Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Payware High-end GA Aircrafts

6 hours ago, Jason.A said:

Please someone make a quality Pilatus PC-12

🙏

Coming from Carenado.... reportedly very soon.   Although clearly comes with the negatives attached to Carenado products, but the PC-12 was one of their better planes in FSX, P3D and XP11.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Yes SWS is doing a traditional version (like Carenado), and they've said they intend to do the NG version - how in depth the avionics go I'm not so sure about.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

51 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I would love to see Aerobask jump on board. But, I read it ain't happening. They have some excellent GA for XP.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, pobee10 said:

What's considered the best single (non turboprop) right now - the JF Arrows?   

Yeah I'd say the Turbo Arrow.  There is a Sting S4 coming out - slow though, being a LSA.  Seems to be very A2A-Like

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, pobee10 said:

What's considered the best single (non turboprop) right now - the JF Arrows?   

The RV14 is my favorite.

Bert

The RV14 is nice but I actually prefer this freeware RV7 :-

https://flightsim.to/file/23192/van-s-rv-7

It has the RV7 (taildraggger) and RV7A (tricycle) and glass and steam gauge versions, all for free!  The best piece of MSFS freeware to date IMHO.

Bill

4 minutes ago, JYW said:

The RV14 is nice but I actually prefer this freeware RV7 :-

https://flightsim.to/file/23192/van-s-rv-7

It has the RV7 (taildraggger) and RV7A (tricycle) and glass and steam gauge versions, all for free!  The best piece of MSFS freeware to date IMHO.

I liked that one when he had the G1000 NXi instead of the G3X.  If he ever sticks in the GTN 750 then I'll probably go back to flying that one.  You probably know a lot better than me that the real G3X is super nice.  The sim one, I think, is totally "meh."

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

12 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

believe it tor not, the Carenado Staggerwing.

I believe you!

We all know what Carenado is good at (external model) and where they are less good (flight model) compared to others.

And personally I don't like too much the style and execution of the cockpit (at least for FSX/P3D).

BUT it happens that they offer a plane that no one else does and that we like. In my case the C337.

I have refrained from buying so far* but maybe one day I'm going to crack.

* In the past I purchased planes that I have not been flying more than 30 min.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

I would love to see Aerobask jump on board. But, I read it ain't happening. They have some excellent GA for XP.

Id take Aerobask over anything from Eaglesoft and Carenado, but can only dream for now. Maybe one day they’ll change their minds and jump in MSFS addon production.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

26 minutes ago, Simicro said:

I believe you!

We all know what Carenado is good at (external model) and where they are less good (flight model) compared to others.

And personally I don't like too much the style and execution of the cockpit (at least for FSX/P3D).

BUT it happens that they offer a plane that no one else does and that we like. In my case the C337.

I think Carenado have done a nicer job in MSFS than P3D.  They actually fix bugs (although sometimes due to the nature of the in-sim Marketplace this takes a few weeks) with subsequent product updates.  I also like the Staggerwing.  I will be buying their PC12, in hopes that it supports the TDS GTN Xi.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

13 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I think Carenado have done a nicer job in MSFS than P3D. 

I agree.. and the C337 is well worth having.. 😉

Bert

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I liked that one when he had the G1000 NXi instead of the G3X.  If he ever sticks in the GTN 750 then I'll probably go back to flying that one.  You probably know a lot better than me that the real G3X is super nice.  The sim one, I think, is totally "meh."

Yes agreed.  I sometimes dream at night that Working Title create a G3X to the same standard as their G1000 NXi.  The current G3X feels very 'gamey' and light; it's main weakness being it's poor FPL representation.  Being unable to do a proper DTO just takes me back to stock FSX avionics.   Meh is definitely the word.   I actually prefer Asobo's Aera to their G3X depiction. 

Bill