Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Fenix A320 Autopilot Question

I’ve got flight plan in FMC and everything set up for takeoff. I take off and cannot engage the autopilot. Is there a trick I’m missing. I’ve watched YouTube video’s and it appears so easy but mine will NOT engage. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

Edited by John Snyder Jr

John Snyder Jr

51 minutes ago, John Snyder Jr said:

I’ve got flight plan in FMC and everything set up for takeoff. I take off and cannot engage the autopilot. Is there a trick I’m missing. I’ve watched YouTube video’s and it appears so easy but mine will NOT engage. Any suggestions? Thanks guys

If your detents are not correct on throttles which may need to be adjusted in your sensitivity settings that could cause the AP not to engage - most likely thats the issue - that can be a pain to find right settings - make sure you bring the throttles back to CL when it tells you - then try AP

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

12 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

If your detents are not correct on throttles which may need to be adjusted in your sensitivity settings that could cause the AP not to engage - most likely thats the issue - that can be a pain to find right settings - make sure you bring the throttles back to CL when it tells you - then try AP

What your referring to is the calibrations settings in the FMC, correct. 

John Snyder Jr

1 minute ago, John Snyder Jr said:

This might help. It does apply to TCA, but it tells you how to calibrate

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

11 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Hi John - I was referring to the sensitivity settings in sim not aircraft - but you are correct forgot Fenix has added FMC settings - I am waiting on new Honeycomb throttles and not able to do anything proper now - - just make sure your in CL before you hit the AP - did you get it working ?

Rich Sennett

14 hours ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Maybe this helps you - you did not mention what throttles you are using 

Rich Sennett