Sign in to follow this  
JYW

FENIX A320 - AAO Key command script available

I cannot tell you how happy I am to find that a script for AAO (Axis and Ohs) for key commands for the Fenix A320 has been released on Flightsim.to!

I have tested the script and it works flawlessly.   Turning heading, alt, speed knobs, pulling and pushing the knobs, Apr mode, etc, etc - it's all there.  There are dozens of additional commands for things like the EFIS, some overhead controls etc.

The file states it is for the streamdeck, but if you just require it for key commands, simply ignore all the downloaded files except the SCRIPT file, which needs to be imported into AAO.

Then, once in the sim, with AAO running, all can be assigned to key commands or hardware buttons.

https://flightsim.to/file/33274/fenix-a320-aao-scripts-streamdeck-xl-profile-teaser

Absolute game changer for those of us who love using key commands for the FCU, especially fiddly ones like turning the heading knob.

Well done @guenseli as this file states that you created the core script.  The genius does it again!

😀

Edited by JYW
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

27 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

The original can be found here:

https://flightsim.to/file/33274/fenix-a320-aao-scripts-streamdeck-xl-profile-teaser

and it seems to get expanded daily.

@guenseli, what would we do without you?  🙂

Thanks - I've updated the link in my original post, to Guenseli's original file in your post. 👍

Bill

I don’t understand how push pull works if you’re using the honey comb bravo. I guess push is nav pull is heading etc?

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I don’t understand how push pull works if you’re using the honey comb bravo. I guess push is nav pull is heading etc?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

23 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

You can set AAO for long presses. So, on my IAS button on the Bravo, a long press goes into managed speed and a short press goes into selected. 

• Like 2

i have a honeycomb bravo that i'd like to eventually set up and configure to use with the Fenix A320. What exactly is Axis And Oh's? Is this some additional software that I need to purchase in order to get everything to work? I really don't want to have to keep adding to my list a bunch of additional software that I need to run before launching the sim. Fenix is already running its own separate apps, fs2crew, lnm, fsrealistic, etc. It's getting too much.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

26 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

You can set AAO for long presses. So, on my IAS button on the Bravo, a long press goes into managed speed and a short press goes into selected. 

Do you know what the feature is called in the menu ?

Ron Hamilton

On 5/22/2022 at 10:40 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

Do you know what the feature is called in the menu ?

When you're on an assignment page for buttons, there are a couple of check boxes half way down on the right for long and short clicks.  You click those, then the two drop down assignment boxes at the top change from "button press" and "button release", to "short click" and "long click".

Edited by JYW

Bill

On 5/22/2022 at 10:30 PM, captain420 said:

What exactly is Axis And Oh's?

AAO:  Lorby Axis and Ohs is a powerful extrenal interface for controls in the sims (I say 'sims' because one purchase gives you 5 different installers for all the main sims).  It covers axis, button and key controls and can work with all of the standard MSFS variables, along with LVARS, HVARS, custom scripts, HTML, etc, etc.

In my opinion, with MSFS's control assignment being completely limited to default commands, it's an absolute must if you're the sort of flyer that isn't satisfied with 100% mouse clicking in the cockpit. It's given me full keyboard commands in the PMDG737, Fenix A320, Flysimware C414 and others - all of which where the developer used custom functions that have no MSFS keyboard/button/axis assignment.

(if you are happy with mouse clicking only, then I would say it's not required or necessary).

It's cheap (get it on Just Flight) and the single man developer is responsive and super helpful with support.

The only odd thing about it, is it's name - I have no idea why it's called "Axis and Ohs"!  The 'Axis' bit yes, but I've no idea what the 'Ohs' refers to.

As for resources, it has a tiny footprint, comparable with FSUIPC that most of us have had running for decades. Once installed for MSFS it automatically loads in the background when MSFS is launched, so doesn't even need a separate launch.

It's comparable to SPAD.Next but a lot cheaper (especially if you use multiple sims) and IMO much more accessible and user friendly. (I also own SPAD but don't use it now).

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

On 5/22/2022 at 11:13 PM, Chapstick said:

Thanks did not know that yet!

• Like 1

I am lazy. Please can someone share their profile for honeycomb bravo. I do not want to buy this spad. in xplane I have something called honeycomb configurator which works with datarefs. P.S. does someone have AT disco working?

Edited by alternatelaw2