Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Mods...is it time?

@Steve Dra,

I asked, but they did not listen. 😀

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

As I just said elsewhere, by the logic used by the OP we should also have had CRJ, Kodiak, 310 etc. etc. fora - so there you go. It'll fade away quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

5 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

As I just said elsewhere, by the logic used by the OP we should also have had CRJ, Kodiak, 310 etc. etc. fora - so there you go. It'll fade away quickly.

Not really, most of those live in one thread. The C414 thread is now 54 pages long, the 310 is 44. The big boys tend to be bought by those who have no clue how to fly them and no enthusiasm to read the manual so you'll get a new post for every minute query. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Not really, most of those live in one thread. The C414 thread is now 54 pages long, the 310 is 44. The big boys tend to be bought by those who have no clue how to fly them and no enthusiasm to read the manual so you'll get a new post for every minute query. 

100% seem to be people who also have no patience to watch how it's done on YouTube either, or in fact do any research into what they are buying.

I remember back when the NGX released and I spent an awful lot of time checking reviews and videos comparing that and the iFly. Could pretty much go from Cold & Dark by the time I purchased the thing..... don't envy the Devs who have to work out whether it's a platform/aircraft/user issue at the moment.. .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Even if there were a dedicated forum, these people wouldn't use it. Case in point, a post in the Flysimware thread urging users to post on Discord so the dev could see it. He is completely unaware that there is a Flysimware support forum here on Avsim. People post in the main MSFS thread because they hope to get a faster response from the entire community. I could spend many hours every day just merging and moving posts and they start a new one when they can't locate or do not even look for the old.

The Fenix threads are normal for a new highly anticipated product - it will find it's level with no interference.

• Like 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I think its a good idea to have an "Addon Planes" subforum where questions and topics about PMDG and Fenix can go. The last few weeks it looked like the first two pages of the forum was 90% Fenix and PMDG and it drowns other relevant topics.

4 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

"flavor-of-the-week..."

really? PMDG and Fenix? really?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

really? PMDG and Fenix? really?

Really.  Yes, really.  Really really.  No, really.

This week, it's Fenix.  Before that it was PMDG.  Before that it was Leonardo Maddog.  When something popular releases, for a time it becomes the topic de jour in its relevant forum...aka "the flavor of the week."

• Like 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Why are folks speaking for the Fenix ,PMDG and Leonardo devs and requesting subforums?

Did Amir say he desired a Fenix product subforum and would take full responsibility for answering all tech/bug related issues there? 

If a subforum is made for Fenix products and Amir doesn't care to frequent and answer customer service related issues there, are you all gonna be upset and request to have it shut down?🙃

No need to be overzealous as customers and forum users, it's above our heads what goes on with company/product subforums and Avsim staff.

It's also kinda rude and a bit entitled to ping forum staff in random threads with such request and not follow a proper request process.😏

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 4

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

6 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Even if there were a dedicated forum, these people wouldn't use it. Case in point, a post in the Flysimware thread urging users to post on Discord so the dev could see it. He is completely unaware that there is a Flysimware support forum here on Avsim. People post in the main MSFS thread because they hope to get a faster response from the entire community. I could spend many hours every day just merging and moving posts and they start a new one when they can't locate or do not even look for the old.

Eh? Flysimware has been using that forum for years, and both Mark and beta testers respond to queries in it.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

Really.  Yes, really.  Really really.  No, really.

This week, it's Fenix.  Before that it was PMDG.  Before that it was Leonardo Maddog.  When something popular releases, for a time it becomes the topic de jour in its relevant forum...aka "the flavor of the week."

got it... no problem.  I'm going to swing down to the 'Mindstar Aviation Support Forum' to see if anything has been posted this year.  Thanks for the heads up.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

There's a difference between a developer-operated support forum and an AVSIM-managed subforum under one of the simulator forums.  When we open a support forum in the commercial or freeware support forum sections, the developer has requested we host the forum and has agreed to provide support there.  To enable each support forum to be managed by its individual developer we provide them discrete forums and the permissions needed to manage discussions related to their offerings within their own forums. 

The relative few user-to-user forums are forums that once were developer-supported and then later abandoned--we keep them largely to preserve the body of knowledge previously accumulated there.

We frequently get these requests to open dedicated subforums every time a hot new product comes out, and I've explained up-thread why, as a matter of policy, we don't re-structure our forums that way.

Since the question has been repeatedly asked and repeatedly answered, and since further discussion will not change the outcome, I'm going to close it now.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case