Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Don't see anything like that on my EFB. 

I would love to know what you can see - It should look like this when you are on the homescreen. Unless you are already in one of the apps.

x1WgnP9.png

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hey, thanks for your help. I think I am done with this aircraft for his weekend, I have a gigantic headache and haven't gotten basically nowhere, since 8 this morning. Still can't get a decent looking flightplan into the MCDU...Unreal...🤬

Keep it simple at first - you dont need a sid and star to get you up in there air and get use to it - pick your departure  runway then bottom right of MCDU hit insert - go back and pick arrival airport runway then bottom right of MCDU hit insert

To get you going as you take off the ground when its looking for CL - pull back the throttles to CL detent and then hit the auto pilot button - make sure you have like 5,000 alt pre setup so AP has an altitude do climb to

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

spacer.png

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I just had a perfect flight with the update.

Everything works very well.

Seems frame rate is a bit better like 3-5 fps. I limit sync to 30 and use lots of popouts with my old system and it says at 30 or above except on payware airports when turning rapidly, but it recovers in a second or so when plane stops turning fast.

The MCDU is very easy once you wrap your head around D-I-F-S-R-I-P. There are great videos showing the flow to follow.

I really see no problems on my system at all.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

spacer.png

So you're in an app called Navigraph  - The buttons at the top at the other apps you can switch to.

2nd Icon = Departure Perf 

3rd Icon = Arrival Perf

Or simply press the home button on the tablet (next to the charging cable) and it will take you to the home screen where you will see the applications and their names like the screenshot I posted before.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

OMG! I just saw the coolest thing.

The landing gear struts on this thing are shock absorbing.

Put the plane at the gate. Hit the end key to get into external view. Position your view so that you can see all 3 set of wheels. Press the Y key to go into slew mode. The next time that you press the Y key to exit slew, watch the gear(s) carefully. Another neat feature. 

Now I know why it bounced to high on my last landing. 

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, RJC68 said:

OK Million Dollar question lol

Which do you prefer the Fenix A320 or PMDG 737? I am sitting on the fence, I love the FBW A320 (It is my go to airliner) and really love the look and complexity of the Fenix A320 but I miss a 737. I will probably end up with both I just cannot decide which will make it into my hanger first.

Life is short, get both if you can afford to do so. They are such different aircraft to fly that they provide great variety. Both are great.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 6

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

51 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hey, thanks for your help. I think I am done with this aircraft for his weekend, I have a gigantic headache and haven't gotten basically nowhere, since 8 this morning. Still can't get a decent looking flightplan into the MCDU...Unreal...🤬

Bob-

Perhaps that’s why a type rating isn’t easily achieved… persistent practice pays. Tomorrow’s another day…

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

43 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Life is short, get both if you can afford to do so. They are such different aircraft to fly that they provide great variety. Both are great.

Cheers, Pete

I will end up picking both up,

Just about to do some pretty significant hardware upgrades so want to save something for that lol

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

23 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Bob, ever heard of trying instead of asking? The EFB has only so many icons to click and works just like a normal tablet. Just fiddle around with it. It should not be that hard to check out which icon does what.

You have been doing nothing else the entire day than asking questions like you have never seen a computer before.

Well, that's a little harsh.  I think maybe he just hasn't seen an Airbus before.  I haven't either...but I'm looking forward to the journey.

• Like 2

@Aamir Why did you guys remove the departure countdown timer?

I miss that "under pressure" feeling of seeing it count down. It's like being on a cooking show. lol.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

10 minutes ago, nbhall68 said:

Well, that's a little harsh.  I think maybe he just hasn't seen an Airbus before.  I haven't either...but I'm looking forward to the journey.

People have been tripping overthemselves to help to no avail.  

Posted all the videos and tutorials.  

Not clicking on the tablet options was kinda the last straw.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Just sent a support ticket in about something and got a response in literally about a minute. Pretty phenomenal customer service!

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

6 minutes ago, JughedJones said:

People have been tripping overthemselves to help to no avail.  

Posted all the videos and tutorials.  

Not clicking on the tablet options was kinda the last straw.  

Fair enough, but I'm not getting any younger.  I hope when I'm old and tired, you young punks will help me out.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1