Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Mods...is it time?

I mean....maybe a Fenix sub thread/forum or something, hehe.  I get the distinct feeling that this Fenix thingy is a rather popular topic...anyone getting that feeling?  But what about other non-Fenix, MSFS topics?  They roll off the front page in about a minute, hehe.

Waiting to see who this will trigger into replying harshly about my apparent hatred about Fenix, which as a hour-one customer and huge fan, I find rather odd and more a reflection on the poster making the comment than my honest attempt to organize this completely jumbled mess of an MSFS forum into something we can all read and enjoy more betterer. 🙂 

Lol...missed one with the green arrows...but I think the screenshot captures my point well.  11 of the 15 topics on the 1st page are about....well  12 if you count this one 🤣

eeuBMg.png

• Like 15
  • Upvote 9

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

maybe when PMDG brings out an update, they will be on the front row again. Again credit goes to the master.

and yes I do love PMDG! and your repaints!!!!!!

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

The MSFS forum is just about to surpass the P3D section in number of posts, and that in less than 2 years since the sim was released. Having a sub-forum for the Fenix (and others topics as well) would make total sense...

Unfortuantely, I doubt this will happen for well-known reasons.

• Like 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Fenixsim should seriously consider opening up a forum of their own.

Their product definitely has deserved better than that Discord mess.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, pilotter said:

maybe when PMDG brings out an update, they will be on the front row again. Again credit goes to the master.

and yes I do love PMDG! and your repaints!!!!!!

Hehe.....you HATER!!!🤣 (JK of course)

I agree that this "Season" of Fenix overload will subside in time, and about the time when PMDG or any other major dev hits the market with their new creation....the focus for me is to capture and organize all the great feedback coming from the simming community on this wonderful package.   8 weeks from now, all these threads will be on page 100, and lets just say the search feature here as Avsim leaves a LOT to be desired and is practically useless. A dedicated forum I feel could help a bit, however there would be much more work to be done to turn it into a solid resource for info on the Fenix package. 

Yes...in a perfect world, Fenix would have their own, dedicated and fully Fenix-Staff supported forum for this...but this is NOT a perfect world, LOL.  That amount of commitment would cost dearly, and that cost would have to be absorbed by the customers (i.e. she would, in my estimate, be at least 10-15 dollars more per unit....YES...dedicated, company-staffed support IS that expensive...I know this for a fact).

So...that is where we're at. 🙂

Oh and thanks for enjoying my paints.  Here is a scary fact:  Since release, there have been over 500 paints made available for the PMDG 737 at flightsim.to....Do the numbers (although the production of liveries will never remain linier), and we're on track to have every livery the 737 ever wore buy the end of the year (or sooner).....THAT is mindboggling to me, as I'm vaguely familiar on what it takes to produce a livery package. 🤔

Edited by Steve Dra
speeling
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

As of today 21May, 2022, the PMDG User to User 737 Forum here on Avsim has a total of 3 posts since the release of the 737-700 for MSFS on May 9th.

You can have forums for all the different addons but people actually have to use them. And/or the moderators have to move posts into their appropriate forum. Slim chance of either of those happening.

But I love watching futility so I agree a dedicated fenix forum is needed.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

6 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

As of today 21May, 2022, the PMDG User to User 737 Forum here on Avsim has a total of 3 posts since the release of the 737-700 for MSFS on May 9th.

You can have forums for all the different addons but people actually have to use them. And/or the moderators have to move posts into their appropriate forum. Slim chance of either of those happening.

The difference being that PMDG has their own user to user forum, where they and testers etc are all active.

Many find Discord a complete mess for support....

G

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

7 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Hehe...I know its wishful thinking on my part....but so is my wife getting me that G5 for my birthday. She said "Expect nothing bigger than a CJ4...anything bigger is just wasteful for our needs"....I'm crushed, and will obviously will have to charter a G5 or Global Express or BBJ for our flights outside the US. 😞

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

We had the same thing with AIG few months ago... the thing was everywhere!

Now I'm doing my best to find out how to recompile properly! 😉

It’s only been a day or so since release. No need for the PMDG fans to panic! I doubt there will be this many Fenix threads in a couple of weeks time.

Right now, it’s the most interesting thing happening in flightsim, so there’s plenty of conversation.

Moving threads out of the main forum risks killing or curtailing the discussion. 

I’m personally happy with the threads being exactly where they are at the moment.

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I think it's fine as-is.  Fenix is the hot new product that just came out, so there's naturally a boatload of new threads about aspects of it, troubleshooting common issues, and general discussion.  I think you'll see it cool off and a couple of threads emerge as the place where 99% of Fenix talk coalesces.

If that is the case, then a new subforum would consist of a bunch of dead threads and 1-2 active ones.  And then eventually even those will probably cool off.

I agree with whoever said Fenix themselves should create a forum however.  But then, I don't really like Discord.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Probably a good idea.

It's similar to the first few pages at flightsim.to - where nearly every new file entry is a PMDG or Fenix repaint haha!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agreed. Move them or merge them. For those of us with zero interest in either PMDG or Fenix this is a good time for an Avsim holiday. 

Years of experience have taught us that dedicating subforums to every hot topic results in the proliferation of subforums, partitioning topics off and making info harder to find later, and creating a management headache downstream.  So we don't do that.  The PMDG user-to-user forum here is sometime pointed-to as an "a-ha, gotcha!", but it is an exception resulting from the fact that it was their official support forum for many years and we decided to keep it open after they went out on their own with a dedicated support forum on their own site.

Searches use a lot of server resources, so they are throttled back to preserve response time when load is high, which is a lot (as I write this there are ~2175 users on the site)  That said, the major search engines regularly crawl our forums, and a Duck-Duck-Go or other major search engine search will produce fast results in finding forum content when the forum servers are loaded up.

The distribution of topics in the forums ebbs and flows to reflect current interests...it really isn't that difficult to press "Page Down" a time or two to get past the flavor-of-the-week to other more routine traffic.

• Like 7

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I agree that it can get a bit confusing with this many threads on the Fenix. I stick to a couple of them and post my inputs there. I rarely use AVSIM's own search function. Instead I go to google and search whatever and add :https://www.avsim.com/forums

Anyway I still find it much easier to find information here on AVSIM compared to discord. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”