporting the problem. Can anyone who is using Vista please advise me?For what it's worth, I'm using Vista Ultimate, and I have a Soundblaster X-fi and the onboard sound device. Both work fine on their own; it's just finding a way to split up the appropriate audio streams that's the issue.Thanks!Jesse

Guest srathe

Or at least, please let me know if you've encountered the same issue?

Guest Yolk

As far as I know, there's nothing you can do to be able to use this feature in vista. This seems to be related to the fact that vista doesn't use the directsound layer anymore. I've emailed tell_FS about this 2 months ago... I miss this also.

Guest d.lahrman

This feature worked perfectly with my USB headset when I initially installed FSX on my Vista machine. It just did it by default when my headset was plugged in. After a few weeks however, something changed and it hasn't worked since. I haven't tried too hard to get it working again so I don't know what the problem is. I'll be having to reinstall FSX in a few days so I'll see if works again. I'll update this thread if it does.

Guest srathe

Thanks! That's encouraging to hear that a usb headset could solve the problem. Please do let me know if you get it working, and also what kind of headset you're using.Jesse

Guest craig1998

hey I figured a crude way on my system on how to get it to work!go to sound device manager and set it to your headset...start fsx and get into multiplayer...before launching into game change to your speaker setup from sound device and voices seem to keep playing in my logitech 350 usb headset!

I had a different problem, due to family requirements have to use a headset. The solution was to buy an analogue 5:1 headset. ATC cames from the central speaker and engine sound from the others, so it's just a question of balancing volumes.Jos