Sign in to follow this  
ScotFlieger

Fenix A320 Beta - Issue Reports

A beta module has been released for the newly released Fenix A320 to run under MSFS 2020.

Users should be aware that due to decisions by Fenix not all FCU data is accessible. The result is that functions are provided for all VRInsight MCP Combo 2 buttons and knobs but it has not been possible to display the Speed, Heading, Altitude or Vertical Speed data on the panel. Also it has not been possible to animate the knob push and pull.

Users are requested to report any comments or faults under this thread. Enjoy.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

fenix320 fsuipc lina is the latest version, enter the game, open FSUIPC and Linda one minute after loading the plane. Speed, altitude, heading, V/S are displayed on the FUC. But turning the knob on the plane doesn't respond, what's going on?

3 minutes ago, zhensanmao said:

Speed, altitude, heading, V/S are displayed on the FUC. But turning the knob on the plane doesn't respond, what's going on?

Please read the comments on the Fenix A320 download. Due to limitations of the data by Fenix It is not possible to read or display any values for SPD/HDG/ALT/VS on the VRI MCP.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

4 minutes ago, zhensanmao said:

The heading, altitude, speed, and V/S on the plane are also not available, right?

No. Operation of the MCP knobs and buttons should be reflected in the virtual cockpit. Have you got the correct values assigned. Remember I am unable to test or set up the MCP1. That is up to you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I imported the script for FENIX320, do I also need to reassign various values? Because all the buttons don't work either

4 hours ago, zhensanmao said:

I imported the script for FENIX320, do I also need to reassign various values? Because all the buttons don't work either

It was not possible for me to prepare a default configuration for the MCP1 original for reasons I have explained. You will have to do most of the knob and button assignments yourself. With LINDA we provide the functionality, it is for users to adapt these for their own use.

You can start by examining the default configurations for the MCP2 (Boeing) or MCP2A (Airbus). These are config-MCP2.default and config-MCP2A.default in /FSUIPC7/LINDA-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737/. These will show the functions most appropriate to each button. Those for the MCP2A that best matches the Airbus FCU for obvious reasons.

Alternatively, you can temporarily select the FCU in the Setup VRI page and see what I use. You will need to note what you require and then switch back to MCP1 to do your own assignments.

I hope that helps you.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks for the module, very much appreciated!

The function FNX_OVHD_AICE_ENG1_*() exists twice.
In FNX_OVHD_AICE_WING_on()  Lvar "L:S_OH_PNEUMATIC_ENG1_ANTI_ICE" is used.

I obseved, that packs, bleed, hdy pumps, brake fan, EFIX Buttons (WPT, CSTR, etc.) do not exist in the module.
Will they be added in future?

Best regards,
Christian

Thank you very much for the module. Only way for me to get the HDG, HDG inc & dec, ALT inc & dec, and VS working on My old VRI MS Panel ....

I did succeed to get all the external lights to work correctly, but not the SeatBelts No Smoking and Emergency lights. Like for the anti-ice where I have only ENG1 working, as the default control from MSFS.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong ?

On 5/29/2022 at 6:03 PM, crisu19 said:

I observed, that packs, bleed, hdy pumps, brake fan, EFIX Buttons (WPT, CSTR, etc.) do not exist in the module.
Will they be added in future?

Thank for highlighting the duplicate ENG1 Anti Ice functions. These would of worked regardless.

The PACK, BLEED and HYD functions will be added to the next release.

The EFIS WPT, CSTR buttons already exist in v0.1. FNX_GLSD_EFISL_

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 6/2/2022 at 4:00 PM, laudey1 said:

Thank you very much for the module. Only way for me to get the HDG, HDG inc & dec, ALT inc & dec, and VS working on My old VRI MS Panel ....

I did succeed to get all the external lights to work correctly, but not the SeatBelts No Smoking and Emergency lights. Like for the anti-ice where I have only ENG1 working, as the default control from MSFS.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong ?

First of all make sure you are using the latest FSUIPC7 7.3.6 which will ensure you have the full set of Lvars available.

Secondly, the FCU SPD/HDG/ALT/VS knob functions should operate the cockpit knobs are inc/dec the values within the cockpit. What will not happen is the VRI MCP/FCU displays being updated. This is because Fenix has decided not to expose the Lvars for these display windows. eg use FNX_GLSD_FCU_SPD_inc(), etc

Thridly, all the Signs switches are implemented in v0.1. eg. FNX_OVHD_INTLT_NOSMOKING_cycle()

If this does not help, please email me your config-mcpX.lua file from /linda-cfg/aircrafts/Fenix A320 (where X is your version of VRI panel X="" for original, 2 for Boeing and 2A for Airbus). Email to linda @ awginfosys.net.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I have created a user.lua with several extensions: user.lua

Maybe you can reuse it or put it into the next version.

Best regards,
Christian

13 hours ago, crisu19 said:

I have created a user.lua with several extensions: user.lua

Maybe you can reuse it or put it into the next version.

Best regards,
Christian

Thank you for suggestions. These will appear in the next release - with some name changes for standardization.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I downloaded 0.2. and now the external power key is not working any more, only the on function is working, the off is not working and also the toggle is not working. Any solution? Also i tried the master caution / warning buttons to get it working. On pressing is working, however the button is not going back, it stays on. Is there also a solution?

thanks and kind regards

Philipp

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2