Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

[21MAY22] PMDG 737-700 Developers Update: Pending Changes

42 minutes ago, David Mills said:

So how are you supposed to introduce radical "innovation" when you're modeling the identical aircraft? Do you want a 737 with four engines now? If the visuals are better, then you're already way ahead. Some people are never happy.

You must be under a rock.

Look at what FSL has done with their airbus in P3d. Thats for starters. 

They cleaned up some things with this 737. However there are still things blatantly wrong with this version.

For the most part, i think they did a decent job with the 737 in msfs. However, they could have done more. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

4 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

However there are still things blatantly wrong with this version.

What are those?

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

the cockpit graphic is P3D level, the functions are mostly same if no better than P3D, nothing new and the system modeling nothing from scratch as they claimed, the same old FSX style coding.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, threegreen said:

What are those?

The engine spool up dynamics when applying takeoff thrust. Theres no EGT rollback when there should be.

the pneumatic behavior during engine starts as well. 

One they did seem to model are the differences in flight characteristics between flaps 30 and 40.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt kubanda

15 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

the cockpit graphic is P3D level, the functions are mostly same if no better than P3D, nothing new and the system modeling nothing from scratch as they claimed, the same old FSX style coding.

The cockpit graphics are not P3d level. Goodness….

• Like 5

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

For the most part, i think they did a decent job with the 737 in msfs. However, they could have done more. 

That's what I think. Don't get me wrong, I love my 737 for sure. When I fly it, it feels exactly like what I flew and loved flying in P3D. PMDG lived up to their promise and gave it to me to use in MSFS. But it is exactly what I already had. Minus, of course, the features that they couldn't port to MSFS.

I'm going to hold off on the 600, 800, and 900. If I hear on here that they are exactly the same in MSFS as they were in P3D, with all of the sane exact quirks and bugs that they had in P3D I will take a pass on them. I can live with flying the 700 in MSFS for a while. I'm used to it now. I am still not a PMDG customer in the MSFS space. They gave me this one gratis, as an appetizer, if you will just to prove that they had made the jump. At some point it is inevitable that a Fenix level 737 will come our way. I will gladly wait for it, I am a patient man.

If I am going to spend any money on another 737 for MSFS, it had better be a real Bobby Dazzler. One will come. If PMDG doesn't do it. Somebody else will because they know that we are waiting for it. 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

7 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

The cockpit graphics are not P3d level. Goodness….

It is pretty on par with P3D level, but far from MSFS level. Whatever you can argue, the simple unrealistic color tone, cartoonish buttons and knobs, and lighting in the cockpit!

Edited by nicboyGS
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LRBS said:

Try this, please.

Thank you very much, I will try this tonight.  To go along with this, do you have your throttles set up and working in FSUIPC or do you use the MSFS axis assignments for those?

I tried my usual method of disabling the throttles in MSFS and assigning them in MSFS as throttle 1 and 2 and they were non-responsive.

Thanks again!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

What are those?

It's quite amazing to see you and a few others asking the same question and pretending that nothing is wrong.
The same issue as it happens on their forum if someone says something that needs to be fixed it has to be at least a few guys that will jump on that person and defend the wrong no matter what or pretend that is otherwise.
I really don't understand this mentality, maybe it is just that they feel to protect a product with issues at any cost to the detriment of actually bringing the software to a better outcome, or have no idea how the systems should operate, or just to argue.
Somehow people need to understand that pointing out bugs it's actually a good thing and this is how we improve everything, not denial or taking it personally.
To answer your question, read the problems and bugs in their forum, please. And if that is not enough, open FCOM2, read, understand how certain systems should work, and then fly it and compair.
All that I can say for sure as a real airline pilot and a PC flight simulator enthusiast there are many bugs with this release and their product.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

8 hours ago, Nyxx said:

We have fix'ed a display bug that very little see.

We have fix'ed tiny model/texture bug very little see

Pop up that will kill FPS coming

Best to use hard pause its the Esc key in msfs anyway.

A wall of text for very little.............................

Robert and his Hype....

I really don't understand the hostility directed at RSR and PMDG. 
If you don't like his writing style, don't read it. 

• Like 2

David Porrett

21 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Thank you very much, I will try this tonight.  To go along with this, do you have your throttles set up and working in FSUIPC or do you use the MSFS axis assignments for those?

I tried my usual method of disabling the throttles in MSFS and assigning them in MSFS as throttle 1 and 2 and they were non-responsive.

