Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

Fenix A320 Pilot Eyepoint

Some may notice the eyepoint is way too high in the Fenix (in the pilots seat)

Thanks to a wonderful forum member who gave these coordinates  - adjust the bold

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = 43.92074, -1.623061, 3.5755627 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

This works well, but the eyepoint is still a little too far away from the panel... needs to move forward another 6 inches or so... so my problem is, which (i presume the longitudinal) numbers do i adjust for this?

Any ideas welcomed!

PS - finally got my G2 set up for smooth flying... still got lots to learn in VR but man o man, what a treat this is!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

8 hours ago, vonduck said:

Some may notice the eyepoint is way too high in the Fenix (in the pilots seat)

Thanks to a wonderful forum member who gave these coordinates  - adjust the bold

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = 43.92074, -1.623061, 3.5755627 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

This works well, but the eyepoint is still a little too far away from the panel... needs to move forward another 6 inches or so... so my problem is, which (i presume the longitudinal) numbers do i adjust for this?

Any ideas welcomed!

PS - finally got my G2 set up for smooth flying... still got lots to learn in VR but man o man, what a treat this is!

It's XYZ coordinate, where x=left-right, Y= down-up, Z=backward-forward.

so in your case, you would increase the Z. You might have to decrease Y as well to be able to see the screens properly.

Actually, I'm not sure about the parameter you're modifying. I'm doing the same thing with some other parameter. I'll have to check what it's called.

So, I guess this is an alternate approach. I've succesfully set my default position in <Community folder>\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\FNX320\Cameras.cfg by modifying the PilotVR InitialXyz parameter. I think this is much more intuitive to tweak than the one you are using since the values seem to correspond with meters. 

1. Open the document

2. Search "PilotVR"

3. Find InitialXyz under that

The values I settled with are: InitialXyz= -0.075, 0.75, -2.55

Note, my eyepoint is in default position

• Like 2

Wow thanks so much for that... way above my pay grade! lol

Sounds easier to do for sure

SO, you have in effect lowered the pilot height and moved it forward? Appreciate your help!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

On 5/21/2022 at 11:46 PM, vonduck said:

Wow thanks so much for that... way above my pay grade! lol

Sounds easier to do for sure

SO, you have in effect lowered the pilot height and moved it forward? Appreciate your help!

No worries! My settings lower the height and move it backwards a bit. I found it's more comfortable to use the EFB this way. If you prefer being more forward, you probably have to also lower the viewpoint a bit to be able to see the screens properly. Hope you'll find something that works for your setup!

• Like 1

FWIW, I have an xbox controller that I typically use for the drone camera.  Is also JUST as good for moving the cockpit camera around, and makes it a cinch to fix eye points etc.  You can even "float" down to things like the FMC/MCDU to make it easier when you're programming your flight, etc.  Lastly, its great for getting up and taking a "virtual walk" around the cockpit and main cabin.

• Like 1

Hello folks,

make sure to save your cameras.cfg before updating. The patch will override any changes.The default VR position has not been fixed in the patch.

Edited by Kopteeni

On 6/1/2022 at 9:14 PM, Kopteeni said:

Hello folks,

make sure to save your cameras.cfg before updating. The patch will override any changes.The default VR position has not been fixed in the patch.

Would these settings also be usable with Track IR???

Thanks in advance for any advice

On 5/21/2022 at 9:47 PM, Kopteeni said:

So, I guess this is an alternate approach. I've succesfully set my default position in <Community folder>\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\FNX320\Cameras.cfg by modifying the PilotVR InitialXyz parameter. I think this is much more intuitive to tweak than the one you are using since the values seem to correspond with meters. 

1. Open the document

2. Search "PilotVR"

3. Find InitialXyz under that

The values I settled with are: InitialXyz= -0.075, 0.75, -2.55

Note, my eyepoint is in default position

Thanks very much!

For me the ideal setting appeared to be:

InitialXyz= -0.075, 0.6,-2.55

Edward

• Like 1