Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Fenix Navigraph issue

Anyone seen this issue - I use the quick access bar in MSFS to start Navigraph and I get this screen to put in a code - I put it in code and close browser as asked then sim just closes - tried many times - does not work - any help would be appreciated

5-21-2022-9-26-44-PM.jpg

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

This is new subscription version and I did the proper update for Fenix so not sure why sim keeps crashing after I put code in from broswer

Rich Sennett

When you open up navigraph in sim from quick access bar you have to make sure its clicked on to window mode - the middle button on flyout then it works proper if you make it full screen window it will crash sim again even after inserting code

But after getting subscription version its importing simbrief flight plan into fmc now - have to figure that out now

Rich Sennett

Hopefully this can help a little - still an issue every time I use navigraph from quick access bar it asks for a code - silly - anyway I wont use it Ill just use EFB

5-21-2022-10-29-24-PM.jpg

5-21-2022-10-30-42-PM.jpg

Rich Sennett

4 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

Hopefully this can help a little - still an issue every time I use navigraph from quick access bar it asks for a code - silly - anyway I wont use it Ill just use EFB

5-21-2022-10-29-24-PM.jpg

5-21-2022-10-30-42-PM.jpg

Have you tried the method with smartphone or tablet? Simply scan the QR and the smartphone browser opens the navigraph page automatically. Don't forget to scroll down on this page to hit "accept" ....

Not sure if this has anything to do with the Fenix? You are talking about the in-game panel from Navigraph itself. Has nothing to do with the Fenix and as you said yourself already, you can use the Fenix EFB for this.

What does this have to do withe the Fenix? Your pictures show the ingame Navigraph Client. That is completely independent and was there even before you installed the Fenix.

9 hours ago, stratone said:

Have you tried the method with smartphone or tablet? Simply scan the QR and the smartphone browser opens the navigraph page automatically. Don't forget to scroll down on this page to hit "accept" ....

Dont have either 🙂 may look into a tablet for EFB - that would be cool

Rich Sennett

10 hours ago, stratone said:

Can you help me with choosing a usb tablet for the Fenix - my internet is hard wired and dont use wireless - is there a tablet that will work usb for Fenix EFB - thanks 

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Can you help me with choosing a usb tablet for the Fenix - my internet is hard wired and dont use wireless - is there a tablet that will work usb for Fenix EFB - thanks 

No, that won't really be practical. In theory you can get a tablet and use a dongle to plug in a ethernet cable.. but that's not a very clean solution. Do you really want to use a tablet with a dongle and then an ethernet cable hanging out of it?

Are you sure you don't have wifi at home? Your internet is hard-wired, yes, but you don't have a wifi router? What does your phone connect to when you're at home - do you not connect to your home internet.

I see you don't have a smartphone.

Still, the simplest solution would be to get a wifi router if you don't already have one, and then any tablet would work. 

13 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

I see you don't have a smartphone.

Still, the simplest solution would be to get a wifi router if you don't already have one, and then any tablet would work. 

I have wifi antenna on my asus motherboard tried that now having all kinds of issues with internet disconnections

Rich Sennett

10 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I have wifi antenna on my asus motherboard tried that now having all kinds of issues with internet disconnections

Ok, it sounds like you may need to get some help on this, but I'll try and explain it a bit.

You do NOT need to have your computer also on wireless.. It's perfectly ok to have a network cable plugged into your computer.

Wireless does not mean that every device has to be wireless - you can have some devices plugged in with cables (like your computer), while other devices are wireless (like your tablet).

As long as both the wireless device and the wired device are both connecting to the same router (this is the box that your internet cable is plugged into, and you should have one wire from this box coming to your computer), they can talk to each other. The router acts as a bridge between the wireless device and the wired device.

I'm simplifying a lot, and it may be easier for you if you know someone that's a bit more familiar with computer networks (your child? niece/nephew? neighbors teenager?) who can set it up for you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Ok, it sounds like you may need to get some help on this, but I'll try and explain it a bit.

You do NOT need to have your computer also on wireless.. It's perfectly ok to have a network cable plugged into your computer.

Wireless does not mean that every device has to be wireless - you can have some devices plugged in with cables (like your computer), while other devices are wireless (like your tablet).

As long as both the wireless device and the wired device are both connecting to the same router (this is the box that your internet cable is plugged into, and you should have one wire from this box coming to your computer), they can talk to each other. The router acts as a bridge between the wireless device and the wired device.

I'm simplifying a lot, and it may be easier for you if you know someone that's a bit more familiar with computer networks (your child? niece/nephew? neighbors teenager?) who can set it up for you. 

I got wifi working had to get password from xfinity - what tablet would you recommend ? a decent screen size would be good - cost not an issue - I appreciate your help

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I got wifi working had to get password from xfinity - what tablet would you recommend ? a decent screen size would be good - cost not an issue - I appreciate your help

Well if cost is truly not an issue, the best tablet with a big screen would be the iPad Pro, 13-inch. That's WAAYYY overkill if you're just using it for this one task, but it is a lovely tablet and you can use it for many things. 

I use an iPad Pro, 11-inch as that is my primary tablet and this is only one of the many things I do on the tablet. 

There are many cheaper options of course, including the iPad Air, iPad, and then many many Android tablets. However, I would recommend an iPad in any case as they are usually simpler to use if you aren't a tech nerd, and they also have great support (get AppleCare when you buy it). 

BTW, you should keep your desktop computer hard-wired into the router - no point going to WiFi on that. 

• Like 1