Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

310R VS C-414 Advice Needed!

Hi there: I am asking the community for advice. I want to purchase either the Milviz 310R or the Flightsimware C-414. My experience flying twin engine aircraft in the simulator is minimal, so if some of you who own one or the other of these planes could give me some advice on which would be best both from a learning perspective and an "enjoyment" factor I would sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

I enjoy the C414 a little bit more than the 310.  I am currently trying to make myself fly the 310 more in order to overcome the bias.  The owned modes, full state saving and other things like the passenger comfort level index and failure selections are cool,  But the 414 just has more bodaciousness and oomph. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

14 minutes ago, LTCSZ said:

Hi there: I am asking the community for advice. I want to purchase either the Milviz 310R or the Flightsimware C-414. My experience flying twin engine aircraft in the simulator is minimal, so if some of you who own one or the other of these planes could give me some advice on which would be best both from a learning perspective and an "enjoyment" factor I would sure appreciate it! Thanks!

Best to know what you have flown in the simulators.  Big difference between single-engine props and jet transports/airliners.  So where would you be coming from into twins?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Have flown both back to back. And TO ME , the 414 is much better. Apart from the AP a bit all over the place, i feel it has more character. It flies better, it looks better. I was disapointed with the 310, it feels kind of bland.

• Like 5

@LTCSZ I was debating this with myself just a few days ago... I went for the 414 😁

Question is why... I actually think the 310 has the upper hand by a small margin, when it comes to praise in reviews and possibly also some of the system depth.

I have been flying the Just Flight Arrows extensively the last year, and for me the 414 has a similar feel. I love the old school character and vintage mix of steam gauges and early digital displays. It has this real 70s / 80s character. The handling is great and it is a real joy to cruise in.

Let us know what you decide!

I have both, really like both, if I had to choose one it’d be the 414.

But ever since buying the 737-700 I’m struggling to fly the rest of my fleet (facepalm).

But you can’t land a 738 at Orcas Island. 🙂

They're both very high quality overall and superbly immersive.  It's a very close race!

The above-mentioned issues with the C414's APs (it has two optional models; and both were wonky) really spoiled the fun, but as of the latest version (Beta 2.1) I find the GFC600 AP quite reliable now.  The older Navomatic is still problematic, in my experience.

The issue with the C310 is that Milviz decided to iterate it almost identically to their C310 products for P3D and even going back to FSX.   Same panel, same avionics, same (somewhat predictable) KAP140 autopilot.  I feel they missed a trick here, as, under the skin, the product is vastly superior to their C310s for P3D and FSX.  But with no design changes in the panel and avionics, I can't help feeling a little like I'm flying in FSX when flying the C310; albeit with much better scenery and flight handling characteristics!

Milviz need to get some new gauges and a new AP into the C310 for MSFS, to differentiate it better from their previous C310 offerings.

It's a close on but the C414 wins it for me overall.  Better cockpit texturing, more interesting avionics, stunning sounds, and just a little more ambience overall.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

32 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

But you can’t land a 738 at Orcas Island. 🙂

Are you laying down a challenge?  😁

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

This was asked a little while ago - I gave a response back then - what's changed is that the 414 has a totally new sound pack, and much improved interior texture set.  The 310 still has the upper hand in systems.

I highly recommend the TDS GTN 750Xi with both of them.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/618436-c310-or-chancellor-414/?tab=comments#comment-4765422

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The C310 is a finished product, the C414 is still in beta and is getting weekly updates.. this can be fun or irritating, depends on your point of view..  I agree.. get the TDS GTN 750NXi and, I would say get the C310 and be done with it.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, JYW said:

The issue with the C310 is that Milviz decided to iterate it almost identically to their C310 products for P3D and even going back to FSX.   Same panel, same avionics, same (somewhat predictable) KAP140 autopilot.

In all fairness, they modeled an existing plane, same panel, same avionics.. what should they have done? 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

10 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

In all fairness, they modeled an existing plane, same panel, same avionics.. what should they have done? 😉

I wonder if what some people are seeing is the same old ''flat' looking textures than in P3D/XP etc. From what I have seen in many videos/pictures comparing the 310 with the 414, the 414 just has a real look about it. Slightly worn and slightly dirty. The cockpit glass especially seems to be much more realistic. I have noticed the same difference between the Fenix and PMDG aircraft. The A320 just looks more realistic - smudges, marks and other wear that all aircraft show. Some aircraft in MSFS have windows so transparent you can't tell they are there..it isn't 'real' looking.

This 'step up' in texturing really sets some of these aircraft apart. Otherwise what you are saying is spot on Bert. Same panel, same avionics etc.

• Like 2

It's a difficult choice to be sure. I have both the C414 and the C310. I really enjoy flying both of them. BUT, if I had to choose, it would be the C414. The C310 does have a bit deeper system modeling and the deeper sim options. I think both aircraft have believable flight models (although, I am no real world pilot). What it comes down to for me, is, I think the C414 cockpit just has a better feel to it. It is more immersive. I have to agree with a comment(s) from above that the C310 cockpit does feel a little bland. But, we are nitpicking here. One of the cool features of the C310 is that it can get dirty as you use it. You then have the option of cleaning it or letting it continue to get dirty, That does help with the immersion. It's a hard choice, like I said. Either way, I think you will enjoy which ever one you decide on. 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

3 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

I think the C414 cockpit just has a better feel to it. It is more immersive. I have to agree with a comment(s) from above that the C310 cockpit does feel a little bland. But, we are nitpicking here. One of the cool features of the C310 is that it can get dirty as you use it. You then have the option of cleaning it or letting it continue to get dirty, .

Is it more immersive because it has more realistic textures? Looks like a real aircraft and not 'flat'? I don't think that is nit picking from you, me or anyone else. I think it is really important. If it looks like a real aircraft then you are more immersed into the sim. You could say the same with clouds and other objects too.

I don't have the 310, but like the 'getting dirty as you use it' thing. I am guessing that only applies to the exterior though?