Sign in to follow this  
haseen

FSLabs and Fenix Sim Airbus A320's.

On 5/21/2022 at 6:06 AM, haseen said:

Now, I am totally confused

I, personally, am not confused at all. 

1. I'll never give a red cent to FSLabs - even if someone threatens to blow up my house AND promises me a 100,000$ cheque, I'd say: Feel free to blow up my house AND you can keep the money. 
2. Aersoft's A320 will be mediocre
3. There is the excellent FbW A 320 Neo
4. The Fenix A320, leaving all the unnecessary hyperbole and hype, twitching and streaming, etc. aside, seems a winner right out of the box --> this is the one I will buy once it's past a few patches. 

Addendum: I briefly considered the PMDG 700, but will not be buying it after all. I know it performs better than the Fenix, but no EFB, wonky simbrief integration, interior part of the exterior, and subclass visuals turned me off. The continous stream of consciousness posts don't help either. --> IMHO.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The new Fenix A320 is just an "Aerosoft like" plane for MSFS. Looks great, flies like a brick.

Let's be honest, people. Most of the first answers in this thread are misleading. 
Biggest Lie so far: Fenix A320 is better than FSLabs. 

I'm a "Bus pilot" and that couldn't be furthest from the truth. Besides, it's a huge shot in the dark at this point in time. The thing has barely been released. 
Lots of errors in procedures, as said before, some fonts are not correct, behaving like a 20 series Learjet on initial climb, FBW doesn't seem right... That's what we could get so far! I bet if we test it to the core we'll find even more flaws. I tested and didn't like it. Looks nice, though, but grandma always said "Beauty is ephemeral". Besides, FSL looks pretty good too. And it simulates to the fidelity of the real plane. 

You can try pretty much every failure situation or every system function with FSL and it will give you exactly what the real thing would. Just test it with your v5. 
No FS A320 can be compared to FSL today. Hey, look: I'm not a word not allowed! FSLabs support and after sales support S*CKS. 

FSL can take much longer to release their version for MSFS, but when they do, it'll probably be bug free. Besides, it'll cost much more than 60 bucks. However, if it comes with the quality of their products for P3D, which is most likely, it will be worth every penny.

So you have a choice to make: 
1 - Being flustered and spending $61 on an imitation plane that only looks cute for software that is far from physics-enhanced for a flight simulator (MSFS), that if you don't care about realism and don't want to learn anything from the plane your simulating or the flight simulation itself. 

OR

2 - Enjoy your good Airbus simulator in P3D v5 and save money to buy the good one in a near future, praying to see a good improvement in the MSFS dynamics an physics and don't lose your time and money in the process, that if you really care about learning something while you simulate. 

@luizwhong,

How strange that “real” A320 pilots can form such widely different opinions about the same product! Makes it confusing for the layman. Extreme opinions in either direction always seem a little suspect. But I guess in the end you have to trust your own judgment in these matters.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.
  • Like 3

Guess  all the  other  Bus  drivers  are  wrong so who  do you believe  

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 minutes ago, tfm said:

How strange that “real” A320 pilots can form such widely different opinions about the same product! Makes it confusing for the layman. Extreme opinions in either direction always seem a little suspect. But I guess in the end you have to trust your own judgment in these matters.

Sorry if it sounded a little "extreme", but it's not. The hype around the release is overrated. I basically gave the guy my very short review taken from my experience in the real bird compared to the models built for FS. I even gave him the landscape for his choice. 
It's up to him to take it or not. That's what's called "second opinions" and that's why they're here for. 
No one can force him to buy on or another. Suspect is trying to invalidate a fact-based opinion by calling it "extreme".

Well I just watched V1 Pilot - a real world Airbus captain - do a video where he ran through multiple systems failures and the plane (in his expert opinion) behaved exactly as the real one does. I’ve also seen other pilots (320 Sim pilot) say the same thing - the Felix is the standard now. 

