Sign in to follow this  
Silicus

Fenix update released!

thanks for the IPAD instructions. I followed the instructions provided and I do have now a Fenix icon on my IPAD homescreen.

Yet, clicking on it, I see the Fenix logo and nothing else - cannot see any other EFB options! My IPAD has  a number of years - it uses IOS 9.3.6 (and is updated). May be this is an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

Edited by ega

Edmundo Azevedo

Completed my first flight in the Fenix this morning. Setting the aircraft up from cold and dark worked smoothly. The EFB is a real treat! Push back tug did some crazy things and couldn’t connect to the plane so I had to start up the engines at the gate. Apart from that everything went as it should (well, I messed up the landing, but that was my fault - I hand‘t calibrated the throttle properly). Performance in VR was okay (similar to PMDG 737 and FBW). And it feels, looks and sounds just great! I can‘t wait for my next flight in this thing. 

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Just now, Shack95 said:

Completed my first flight in the Fenix this morning. Setting the aircraft up from cold and dark worked flawlessly. The EFB is a real treat! Push back tug did some crazy things and couldn’t connect to the plane so I had to start up the engines at the gate. Apart from that everything went as it should (well, I messed up the landing, but that was my fault - I hand‘t calibrated the throttle properly). Performance in VR was okay (similar to PMDG 737 and FBW). And it feels, looks and sounds just great! I can‘t wait for my next flight in this thing. 

Aye, there does seem to be some issue with the pushback, i had the same.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

15 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Nice !,

I am planning to get a i7-12700K & 3080TI in the coming weeks. I'll give my trusty old 1080TI a few more shakedowns first lol

Me too, although I may go for the 3090. Depends how drunk I am on the day.

Stu

• Like 3

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I made yesterday two flights and a320 behaved very well in Scandinavia. 32-36 fps. Today morning I installed the patch and made a leg egkkeddl. From the very beginning everything was a bit stutterish. Fps 25-27. I have Aig running and airtraffic in Central Europe is heavier than in the north. Maybe this could be the reason. Btw with pmdg737 i get 42-46fps ( ryzen 5 3600 and 1660).

Petteri 

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

4 minutes ago, petepawn said:

I made yesterday two flights and a320 behaved very well in Scandinavia. 32-36 fps. Today morning I installed the patch and made a leg egkkeddl. From the very beginning everything was a bit stutterish. Fps 25-27. I have Aig running and airtraffic in Central Europe is heavier than in the north. Maybe this could be the reason. Btw with pmdg737 i get 42-46fps ( ryzen 5 3600 and 1660).

Petteri 

Yeah well in the London area you have like 10x to 50x as many aircraft as in Scandinavia. Of course your FPS are much lower. I doubt that with the 737 you would get 42 fps in EGKK with 100% AIG traffic. For me the 737 went down to 25 FPS in the London area with 100% AIG, and I have better hardware than you do (5600x, 1080ti).
Anyway changing display quality to "performance" will give you enough FPS even in the worst situations, so that's always a handy quick option if necessary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Is this on 4K ?

cheers 😉

Yes sir PM, this is at 4k.

I think one of the reasons I have struggled to adapt to the A320 is that I am used to GA GPS/AP, & the Boeing 'Flight Control Unit' layout.

So when I get in the A320 I am looking for square push buttons, such as  LNAV  & VNAV, V/S.

I will go & read the FSX A320 guide referred to earlier in this thread & hopefully get a better handle on the A320 FCU & MCDU.

There have been sufficient 'great aircraft' posts here to encourage me to persevere.

T45 

Thank you for the clue about aircraft loading!  Love having this on my iPad.  Bravo flaps handle works great once calibrated.  However I still cannot move the trim wheel with the Bravo OR using a mouse.  What am I doing wrong?  There just isn't a click spot at all for the trim.  I DID manage to do this on my first flight but not since.

7 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am bit confused now, does Toolbar pushback work with Fenix?

I was reluctant to try it out due to some reports of it tanking performance. But I decided to go for it and I've absolutely no problems with it. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I was reluctant to try it out due to some reports of it tanking performance. But I decided to go for it and I've absolutely no problems with it. 

No problems here either. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, ega said:

thanks for the IPAD instructions. I followed the instructions provided and I do have now a Fenix icon on my IPAD homescreen.

Yet, clicking on it, I see the Fenix logo and nothing else - cannot see any other EFB options! My IPAD has  a number of years - it uses IOS 9.3.6 (and is updated). May be this is an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

Are you in the Fenix in the sim? Did you enter your IP address correctly?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I will be buying this based on the support the team is providing, and their ability to fix issues without breaking other things. That’s professional development. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro