Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

FSUIPC required?

Hi everyone,

New user coming from FSX/P3D here.

In FSX/P3D I had a registered FSUIPC that I used mostly for joystick assignments.

Do you recommend to install FSUIPC for MSFS and if so should I buy a license or use the free license (as I recall)?

Thanks.

- TONY -

No, there are meanwhile alternatives, like AAO, Spad.Next, MobiFlight.

However you can just once of these programs at a time... so you have to decide

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

31 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Hi everyone,

New user coming from FSX/P3D here.

In FSX/P3D I had a registered FSUIPC that I used mostly for joystick assignments.

Do you recommend to install FSUIPC for MSFS and if so should I buy a license or use the free license (as I recall)?

Thanks.

No. I simply use the MSFS options for my assignements. No need for FSUIPC (or AAO, Spad.Next, MobiFlight). It depends on your hardware. If you only have a joystick you probably won't need any addons for it.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2

I just use the MSFS Options Menu for my controls. I do own Axis & Ohs but I need it for other purposes than my controls.

Might be the same with FSUIPC. I think some virtual airlines need it to connect to their software (if you are into that). But the free version is usually enough for that.

I would try first without FSUIPC or any of the oher mentioned alternatives. You'll find out soon enough if you need more than the MSFS Options menu. And maybe try witout special drivers for your joystick also. Usually WIndows recognizes the peripherals without extra drivers.

• Like 1

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

Hey Simicro !

I use only MFS, no FSUIPC required, but no fancy hardware controllers here either ...

BTW: How's Airlinetools progressing ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You can get away without buying FSUIPC if you don't have any hardware that you need to bind. I have a GoFlight LGT and had to buy FSUIPC just to get it to work with MSFS. Almost two years after purchase and the lights on my LGT still don't turn On and the Trim wheel does not work with every airplane.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

All, thanks for your kind participation. My question has been answered.

@jcomm I presume you have uninstalled all your other sims 😉  Regarding Airlinetools, either I have a dramatic loss of memory or you confuse me with somebody else 🙂

• Like 1

- TONY -

I had this same question. Let me share my quick experience.

For default planes. the in game settings are quite sufficient.

For the Fenix A320, FSUIPC is not really needed.

For the PMDG 737, FSUIPC is very helpful. Not needed.

If you have LINDA and a VRInsight MCP panel, yes, FSUIPC is needed.

• Like 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Many thanks SKEWR for your return on experience. On FSX/P3D, FSUIPC was useful to me to set different profile (GA aircrafts, airliners, rotary wings...) and also for 2 or 3 additional feature (winds, unlimited battery life...).

For MSFS, I'll start with the game settings first, as you advise guys, then I'll see. Anyway, at this time I'm only flying GA aicrafts. So no need of several profiles.

- TONY -

in the MSGs options, if you want to change the profile for a device from the default bindings. make a copy of the default profile in the options menue and edit the copy. Changes to the default profile are not saved after exiting the sim. Propably logical, but it sometimes leads to questions in the beginning.

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

11 hours ago, guenseli said:

No, there are meanwhile alternatives, like AAO, Spad.Next, MobiFlight.

However you can just once of these programs at a time... so you have to decide

For months I used both Spad.Next and AAO at the same time. They did  not interfere with each other at all. Finally I switched to just AAO.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Depends, if you use P2ATC for example, the the freeware version of FSUIPC is needed. 

For me FSUIPC is compulsory in MSFS.  So many different sensitivities in the different aircraft, the Asobo one are way too sensitive, while the Orbx Optica is like a lead balloon without upping the sensitivity.

But each to their own, only get it if you agree that there is a range of sensitivities in the different aircraft.

Oh, and of course with the quadrant for throttles etc , I can set up the 747 for 4 engine control easy peasy.

Edited by nojwod

Once you figure out the FS2020 controls, it is easy and quite efficient.

So IMHO no add-on is required, and I use about 12 different USB inputs and outputs with FS2020.

But if you are used to a tool from other sims and already own it, then why not use it.

I just like to keep things as simple as possible, even though my home cockpit is pretty extensive.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

I use FSUIPC because of PF3 (which I finally managed to make it work in MSFS) and because I use it for setting different controller profiles according to the plane I fly. I understand that, for the latter, AAO and and Spad.Next are good alternatives, but since there are some Luas I wrote for FS9 that I still use in MSFS (and the discount for having v6), I had a strong reason to stay with FSUIPC.

I don't know if AAO can let you calibrate axes (limits, dead zones and curves).

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.