Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

PBE pulls AC into Terminal

Hi,

Suddenly I have a problem with PBE:

I am parked at a gate in front of the Terminal, call to connect the tug and after a short while, request to "start the pushback" and this is what happens:

The tug starts pushing straight and I am unable to use my rudder pedals to steer the tug (rudder control is selected);

The tug pushes approx 20 meters and suddenly starts to pull the AC into the Terminal.

I simply just updated the FBW A32nx. I uninstalled and re-installed PBE, but problem remains.

Anyone else having problems with PBE?

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi Bryan,

It appears like a FBW problem.

Used PBE on the ASOBO A320neo and it worked fine.

Updated the FBW A320nx just now and used PBE, same results as in my original post.

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi Bryan,

What's Normal? - FBW has a Stable, Development and Experimental Version

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi Bryan,

I tried the "Stable" and "Development" version. Both versions work with PBE, however both versions have limited functionality on the EFB as well as NO external MCDU input.

So I think I'll just use the MSFS provided pushback for the time being until the problem is corrected.

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

5 hours ago, Juergen said:

Hi Bryan,

I tried the "Stable" and "Development" version. Both versions work with PBE, however both versions have limited functionality on the EFB as well as NO external MCDU input.

So I think I'll just use the MSFS provided pushback for the time being until the problem is corrected.

Thanks for help

No worries, pls try again later with Experimental... it changes every day...  maybe they'll fix it soon.

Same Problem with todays "actual" Experimental Version. Maybe a problem with the "new" pushback within the FBW EFB?

43 minutes ago, FGrabi said:

Same Problem with todays "actual" Experimental Version. Maybe a problem with the "new" pushback within the FBW EFB?

Please try with the normal version.   Experimental can change every day.  It's impossible to stay on top of it.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:03 PM, byork said:

Please try with the normal version.   Experimental can change every day.  It's impossible to stay on top of it.

Hi,

ok. I will not use the stable version, because the DEV/EXP Versions have much more functionality. I'm pretty sure that the PBE Problems:

• TUG is start "pulling" you forward after a few meters pushing back
  • NEW: You can't start the pushback, because PBE asks for "seting the parking brake", but the brakes are set

are related to the new flyPad V3.0 (see: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/6528) that is introduced a  while ago in the DEV Version. Yes, this will change daily and it's hard to support this "Continous Depoyment", but I'm sure, that todays DEV will be (hopefully shortly) tommorrows STABLE. So better be prepared for that upcomming "trouble" 😉

So I will stop using PBE until these problems are fixed. 😞

I'll be checking the following

7 hours ago, FGrabi said:

NEW: You can't start the pushback, because PBE asks for "seting the parking brake", but the brakes are set

the other that pulls you to the terminal is with a standard pushback? are you using button or voice control

Manuel

spacer.png

On 6/10/2022 at 7:23 PM, Manuel82 said:

I'll be checking the following

the other that pulls you to the terminal is with a standard pushback? are you using button or voice control

Manuel

Using Voice Control. Switched off the "pushback" within the FBW EFB (Exp Version).

What did you mean with "standard pb"? I use Distance Mode.

Frank

Hi Byork,

checked with the actual DEV Version, worked as expected. So I will use this version as my "default" ´. Thanks!