Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

FENIX A320 control settings/disappointment

On 5/29/2022 at 4:48 AM, rondon9898 said:

Even with massive s-curves and sensitivity reductions, it’s still poor. I think study-level sim developers should be finding ways to circumvent the terrible ground physics. I’m hoping they find ways of doing this because landings still feel like Compo rolling down the hill in the bath in Last of the Summer Wine.

It's a  well established issue with MSFS. Playing with sensitivity can't really cure it. Definitely something that needs to be fixed by Asobo as well as other glaring issues with the physics engine. 

In the last Q & A the Asobo team has pledged to cater to more than the eye-candy crowd so there's hope that at some point this will be improved. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2022 at 6:30 AM, Nyxx said:

Blackbox711 IRL A320 pilot

Settings

320.png

Do we know what his rudder pedals are set to, or does anyone want to post what their settings are that work well?  I have this issue as well.

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

3 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Do we know what his rudder pedals are set to, or does anyone want to post what their settings are that work well?  I have this issue as well.

Will depend on your rudders.

With by TPR I use 20%

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

With by TPR I use 20%

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

With by TPR I use 20%

On all axis' ?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

The Fenix is he easiest aircraft to control when either taking off or landing, if your controls are set up correctly. If your swerving or any other weird things, your controls are screwed up, not the aircraft or MSFS.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

On all axis' ?

As you asked Rudder axis.

Brakes are a different matter altogether.

Pilot seat shift levers do not work. Is there some sort of blockage? The instrument panel is too close for me. If I move the camera back, then the back of the seat interferes with me.

Edited by Flying-Hare

13 hours ago, Flying-Hare said:

Pilot seat shift levers do not work. Is there some sort of blockage? The instrument panel is too close for me. If I move the camera back, then the back of the seat interferes with me.

The seats can't be moved. If you can't move the viewpoint backwards, you can zoom out and save that as your new default view (CTRL+F10, at least that's my keybind for saving a new default VC view).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

With by TPR I use 20%

Hey David,

Do you have any other setting on the rudder pedals other than a - 20% sensitivity curve? I have Virpil Ace pedals and I just cannot seem to dial them in. They are not too bad on GA planes but with the Fenix I find that even with an S-Curve in place the rudder input on the take off roll seems very sensitive.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Add 10% deadzones the planes great to handle.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:30 AM, Nyxx said:

Blackbox711 IRL A320 pilot

Settings

320.png

I can't see the picture. Is it up and it's my browser? 

Eric 

there seems to be something wrong with the aircraft air ground contact points, see the "Fenix veers to the right" thread, on ground the rudder is not controlling the direction as expected, aircraft feels like swimming at higher speeds. Fenix responded in that thread and hopefully there is a solution soon. I've tried several rudder pedal sensitivity adjustments, no help at all, using CH Pro Pedals. To hold the runway heading at the moment for me only works to land the plane with the lowest speed allowed, but that is not as it should I think.

Best regards Ralf

Edited by cseu
wrong spelling

Ralf Andreas

8 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Hey David,

Do you have any other setting on the rudder pedals other than a - 20% sensitivity curve? I have Virpil Ace pedals and I just cannot seem to dial them in. They are not too bad on GA planes but with the Fenix I find that even with an S-Curve in place the rudder input on the take off roll seems very sensitive.

I suggest you just keep adding more curve, I had it upto 70% with a warbird, it’s not what it looks like it’s how it feels to use.

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

I can't see the picture. Is it up and it's my browser? 

Eric, it’s your browser 

Folks, it’s no good saying something to the effect of “it’s your controls, not MSFS”, as some tend to say in these forums and others, because it just ain’t true. The ground physics, along with things like the turbulence physics, are way, way off in MSFS at the moment and I’m seeing it in all sorts of videos and streams as well as my own simming. Never had problems of this nature in the sim before and I’ve been simming a heck of a long time now. My hope is that payware creators can overcome it somehow, but FENIX have yet to do so.

Edited by rondon9898