So as a non-real world pilot, I think I’m happy enough paying $60 today for a plane that is apparently (as stated by 320 captains, not me) extremely close to the real thing. Not saying that the people posting here are wrong, I just don’t think the differences are as major as you make out if multiple real world pilots have posted detailed videos actually showing how the Fenix is close to real life. Fenix isn’t out there paying these guys…

if you are a real-world pilot and you understand the the small differences between Fenix and FsLabs, and you really need FsLabs to practice or whatever, then sure, wait a year or two. If you’re a sim pilot that wants the most detailed simulation of an Airbus in MSFS today, buy the Fenix. 

Edited by FlyingGoose
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

The Fenix A320 is no where near being an "Aerosoft A320" what a load of word not allowed I've just read. 

That's your opinion. Keep yours and I'll keep mine. 

2 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Well I just watched V1 Pilot - a real world Airbus captain - do a video where he ran through multiple systems failures and the plane (in his expert opinion) behaved exactly as the real one does. I’ve also seen other pilots (320 Sim pilot) say the same thing - the Felix is the standard now. 

So as a non-real world pilot, I think I’m happy enough paying $60 today for a plane that is apparently (as stated by 320 captains, not me) extremely close to the real thing. Not saying that the people posting here are wrong, I just don’t think the differences are as major as you make out if multiple real world pilots have posted detailed videos actually showing how the Fenix is close to real life. Fenix isn’t out there paying these guys…

if you are a real-world pilot and you understand the the small differences between Fenix and FsLabs, and you really need FsLabs to practice or whatever, then sure, wait a year or two. If you’re a sim pilot that wants the most detailed simulation of an Airbus in MSFS today, buy the Fenix. 

I wonder how many pilots were paid by developers to make YT videos to help sell their software... Aerosoft did it a lot back in the day when they released the cr*ppy Airbus Extended. 

Well, I repeat: There's still no Airbus A320 available that matches the FSLabs. And I don't even like the brand, but can't say they made a very good sim. Wish I could say otherwise and force them to lower their prices. 
I just spent $61 and I'm not happy with the thing. Can't blame me for trying...

I was just having a discord call for our dcs group which included a few mates who are type rated on the airbus and it was unanimous that the Fenix is an incredibly realistic airplane, both systems wise and to a less extent handling wise. 

You’re the only real life airbus pilot I’ve seen saying otherwise. 

But hey, you might be right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, luizwhong said:

I wonder how many pilots were paid by developers to make YT videos to help sell their software... Aerosoft did it a lot back in the day when they released the cr*ppy Airbus Extended. 

Well, I repeat: There's still no Airbus A320 available that matches the FSLabs. And I don't even like the brand, but can't say they made a very good sim. Wish I could say otherwise and force them to lower their prices. 

So you're saying every single Airbus pilot that has reviewed highly of the product is getting paid to say such things? And there is no way that they are right when they give this product praise. Hmmm

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 4

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 minutes ago, luizwhong said:

Right, if you’re now making allegations that ALL of the real world pilots and everyone who says nice things about Fenix is “paid by the developers” and you’re the only one that’s giving an honest opinion … well you’re entitled to your opinion, but you’ll forgive me if I ignore it. 

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, luizwhong said:

Why should they be paid more than those who advertize FSL? E.g. you?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, luizwhong said:

Yes of course, all of the renowned A320 pilots in the flight simming community have been paid off by Fenix and are colluding with one another as part of a big conspiracy against FSLabs (which many of them have praised in the past btw). But thanks to you, an alleged A320 pilot with no credentials to back it up and 7 posts in this forum, we now finally know the truth.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I bought the FENIX on day 1, and I’m a huge supporter of FSLABS. I think competition is great, and I will keep supporting FSLABS when they come out with new products. Having said that, what stands out the most with FENIX seems to be the price more than anything. MOST of us(an assumption more than a proven fact) care about getting from point A to point B, and a SOMEWHAT realistic operation of the airplane. Obviously a lot of us simmers also want the airplane to look amazing, which the FENIX does. 

What really stands out for me with the FSLABS is the immersion it creates, from sounds to GSX integration to ACARS integration, all on top of the airplane seemingly being very in-depth and flying well. 

Having said that, I’m hoping that once FSLABS show up on the MSFS platform, that their prices will be more competitive. 

Either way, I’m really excited for the new era we’re entering with the new higher fidelity airplanes that are entering the MSFS and P3D market.

• Like 2