Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Dawn/Dusk transition files...

For Phil:Phil, is there a particular file(s) that is responsible for fixing the dawn/dusk issue we were having with RTM, or is the fix a wide combination of many files?I'm asking because like some others with a single core machine I'm having issues with blurries I just can't seem to solve for any extended time. I may revert back to RTM but if it's possible I sure would like to keep the dawn/dusk fix, I just love the new effect in SP1; and would also keep the new mission file fixes with SP1 also.Thanks,

Ken

No, its a rendering fix in the dlls.Mission files, I dont know if you could just copy them over.

Phil,This afternoon, after giving a lot of thought to all of the many, many config and settings changes I've attempted since the release of SP1, including changes to my video card settings and mixing and matching all of them together in an attempt to solve my blurries problems, one thing I had not even thought of occurred to me. I had not tried setting my video card (Nvidia 6800/256) to application controlled for AA and AF in a profile, and then checking anti-aliasing on and setting filtering to anisotrophic within the sim itself. I did this, crossed my fingers and lo and behold my blurries problems are gone! I was very pleasantly surprised to see sharp crisp textures like I had with RTM, both in cockpit and spot views. I then ran several test flights in different areas with different kinds of scenery (mountains w/forests, the SF metro area, and my home town area again at dusk) and in each case the blurries problems are gone.In RTM like most people I had to run AA/AF through my video card settings for best results, it now appears FSX SP1 needs to be run with my card set to application control. Apparently rendering changes made in SP1 (at least on my system) performs better using in game AA and AF. I wanted to let you know about this turn of events, and as a note to some still struggling: if you have not given this a try then do so, I can't promise anything but can tell you it has fixed my blurries issues, at least on my system anyways.Hope this helps.

Ken

Guest allcott

It's one of the advantages of new games that they can optimise the settings in-game. So whereas in earlier versions of the sim you could only get a very limited AA from selecting the checkbox, now it seems to be a sophisticated algorithm, hard for a simmer to `beat` by selecting their own settings. On the latest Nvidia drivers, ou can't even get AA to work without selecting it in FSX.A point to note is that if you use Rivatuner of NHancer you can still override the ingame settings and make alterations to the AA mode or level of AF.Allcott