Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

FENIX A320 control settings/disappointment

Folks I thought that the FENIX addon had overcome the dreadful ground behaviour of aircraft in MSFS but having just done my first flight in it, I was very disappointed to find that it was all over the place on landing and rocking around like a boat with only small rudder inputs, just like the GA aircraft in MSFS. I’ve yet to find an aircraft that isn’t doing this in MSFS at the moment and it may be something I’m doing wrong with my settings; does anyone else find this and if not could you give me an idea of your control settings (sensitivity etc.) because it’s making aircraft unusable in this sim at the moment.

Call me crazy but if your GA planes are having this issue and now the Fenix then might it be a problem with your settings? There is a video out that might help. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

36 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Folks I thought that the FENIX addon had overcome the dreadful ground behaviour of aircraft in MSFS but having just done my first flight in it, I was very disappointed to find that it was all over the place on landing and rocking around like a boat with only small rudder inputs, just like the GA aircraft in MSFS. I’ve yet to find an aircraft that isn’t doing this in MSFS at the moment and it may be something I’m doing wrong with my settings; does anyone else find this and if not could you give me an idea of your control settings (sensitivity etc.) because it’s making aircraft unusable in this sim at the moment.

Please add some smoothing (S curve) to the rudder as it is horribly sensitive in MSFS and in dire need of factory adjustment. She taxies beautifully (with a tiller) and TO acceleration and landing Decel are things of beauty.... keep at it, she's worth the effort.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Yes ground dynamics is not good at msfs. But In msfs settings you can try to reduce rudder sensivity to -%60-70.%, dead zone to %20, extremity dead zone to %25. With fbw 320 and pmdg 737 seems good. But Not tried with fenix. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Uygar

Best Regards

3 hours ago, spitzer said:

Yes ground dynamics is not good at msfs. But In msfs settings you can try to reduce rudder sensivity to -%60-70.%, dead zone to %20, extremity dead zone to %25. With fbw 320 and pmdg 737 seems good. But Not tried with fenix. 

That has made it much better, and I’ve reduced the nosewheel steering axis sensitivity too. It’s not ideal but it’s a lot better thank you. I’ve never had to change sensitivity in P3D it’s definitely not just my set up, in my opinion.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:44 PM, spitzer said:

Many thanks for your settings I was trying to find the sweet spot and your settings worked. Also helped that I can switch the tiller off and on.

Why should they waste resources on trying to trick the ground friction model into something more realistic, when Asobo themselves stated that they know that the ground model is not up to par and that they are currently working on bringing it to the same level as the air model.?

Any developer that includes a "hack" into their aircraft now, would have to remove it again as soon as Asobo delivers on that promise.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

On 5/21/2022 at 10:01 AM, rondon9898 said:

Something is wrong with your setup. I don't experience any of the problems you are describing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Blackbox711 IRL A320 pilot

Settings

320.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Any developer that includes a "hack" into their aircraft now, would have to remove it again as soon as Asobo delivers on that promise.

😁😆

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Blackbox711 IRL A320 pilot

Settings

320.png

This is for a Warthog stick? I thought since the Warthog has pretty good resistance, I could use linear. -40% seems more fitted for low-resitance sticks like the TCA sidestick.

19 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

This is for a Warthog stick? I thought since the Warthog has pretty good resistance, I could use linear. -40% seems more fitted for low-resitance sticks like the TCA sidestick.

I have never used flat linear before.

Its will give you more movement/less sensitive pitch commands. 

I only saw it this morning and I am going to try it tonight. I have never used flat linear before so will be intresting on roll.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 5/21/2022 at 4:01 PM, rondon9898 said:

Using toolbar pushback?

Because there is a conflict and it won't detach from the nose wheel so you end up with what you describes... (the issue is known)

Edited by awf

André

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I have never used flat linear before.

Its will give you more movement/less sensitive pitch commands. 

I only saw it this morning and I am going to try it tonight. I have never used flat linear before so will be intresting on roll.

I’m curious what you mean by flat linear, are you referring to the first pic with no s curve in place?

I’m in the process of dialling in my Thrustmaster side stick, I find the tiller very sensitive even with a curve in place 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png