Sign in to follow this  
haseen

FSLabs and Fenix Sim Airbus A320's.

9 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Ah, I see that @abrams_tank tank has entered the fray....on the side of @Ridvan Celik and the Fenix it would appear! @abrams_tankhas clearly done some research on his opponent and called into doubt the credability of @Vasgr.....

Whats next in the Fenix vs FSLabs Great Debate? Will @Vasgrreturn serve..... I'm on the edge of my seat. 

excited-watching.gif

My best advice to you is get out there, it’s not good sitting at home and getting too deep into this. Don’t be scared, talk to women, live your life. 

Its long weekend here in Sydney. I’m heading out for a night of who knows what. I’ll respond to you tomorrow to put you in line should the circumstances call for it. Enjoy 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I’m heading out for a night of who knows what. I’ll respond to you tomorrow to put you in line should the circumstances call for it. Enjoy 

😨

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Its long weekend here in Sydney. I’m heading out for a night of who knows what. 

Good lad and good luck!😃👍

I love Fenix and the people behind it, humble and supportive and accept criticism. Meanwhile FSL, I always find their developers are somewhat arrogant and if you voice over their forum some concerns, get ready to be blocked. Not to forget the ridiculous price tag, added a winglet pay 70$ which is a total insanity if you ask me. 

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

9 hours ago, Vasgr said:

Not saying the opposite, but the FSLabs is a mature solution, makes it as trustworthy.

Customer service with the Fenix is great..

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I love Fenix and the people behind it, humble and supportive and accept criticism. Meanwhile FSL, I always find their developers are somewhat arrogant and if you voice over their forum some concerns, get ready to be blocked. Not to forget the ridiculous price tag, added a winglet pay 70$ which is a total insanity if you ask me. 

I really like their products but yeah... FSL are way too arrogant, they tend to hide development for way too long (what's wrong in sharing some updates here and there?) and usually are way way way behind others in development. I'm not even considering them in MSFS right now as the only model i'm looking forward to (the A330) will probably be out in 2024 if we're lucky after the 320 family and the NEO, maybe even the Concorde.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

If FSL had *any* business sense they'd drop the efforts on the A320 for MSFS and focus on the A330 as their first offering for the sim, closely followed by the Concorde :) But ya, multiple years for that probably. No amount of forum posting by certain FSL-loving characters is going to the change the practical fact that MSFS already has two great A320 offerings (ceo & neo) that are constantly getting better and better, one of which is free.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

I believe it's a "win / win / win"...

I was an FSLabs user for a while. By that time there were some  limitations in the simulation, bugs, that didn't make me a very happy user, although it was the best Bus available for FSX / P3D... I diverted to XP11 and the FF and then the Toliss, and the Toliss was my choice and still is in that platform, although the latest update of the FFA320 for XP12 has finally changed my not so good oppinion about that product.

So now I have 3 platforms with excellent Buses that in some way can complement themselves, with their own specificities and strong points.

I have the Amazing A319 / 320 in P3D, the Superb FBW 32N and the Unique Fenix 320 in MFS, and now the Lovely FF A320 XP12 release and Very Special Toliss A319 XP12 release for XP12 !!!

Should I feel bad about this?  Yes, but only if my Simmer OCD plays it's tricks... 🤪

Monogamy should apply to flightsimming as Jung "preconized" 🙂

Just wondering how you can keep up with three different simulators. ?   I have trouble staying current on just one. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just wondering how you can keep up with three different simulators. ?   I have trouble staying current on just one. 

Shhhhh, just using 2 até present😁 . Alas, I only use monthly licenses with p3d, buying them usially after a major release / update...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

My best advice to you is get out there, it’s not good sitting at home and getting too deep into this. Don’t be scared, talk to women, live your life. 

Its long weekend here in Sydney. I’m heading out for a night of who knows what. I’ll respond to you tomorrow to put you in line should the circumstances call for it. Enjoy 

clown - Create meme - Meme-arsenal.com

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

If FSL had *any* business sense they'd drop the efforts on the A320 for MSFS and focus on the A330 as their first offering for the sim, closely followed by the Concorde :)

That has been voiced by several members on the official FSLabs forums. The 320 market in MSFS is saturated, but a nice long haul A330 will sell like mad. I personally think the A320 MSFS development was started first since it holds the  fundamental code they use  (like PMDG did with the 73) and FSL implements their code conversion successes to the 330. But overall, the 330 or Concorde should be the first out if they are seeking success in this generation of flight simming.

• Like 4

There's an old joke in the winery business to the effect that the easiest way to become a millionaire as a wine maker is to start out a multimillionaire. One can hardly imagine that FSL plans to spend the small fortune needed to develop their A320 for MSFS, trying to shoehorn that product into a market that already includes a fine payware model as well as excellent freeware alternative, thereby losing some serious money in the process, and only then use the knowledge expensively acquired in that project to develop yet a different product, something like the A330.

We have had this conversation previously on this forum, and it doesn't make any more business sense today than it did then. Notwithstanding its possible superiority to the Fenix/FBW competitors it seems way too late for FSL to squeeze a third A320 model into the pricing niche between free and modest. Good luck with that.

• Like 3

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

As if make-believe fleet managers were not enough, now we have a whole bunch of make-believe business managers giving advice on things they don’t have the first clue about….

As if it wasn’t enough they are taking themselves so ridiculously seriously, now they expect others to do the same.

8 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

We have had this conversation previously on this forum, and it doesn't make any more business sense today than it did then.

FSLabs might be gambling here on the idea that the much larger MSFS market will allow them to at least obtain the same sales that supported them on P3D. It's not farfetched to imagine they may sell a similar amount of copies as they had during the golden age of P3D sales.

While yes, an A330 would net them an order of magnitude more in sales, there's a chance Lefteris and the other devs might not care. A lot of devs in this hobby are also simmers, and there's always the chance they just want to fly their top-of-the-line aircraft in the sim, and not any other. The bonus to being an independent developer is choice, I guess.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

As if make-believe fleet managers were not enough, now we have a whole bunch of make-believe business managers giving advice on things they don’t have the first clue about….

As if it wasn’t enough they are taking themselves so ridiculously seriously, now they expect others to do the same.

This is a discussion forum. We spout our ideas for others to respond to. We don't need a Masters Degree and 15 years business experience to speculate on a 3PD's business model here. That's the beauty of an internet discussion forum. We're almost exclusively laymen.

If you find you're too knowledgeable for the present discussion, it may behoove you to find a place with people who are as knowledgeable as you.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.