Sign in to follow this  
Ramasurinen

Some things to try for dual core users... and single co...

Phil,As requested, I disabled all addons completely and returned FSX to a stock install, including a freshly generated FSX.CFG file. Running the autodetected settings without a single change (including an FPS cap of 20), I ran my benchmark twice - once to measure performance and the second time to view critically for blurries.The performance results are per the following graph and are as expected (ie. pegged at 20 FPS just about the whole time):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173118.jpgOn the blurry front, I am happy to report that the run was blurry free. I even paused the sim right where I did above and took a screenie just as I paused and one five seconds latet. There was no change in clarity of the ground textures.So at least from a stock install and run perspective, I can categorically state that blurries are not an issue on my system.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

As requested Mike, I set it all up again as you specify above and did the run with the FPS limit set to 25. The results were the same as before, in that the blurries appeared once the FPS limit couldn't be achieved and cleared if I paused the sim. Attached are the before and after pause screenshots:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173120.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173121.jpgGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest NYURDRMS

Haldir,I want to thank you for your work in this. I have tried your tweaking and went from a flight that was getting around 10 fps with a 20fps limit to pushing the 20fps limit with almost all the sliders turned up.I have a e6600 not overclocked yet.2Gig memory8800GTX beta driversI am also running ASX (one of the best addon's ever) and My Traffic with about 80% commercial, 50% GA. I really haven't had the time to play around with tweaking, so you guide was very helpful. I am going to be playing with it now to see if I can raise the limit to 30 if that would matter.Thanks again,Chad

Hi Mike."Another two things I've done that have helped enormously with performance, much more so than they did pre sp1. Use Rhumbaflappy's reduced default.xml file. I'm sorry I don't have a link to it, and not sure if it's still here on avsim. It didn't make much difference for me pre-sp1 (the bottlenecks were elsewhere), but wow did it ever after that. Thanks Rhumba! I think it was on Matt Fox's site awhile back, but maybe someone can provide a link to it here."It's here:http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/FSX_def...rhumba1_XML.zipIn the Autogen Folder:Save your "default.xml" ( rename it as "default.xml.orig" ). Unzip "rhumba1.xml" and rename it as "default.xml"What does it do?It gets rid of all the fast food chicken joints, etc... and leaves the trees. That's it. The FPS saving is due to lessened rendering times and texture searching.An edit here to clarify things... I don't use this tweak. :) SP1 is running pretty good for me, and I enjoy seeing the churches and water towers.Dick

Guest craig1998

what? no fast food! lolI guess setting text bandwidth mult=0 has no effect according to phils latest blog. he said 0 is an ignored value. 10 is where it starts at.

It seems to have worked for me as well. Still no terribly complex aircraft or add-on AI, but with the Carenado Cessna P210 in VC mode, it was a smooth 25-30 FPS locked. This is my second install of FSX, uninstalled it the first time, pre-SP1, because it was unflyable. At least I can continue to explore it now, thanks Haldir.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.