Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Msfs Live Traffic

Hi, those that are flying with live traffic, do you notice airports and skies really quiet and almost empty? I do have ground traffic set to 0 since I don't like generic planes in the sim. I use AIG planes for traffic and do not launch AIG TC when using real live traffic. 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hmm, wonder why kphx or KSAN are so quiet then 

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Same here. Live traffic doesn’t seem to show airplanes that are parked even if they appear in flightradar24, not sure why. It also seems to take a little while for flint aircraft to appear. I suppose it depends on part on how close they are to you for them to appear, but I wish they would appear more quickly… klax was nearly empty yesterday…

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes like you have to start the sim, get your aircraft at the gate and let it sit there with live traffic for about 10-15 minutes

I saw loads of live traffic over Europe when I flew from EGSS to LPFR earlier. They are about 10 minutes behind what you see on FlightRadar though.

Conversely for the return leg I've turned it off and using Live Mode instead, but there's not a soul around..

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I usually don't see much live traffic... at the busiest times of day, in the busiest areas (e.g. JFK) if I let the sim sit for 10+ minutes, traffic will usually start building up, but in not-so-busy areas/times of day there's practically nothing (while there are plenty of airborne traffic on Flightradar.) and sometimes it just doesn't work at all, for whatever reason.