Sign in to follow this  
SuperKaro2014

Out of range

Hello, since SU9 I am getting a lot of frequencies ‘Out of Range’.

I have run Navdatareader several times using the latest version but no luck in fixing the issue.

I have experienced the issue in Scotland, Italy and Denmark where I have been flying recently.

A short hop just now from EKSB -> VOR SKR -> VOR ODN -> VOR TNO -> EKCH: I get chatter while tuned to ground and tower at EKSB. Once airborne and I am handed off it goes ‘Out of Range’... except when the controller is Copenhagen Center.

Something seems to have broken my favourite MSFS companion 😬😢🤬

Please please help!

I'd like to make sure that FS-ATC-Chatter is picking up a new database file. Can you post your latest log file from the FS-ATC-Chatter root folder. Also can you attach a screen shot of windows explorer show the date and time of all the *.sqlite files. You can send those to support@StickandRudderStudios.com as I don't think AVSIM.com allows you to attach zip files.

Thanks

Mark

When you ran the Navdata Reader tool did you get any errors? If you look at the log file you can see that the default database had 35,942 facilities which sounds right but the navdata-MsFs.sqlite file only had 4,221. It is missing lots of airports. Did you use the latest version of the Navdata Reader Tool, 1.0.28?

https://github.com/albar965/navdatareader/releases

2022-05-20 19:02:41.394 +02:00 [INF] Loading facilities from C:\Users\mail\Desktop\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Addons\FS-ATC-Chatter 1.2.1\navdata-default.sqlite
2022-05-20 19:02:41.503 +02:00 [INF] Found 34635 clips total
2022-05-20 19:02:41.873 +02:00 [INF] 35942 facilities found

2022-05-20 19:05:01.330 +02:00 [INF] Loading facilities from C:\Users\mail\Desktop\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Addons\FS-ATC-Chatter 1.2.1\navdata-Msfs.sqlite
2022-05-20 19:05:01.331 +02:00 [INF] Pausing chatter due to simulator pausing
2022-05-20 19:05:01.412 +02:00 [INF] 4221 facilities found

I thought I used the latest version but will re-download to make sure.

I did notice a lot of warnings when running Navdatareader, which normally is not the case.

I will post back here…

Thanks, That database you sent look corrupted, I don't the Navadata Reader tool worked properly. The log had a bunch of errors too. I have you a few suggestions to try.

I might need to update my MSFS install and try running the latest Navdata Reader myself just to make sure it is still working.

Mark

Thanks again... I did some more runs with Navdatareader in different locations. Results appear to be the same.

Let me know if it works at your end with the latest version of MSFS... maybe some formats have changed?

Per our email exchange it looks like the database generated from the Navdata reader was corrupted for some reason. As we discussed it looks like to just getting a copy of the LittleNavMap database and putting in the FS-ATC-Chatter root folder with the right names seems to be working properly.

Mark 

Hi Mark, thanks for all the support here and on email.

Indeed the database generated by LNM seems to work just fine - hopefully it can help others too.

The default FS ATC Chatter database seems to be recent enough to work fine as well.

My favourite MSFS immersion companion is back in good shape 🙂

Edited by SuperKaro2014

It should and ultimately that is the simplest solution. Ideally it might be good if FS-ATC-Chatter could automatically detect its presence and ask you if you want to use it. That way there would be no need to run the Navdata reader and copy files all over the place.

The other option is to have FS-ATC-Chatter build its own COM database by reading the FS2020 scenery files. I know that is super complicated and getting it to work across FSX, P3D, and MSFS 2020 would be a headache. I can see that the author of LNM put a lot of effort into that aspect of the tool and I would prefer not to have to reinvent that.

• Like 1