Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Huh? When you click on „load aircraft“ in the EFB you can choose „realistic time“, which takes about 25 mins to load the aircraft. It‘s not instantly (unless you choose „instant“). 

also to add  you can see the  names   as well  when  they board

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, KatiePilot said:

Hey! This gets picked up based on what you have in the MCDU, so if you have input a departure into the INIT page then it will be picked up by the EFB. Otherwise, it’ll leave it blank for you to enter yourself 🙂 

Hope you had a fun flight!

Katie

Ah I see - thanks 🙂  

11 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Which suggests the EFB & MCDU aren't talking to each other?

Well, they aren't talking to each other. It may look or feel like that but that's not the case. The MCDU has 'contact with the headquarters' on its own via the simulated ACARS system. I don't own the Fenix yet (PayPal) but I do wonder if you can't load the plan into the MCDU (INIT REQUEST) without loading it into the EFB?

11 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Also it’s good to use the provided simbrief FENIX profile, it’s somewhere on this forum. After flight plan is loaded remove the discontinuities and add the sid stars and you’re set. 

No, FIRST add sid and star and THEN remove disco's: usually adding sid and star will automatically remove the disco's.

11 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Hey guys just a question, if we input the FLAP / THS setting do we then need to manually adjust the trim also or is it one or the other ?

You don't set or use trims in the Airbus apart from setting the CG on the big trim wheel during setup. The THS setting also isn't mandatory (according to 320 Sim Pilot if I recall correctly). You don't HAVE to enter it into the MCDU afaik.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tup61 said:

but I do wonder if you can't load the plan into the MCDU (INIT REQUEST) without loading it into the EFB?

Yes you can. It really surprises me how many here that own the aircraft haven't figured this out yet.

You can request the plan in the ATSU first and then load it into the INIT page. Just like you can do it in the FBW Airbus.

You can even load the aircraft via the MCDU. You don't have to touch the EFB at all if you don't want to.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

I am absolutely in love with this add-on. Amazing in and out. I managed to fully follow the Simbrief---->MCDU----->EFB procedures, start it, take it off from the ground, hand flying it for 5 minutes and press the AP1 and watch it follow the constraints beautifully. I can't fly any other plane now.

• Like 12

Iñigo Bildarratz

15 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yes you can. It really surprises me how many here that own the aircraft haven't figured this out yet.

You can request the plan in the ATSU first and then load it into the INIT page. Just like you can do it in the FBW Airbus.

You can even load the aircraft via the MCDU. You don't have to touch the EFB at all if you don't want to.

Thanks for conforming my thoughts. I would have been surprised if it had been otherwise. 😉 word not allowed... can't wait to fly this Fenix myself... 😥

Edited by tup61

10 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

I am absolutely in love with this add-on. Amazing in and out. 

What exactly is the add-on you talk about? Do you mean the aircraft itselt, or something else ?

Get minus about 10 fps... 

i7 8700K @4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero | G.Skill TridentZ 4x8GB @3700Mhz | ROG Strix OC RTX 3080 Ti

Just now, Beagle12 said:

What exactly is the add-on you talk about? Do you mean the aircraft itselt, or something else ?

I mean, the Fenix A320.

Iñigo Bildarratz

I can't believe they worked over the weekend to get this patch.  Wow, that's amazing service.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am bit confused now, does Toolbar pushback work with Fenix?

Doesn't for me.  On commencing a push (either manual or pre-planned) the plane moves an inch backwards then stops.   Oh and yes, parking brake is definitely off 😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

11 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Just sent a support ticket in about something and got a response in literally about a minute. Pretty phenomenal customer service!

Cheers, Pete

Well I've sent two bit more complex I guess still waiting...

• Like 1

André

1 hour ago, Druce said:

Get minus about 10 fps... 

I suppose that's relative, not absolute... anyway:

In the fenix app set displays to GPU or CPU (depending on what you have set it now, just choose the opposite). If it gains you more FPS, leave it at that.
Then set displays quality to either balanced or performance (depending on how much FPS you want to gain and how good your eyes are).
Now you should have a 737-like performance.

3 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

They didn't solved tcas problem with Real live traffic 😟

Is that not a sim problem? I read somewhere it's down to Asobo to sort

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,