Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew Weekend Update - 20 May 2022!

When it rains, it pours 😉

In the last few weeks, we've had a slew of major releases:

Maddog

PMDG 737

and now the Fenix Airbus.

I'll keep this short:  We'll be supporting them all.

Road map is Maddog, then 737 then Fenix.

However, Fenix may come before the 737 depending on what happens with the PMDG SDK.

We'll have to wait and see.

Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 5

Great news Bryan, if you need any testers I'm flying the 737 and Fenix.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the SDK - I've just tested the methods I used with the NGXu and it all appears to be present and pretty much exactly the same...!? Surely this will just need an update of the NGXu product?

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

1 hour ago, severniae said:

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the SDK - I've just tested the methods I used with the NGXu and it all appears to be present and pretty much exactly the same...!? Surely this will just need an update of the NGXu product?

the fact that historical platform PMDG SDKs are operable with PMDG MSFS products, doesnt necessarily mean that FS2Crew, or any other product, can go ahead and push their products without the PMDG SDK for MSFS having been released.

As Bryan has said - this fact may attract PMDGs attention as it may breach PMDG EULA.

That fact that people can get their products working with historical SDKs doesnt or rather, shouldnt, equate to a green light.

@byork i cant wait for the 737 fs2crew. just so im clear, as i dont think i was in past post... could we please keep the australian voices from the NGX/NGXu voice control versions. I dont like the australian voice on the 744 voice control version.

did i tell you i cant wait for fs2crew for pmdg msfs 737? lol. thx - and looking forward to your secret project, whatever it is

Brian Nellis

20 hours ago, byork said:

It's not a "may" breach the PMDG Eula.  It's a "will" breach the PMDG EULA.

We have to wait for the PMDG SDK.  No way round it I'm afraid.

I suppose I understand your position...

When you release the updated version, I presume it will be available as an update for those who purchased the NGXu version without the need to be charged again?

Edited by severniae

James W

5 hours ago, severniae said:

I suppose I understand your position...

When you release the updated version, I presume it will be available as an update for those who purchased the NGXu version without the need to be charged again?

We'll have upgrading pricing but it won't be free.

Essentially none of the code from FSX/P3D is portable to MSFS.

We have to start from scratch.

6 hours ago, byork said:

We'll have upgrading pricing but it won't be free.

Essentially none of the code from FSX/P3D is portable to MSFS.

We have to start from scratch.

That simply isn't true, and you know it... I will accept that you will have to adjust your methods to bring your existing codebase MSFS, and if you feel that work justifies additional cost, that's totally fine and I understand. But to suggest you would have to scrap everything and start from scratch is disingenuous at best, and anyone who knows even a bit about software development can see through it...

James W

Well, the old FS2Crew's for P3D/FSX were written in C++ and they were .dll's (gauge format).

The current MSFS FS2Crew's are written in a different language: C# Net using Windows forms.

The only thing we can can take from the old FS2Crew PMDG 737 is the flows, but even those will be changed.

For example, SOP 3 has changed quite a but since our initial release.

Hope that clears it up.

Cheers,

Edited by byork
  • Like 2

Bryan,

it looks like the newly released Fenix "doesn't like" any other pushback tool, other than the integrated one. Are you considering working on making PBE fully compatible with Fenix A320 ?

That would be great..!

Cheers

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

5 hours ago, Eziocin said:

Bryan,

it looks like the newly released Fenix "doesn't like" any other pushback tool, other than the integrated one. Are you considering working on making PBE fully compatible with Fenix A320 ?

That would be great..!

Cheers

Ezio

The Fenix is "freezing" the default tug.  We've informed the developer and we're hoping they fix it shortly.

However, you can still use PBE with the Fenix.

From another user:

I successfully used the Fenix while testing PBE.

I just had to start the pushback in the EFB without triggering the arrows and then PBE could take over control (starting the Fenix Pushback will just shake the plane an inch, but it will hold position).
I only started the Fenix pushback inside the EFB after I called in the tug via PBE. It also worked while the PBE tug wasn't yet fully connected.