Sign in to follow this  
Syd Weedon

Fresh Install of FSX Deluxe on a Windows 11 Machine

I just finished installing FSX on a brand new Windows II box. The activation went fine. The FSX activation server is still operating. I did have problems installing Acceleration. The activation would not complete. Fortunately, I had the disks for Service Pack 1 & 2 which will give you the system stuff you need for FSX. I uninstalled Acceleration and installed the service packs instead. Everything is fine.

• Like 2

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

At some point you should consider the meager outlay for FSX Steam edition for enhancements and if for no other reason than to get continued support for operating systems.  In another six months you should seriously be considering MSFS 2020, if not before.  May depend on your system. assumed since you have not yet migrated.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

At some point you should consider the meager outlay for FSX Steam edition for enhancements and if for no other reason than to get continued support for operating systems.  In another six months you should seriously be considering MSFS 2020, if not before.  May depend on your system. assumed since you have not yet migrated.

Dear Frank,

You are reading my mail. I have created an excellent FSX installation with at least hundreds of dollars of FSX add-ons. I wanted to buy a box that you could go all the way to the right on the sliders with FSX. This new box is an i7-11700 with oodles of RAM,SSD system drive, and a great video card. Controls are Thrustmaster Airbus. I want to get FSX and my add-ons functional on the new box and then I'm going to give some serious consideration to FS2020.

• Like 2

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Congrats Syd for your successful FSX installation if I understand correctly 🙂

It is OK to fly FSX and get return on investment for all addons purchased.

I have several flightsims installed (FSX, P3D, MSFS, Condor, DCS, IL-2) and what matters is... immersion and imagination. And in this regards, IMHO FSX still does the job!

Enjoy your flying mate 😉

• Like 2

- TONY -