Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Fenix A320- Single Point Feedback/Request Collection

@Aamir et al-

Workflow allowing, could we please consider allowing each Throttle Detent to have a 10-15 unit coverage area, so that selecting Flex or Climb isn’t fiddly for those without HW detents on their Throttles.

Calibration would best allow the user to decide the span of each detent. To accommodate this each setting would have TWO points, an upper and lower, and anything between would be in the detent. 

Ta- C

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Cant import flight plan after buying navigraph subscription - any help would be appreciated - use to work before subscription - I installed all the proper files and Fenix navigraph update install

Rich Sennett

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@Aamir et al-

Workflow allowing, could we please consider allowing each Throttle Detent to have a 10-15 unit coverage area, so that selecting Flex or Climb isn’t fiddly for those without HW detents on their Throttles.

Calibration would best allow the user to decide the span of each detent. To accommodate this each setting would have TWO points, an upper and lower, and anything between would be in the detent. 

Ta- C

Instead of pinging Aamir, why don’t you submit a ticket?

Isn’t your problem already covered by the deadzone % on the calibration screen?

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@Aamir et al-

Ta- C

I second this. I feel stupid trying to hit FLEX every time when I throttle up on takeoff 😄

Edited by Fiorentoni

28 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Instead of pinging Aamir, why don’t you submit a ticket?

Isn’t your problem already covered by the deadzone % on the calibration screen?

Ah you mean that‘s what deadzone is for? But isn‘t that used for every detent? So I‘d also have a deadzone for idle? (Which I don‘t want)

VR performance is absolutely abysmal, unusable on my system so far. Compared to the other airliner released recently this product has a long way to go VR wise. It does have potential though and hopefully Fenix will come through.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

16 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

VR performance is absolutely abysmal, unusable on my system so far. Compared to the other airliner released recently this product has a long way to go VR wise. It does have potential though and hopefully Fenix will come through.

How is it non-VR? Can‘t think of a reason why it should be specifically bad in VR, compared to other airplanes.

10 hours ago, JaneRachel said:

heya,

Yes it was a managed descent, with managed speed, so your guess is as good as mine why the speed plummeted or why the APPR phase didnt properly trigger. I was deliberately hands off letting the aircraft do its thing to see how it handled automatic approach. It was fully on speed and profile on the transition from STAR to the ILS intercept.

Hi,

tested auto approach at 2 different airports - all went normal. At DECEL point deduced to green dot and waited for further action ...

But IRL - in 99% of all approaches you will not be able to use this feature, mainly because of intervention from ATC. A far as I know, at least for 2 Airlines here in Thailand it is in general forbidden to use AutoApproach. 

Kind regards

Detlef

4 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Cant import flight plan after buying navigraph subscription - any help would be appreciated - use to work before subscription - I installed all the proper files and Fenix navigraph update install

Can you explain more of the issues you’re having and any errors etc? I don’t see how buying a navigraph sub would stop this from working. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Can you explain more of the issues you’re having and any errors etc? I don’t see how buying a navigraph sub would stop this from working. 

Yes I agree with you have to give it a second look

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Dont know if it's already been mentioned, but is it possible to add a custom panel state save to the EFB menu? It's something I'm used to from PMDG which I think is a great feature. 

No unfortunately not. I'm hoping they will add this later. A persistant turnaround mode is a basic feature of a study level aircraft, so it's quite a disappointment they did not do this (albeit it's the only disappointment...).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stratone said:

Hi,

tested auto approach at 2 different airports - all went normal. At DECEL point deduced to green dot and waited for further action ...

But IRL - in 99% of all approaches you will not be able to use this feature, mainly because of intervention from ATC. A far as I know, at least for 2 Airlines here in Thailand it is in general forbidden to use AutoApproach. 

Kind regards

Detlef

Thanks Detlef,

Tested at various airports here all good, except it did it to me again on the HON1H arrival in to Heathrow (might be the crazy steep path on that STAR or something).

Yep, I am aware of the airline limitations and not something I would normally use either, was just testing it out to see how it performed.

Really grateful for you testing this out too, thank you!

Jane

- Jane Whittaker

the engine sounds seems a bit too low , especially startup inside and out.  In the beta videos they sounded incredible now they are almost not there. is there anyway to adjust the sounds , ive got everything up in MS already...

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

2 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

I can't confirm. My VR Performance is just as good, or sometimes bad, as it is in other aircraft.