Thanks again!

Dave,

To be very honest with you I find MSFS control adjustments very good and extensive.
What they miss is what I mentioned reverser axis that should be implemented.
Direct to the answer, I would use MSFS for T1 and T2 and use FSUPIC for two features. One for the reverser axis as I illustrated and the second for the elevator trim. Their elevator trim a) has a very harsh response, b) there is a brief delay after you activate the rocker switches. Both a and b with FSUPIC can be adjusted to a better outcome and if you need that I can walk you through that very easily.

15 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Yes, it's a pity. It's nothing against the product, it's just that RSR once upon of time was a very nice person, he's changed into something else, likes to fight with the people (customer) that dare to point out discrepancies with his product, bans people from the forum and threatens them like children, almost constantly blames others for his shortcomings, promises stuff that he doesn't follow too well if at all.
It's a long list, self-inflicted wounds.
And for his writing style, as you said don't read it, 100% correct.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Let's not be disengineous here folks 🙂 Yes RSR is wordy but I'll wager that for all the 737 customers these updates are useful. Proper pause being implemented in SU10 is goodness not just for PMDG but for all aircrafts.

I realize that some have this weird hatred towards PMDG, and probably feel personally wronged due to whatever history... but the fact of the matter is, they put out high quality birds for MSFS that are widely and wildly popular, and the 737-700 is a dang fine product.  Not sure why this tribalism has to happen where one has to be partial to one dev or another, how about enjoying all of them, and if you don't care for one or the other then coming on threads to declare that is... well, thanks for letting us know :S

And PMDG I imagine is consistently bringing smiles to their own faces as they look at their sales figures.

Agree with your thoughts 100%. When I did the first flight with pmdg in msfs I thought, finally, we now have a great, not just good, aircraft for msfs. Look forward to when wx radar becomes available. This pmdg 737-700 is an excellent creation. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

There are multiple and numerous reasons why people are hostile towards PMDG.  I'm still REALLY torqued about how the crossgrade from FSX to P3D was handled a few years ago, and the general hostility of the PMDG forums towards "the unwashed", once here at Avsim, now on their own site.  Others are more upset about stagnation of product, general "anything we did wrong or didn't get done is someone else's fault" mentality, and slow progress to accomplishing things that were supposed to have been done long ago.  Randazzo's ego, hype train thinking, and writing style are minor things, but they add to it.

But what really makes it worse, is that they ARE really good at what they do, and they command the market for Boeing based addons.  I had similar anger towards, for example FS2crew for the p3d product transition (we'll make you a new installer, you pay us full price again) but, as FS2crew was only a minor part of my setup, I could happily not give them any more money, uninstall their stuff, and forget about it.  as a result, thinking about FS2crew doesn't raise my blood pressure the way the thought of giving PMDG another couple hundred bucks does.  and I'm going to have to give them hundreds again, because I like flying Boeings, and PMDG's success has everyone else scared to do one. 

So, yeah.  I don't want them driven out of business, I own and enjoy the msfs 737, and if Bobby Rando wants to address his forum however he likes, that's his deal, I'm not drinking from that bottle.  But would it make me smile if someone comes along and kicks PMDG's word not allowed in a business sense?  Yep, sure would.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

That's what I think. Don't get me wrong, I love my 737 for sure. When I fly it, it feels exactly like what I flew and loved flying in P3D. PMDG lived up to their promise and gave it to me to use in MSFS. But it is exactly what I already had. Minus, of course, the features that they couldn't port to MSFS.

I'm going to hold off on the 600, 800, and 900. If I hear on here that they are exactly the same in MSFS as they were in P3D, with all of the sane exact quirks and bugs that they had in P3D I will take a pass on them. I can live with flying the 700 in MSFS for a while. I'm used to it now. I am still not a PMDG customer in the MSFS space. They gave me this one gratis, as an appetizer, if you will just to prove that they had made the jump. At some point it is inevitable that a Fenix level 737 will come our way. I will gladly wait for it, I am a patient man.

If I am going to spend any money on another 737 for MSFS, it had better be a real Bobby Dazzler. One will come. If PMDG doesn't do it. Somebody else will because they know that we are waiting for it. 

“Bobby Dazzler?” What the heck is that? Secondly, oh Im stealing this! This is awesome hahaha 

overall, i agree with all your points.

• Like 1

Matt kubanda