Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

Fenix update has just been released!

Get it from your dashboard on fenixsim.com or from within the Fenix app.

Lots of improvement, barely 48 hours after release!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Give us some good news on performance guys ! Might purchase it finally. 

Edited by roi1862

Roi Ben

(from @Aamir over at Discord):

Hello @everyone

We've just pushed an update to you that can be acquired by going to your customer dashboard on fenixsim.com and redownloading the A320, or clicking on the top right of the Fenix App where there should be a prompt to download a new version. The aim of this update is to address issues preventing proper use of the product, e.g. installation errors, performance, EFB and display glitches, and expanding controller support. Detailed breakdown below:

Xbox/PS4/Keyboard Controllers:

We were able to fix support for gamepad rudder control and keyboard rudder control in tonight's update - we're really sorry for the oversight on this one, no excuse.

Apple Pay:

We disabled Apple Pay after several hundred users signed up, paid, but couldn't login. Turns out there's a lovely default feature that allows you to hide your email address when using Apple Pay, causing the account to be linked to a nonexistant email address, with your actual email address impossible for us to know/store. We've been working through manually rectify the situation on a per customer basis. Really guys, you've been so patient on this and we're extremely grateful. Thank you.

PayPal:

We've been working with Paypal and will be adding this payment option as soon as we can, but we want to make sure it's 100% working as intended so we don't see a repeat of Apple Pay issues. We have assigned developers to this full-time & over the weekend to resolve ASAP.

Performance:

We were genuinely surprised to see a number of customers reporting extremely low/unflyable FPS in the aircraft upon release. During development we tested the aircraft on over 50 different hardware setups, some far below MSFS minimum specifications, and every single one was running within margin of other aircraft. With data collected from a few hundred users, we were able to make some very promising performance improvements in this latest build - especially on 4-core machines. We're going to continue to work on this aspect of the product in future updates.

Support:

Please remember, this Discord is for communication and discussion, for support you should submit a ticket via your customer dashboard. We have a support team ready and waiting to deal with your ticket, ensuring it doesn't get lost in a sea of Discord messages. All we ask is when working with our support team do not raise more than one ticket if you haven't yet got a response. We're responding 24/7 in a priority order - you will get a response but it might take a few hours. Submitting multiple tickets for the same issue in an attempt to get a response will only hamper our effectiveness.

EFB:

If you've been having problems using the EFB, we've made a number of changes/improvements/fixes that should hopefully sweep up a number of common issues relating to the EFB. Work is ongoing though, so expect to see further improvements in future updates.

Paintkit:

We've uploaded the paintkit, and are working on adding it to your customer dashboard, but I don't want a delay in people getting their hands on it for now here is the direct link: https://download.fenixsim.com/a320/paintkit/d4eb455b9456932d3f2d6f16e8dd3da8545ae52a/FenixSimA320-PaintKit-1.0.0.zip

Full changelog:

- Added gamepad controller support (default binds should just work out the box)

- Added keyboard rudder support

- Added keyboard throttle support, rebind Increase Throttle (small) and Decrease Throttle (small) in MSFS to whatever you want. While holding key, movement will hold for 2 seconds at each detent

- Fixed anti-icing

- Fixed settings configs not being saved to default

- Added meta tags to enable "Save to Homescreen" on iOS, and fullscreen viewing

- Resized window to reduce instances of overflowing long TAFs/ATIS

- Fixed ECAM N2 display glitches

- Improved performance on low-end machines

- Fixed displays going haywire in some situations

- Fixed EFB switches glitching out

- Improved performance on 4-core machines

- Improved shutdown logic to Fenix App

- Fixed missing touchdown FX

- Reduced performance impact of the contrails

- Fixed taxi light turning off with cabin (Get it together Dave)

- Removed requirement to be plugged in for EFB to boot (should stop issues with people stuck in just fenix logo)

- Fixed doors doing their own thing

- Added ability to add to home on iOS and then use in full screen

- Added rotation function for charts (non touch devices only for now)

- Fixed runway waypoint showing as extra label on

55DbVxF.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Hope they bring a update that will give a option to disable failures

• Like 1

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

7 minutes ago, alfy said:

Hope they bring a update that will give a option to disable failures

Failures are disabled by default 🙂

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

8 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Failures are disabled by default 🙂

Your first update looks very good. Great targeting of key issues and resolving them. You guys have extremely good project management. 

• Like 1

These guys don't have a weekend off that's for sure. Thank you 🙂 

• Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

21 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

- Fixed settings configs not being saved to default - Added meta tags to enable "Save to Homescreen" on iOS, and fullscreen viewing

OMG, I can't believe they got this right and added it right away.  Might seem like a small thing but as an iPad user, I was really hoping they would do this.  Their attention to detail is absolutely wonderful.  They are all over this product from top to bottom.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Norton is calling mine a medium threat.  WS.Reputation.1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

No issues here but don't use Norton personally - It's probably a false positive though and it's a fairly new EXE file for these virus scanners to check.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Our installers are code signed as is best practice, but because we are such a new company, my assumption is that the installer hasn't been installed on enough PCs for us to no longer be flagged a threat. Or, at least that's my understanding of it from the team that set this up. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

8 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Our installers are code signed as is best practice, but because we are such a new company, my assumption is that the installer hasn't been installed on enough PCs for us to no longer be flagged a threat. Or, at least that's my understanding of it from the team that set this up. 

Even removing it from quarantine.  And even turning off Norton.  Now windows won't even open the file?  Install things all the time but never saw this

EDIT: Re downloading worked. 

image.png.26919c397d8b7ccb3cf62b33ef4b79b0.png

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Is this an 'add on' update that installs itself over the current version or does one have to remove current version 1st?

T45

Edited by Treetops45
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1