Sign in to follow this  
bidule

Milviz C310 and TDS GTNXi 750 => No HSI CDI deflection

Hi!

I'm using the Milviz C310 together with the TDS GTNXi 750.

During the GTN 750 startup test there is the half scale HSI CDI deflection (picture 1) but unfortunately in normal operation any HSI CDI deflection is missing (picture 2).

Therefore, the autopilot is not working in NAV mode since there is no CDI deviation to correct for. 

It works with the PMS50 but not with the TDS GTNXi.

Cycling the Navigation Source in the "TDS GTNXi Flight Sim" app does not change anything (picture 3).

NAV 1 / NAV 2 toggling or using the second GTN unit does not change anything.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, bidule said:

During the GTN 750 startup test there is the half scale HSI CDI deflection (picture 1) but unfortunately in normal operation any HSI CDI deflection is missing (picture 2).

I use the C310 with the GTN 750 and it works correctly.  Your screenshots do not show, so it is hard to know what might be different.  Are you flying in GPS or VLOC mode?  Have you set the GTN settings to VOR1?

You can try unzipping this little mod and dropping it into the Community folder.  It cleans up HSI operation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpa45wcz4ih3c8j/tds-gtnxi-Milviz-C310.zip?dl=0

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Do you have the HSI in slew mode...

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Do you mean the "Connect GPS to HSI OBS (auto-slew)" option in the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim program?

I have left it checked on (default).

5 minutes ago, bidule said:

Do you mean the "Connect GPS to HSI OBS (auto-slew)" option in the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim program?

I have left it checked on (default).

That moves the HSI OBS needle, not the CDI.

Have you tried my mod?

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That moves the HSI OBS needle, not the CDI.

Have you tried my mod?

No, what mod is it?

1 minute ago, bidule said:

No, what mod is it?

Read my first reply..

Bert

2 minutes ago, bidule said:

No, what mod is it?

Very timely post, as I ran across this today as well.  Everything was cool until I dialed in a VOR frequency so I could watch it on the DME.  Then the HSI would only track NAV1 and NAV2, even though I had the CDI set to GPS mode. Toggling back to VLOC and GPS again didn't fix it.

Will try your mod, Bert, thanks!

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

After copying your files to the C310 directory (replacing the original files), the C310 does not appear anymore in the MSFS2020 aircraft selection dialog.

Have I missed to anything?

16 minutes ago, bidule said:

No, what mod is it?

The contents in the ZIP file should be copied to your community folder, not to your C310 directory replacing original files.  I just placed it in my Community folder per Bert's instructions and had no trouble starting a flight just now. 

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

2 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

The contents in the ZIP file should be copied to your community folder, not to your C310 directory replacing original files.  I just placed it in my Community folder per Bert's instructions and had no trouble starting a flight just now. 

Yes, sure. I copied the file to the exact location where it replaces the same (original) files.  My Milviz C310 has disappeared... Let me first reinstall the C310 and try again.

4 minutes ago, bidule said:

Yes, sure. I copied the file to the exact location where it replaces the same (original) files.  

Yeah don't do that.  If you are not familiar with your community folder or where it is, this may help:

"That's what" - She

Reinstalled Milviz C310 + successfully tested.

Copied Berts mod to the Community folder (in my case:  C:\Users\***MYNAME***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\milviz-aircraft-310).

Same result, the C310 disappears from the aircraft selection.

Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, bidule said:

Reinstalled Milviz C310 + successfully tested.

Copied Berts mod to the Community folder (in my case:  C:\Users\***MYNAME***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\milviz-aircraft-310).

Same result, the C310 disappears from the aircraft selection.

Any ideas?

Yeah. Don’t drop it in the airplane folder. Do what at least two people including the software author instructed, put it in the Community folder. It’s as simple as that. 
-B

Edited by btacon