Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Fulcrum One Throttle

I agree with radar18alien, the Bravo is not as big as it looks because you can mount the Bravo under your desk. If Chris can give us more buttons/switches, trim wheel, and more, the new throttle would be the best in the market. I'll start saving and purchase that throttle when it's available for preorder, just as I did for the yoke.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

3 hours ago, radar18alien said:

The Bravo is not really HUGE, it was designed to be an approx size as the Alpha yoke.

Looking at the photos you supplied why the need for that large oval-shaped area at the back of the Bravo? It’s needed in the yoke for movement. What is inside that area on the Bravo?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Looking at the photos you supplied why the need for that large oval-shaped area at the back of the Bravo? It’s needed in the yoke for movement. What is inside that area on the Bravo?

Ray, the cases in the pictures look essentially identical to me, so my guess is they just decided to use the same basic case for both the yoke and throttle quadrant to save retooling costs, and/or maybe they like the look of matching cases. Doesn't appeal to me at all, however, seems "clunky". But, of course, "to each their own".

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I certainly wouldn’t want to see the Fulcrum become another Bravo. If I wanted a Bravo I would of bought one already. The box it’s mounted in is total over kill because they made it to be like their yoke. There is hardly anything in the rear section of that box. I’m with Ray it’s too big.

Beside the fact its made of plastic and uses pots and not contactless sensors the other main reason I don’t like the Bravo is they tried to add too much un-necessary stuff. I’m of the general opinion that it’s better to have it designed well for its main intended purpose. That being a TQ. In this case, better not a Jack of all trades but a master of one.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 6/7/2022 at 1:28 AM, Sling said:

I certainly wouldn’t want to see the Fulcrum become another Bravo. If I wanted a Bravo I would of bought one already. The box it’s mounted in is total over kill because they made it to be like their yoke. There is hardly anything in the rear section of that box. I’m with Ray it’s too big.

I suspect this choice may have been made to simplify manufacture.  I just received my Fulcrum Yoke and my old CH Throttle quadrant is looking sad next to it. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

27 minutes ago, buzzbee said:

I suspect this choice may have been made to simplify manufacture.  I just received my Fulcrum Yoke and my old CH Throttle quadrant is looking sad next to it. 

Once you get on the metal the plastic just doesn't cut it.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

No Bravo bashing in here, excellent.

4 days left on the Kickstarter and only another 35 grand to go. I fully expect a late surge and we'll have crossed the line. 👍

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

17 hours to go. There's still time chaps...😲

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Gutted this didn’t reach it’s target. I’m still happy to commit as a pre-order if it helps as I believe in Fulcrum. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Disappointing but hopefully they find another way to bring the product to market, i'd happily commit to a pre-order as well.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, just posted this as an update on the kickstarter page.:

Well, sadly we did not reach the funding goal. However we still intend to launch a throttle as we have had a lot of support from people who want to buy one but are not willing to back a kickstarter. Keep and eye out for updates! Thank you so much to all of you who did have faith in us and pledged, it is hugely appreciated.
Chris

• Like 5

@tutmeister, Chris, I’m sorry the KickStarter program wasn’t as successful as we hoped. It’s such a pity there’s no show at Cosford this year as seeing and playing with it, even with a prototype, would have made a big difference.

When you have one you’d be happy to show the Heald Green meeting will be a great place. Lots of blokes there with money to spend - if their wives let them! 🤣

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 hours ago, Remixreviews said:

I backed the kickstarter and look forward to another way to pre-order

Same here

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png