Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Fulcrum One Throttle

Chris, if I choose to pay for the TQ by credit card, it seems Paypal still gets involved because a final price is displayed based on the Paypal conversion rate to US dollars, which is different (more costly) than the current conversion rate I find online. Is the Paypal conversion rate the only choice?

And when is the credit card charged -- is the process the same as it was when I bought the yoke? As I recall, the credit card was charged when the order was filled.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Chris, I'd like to mount the TQ so it sits on TOP of my desk next to my Fulcrum yoke, instead of having the TQ extend outward from the edge of the desk on the desk mount's hinge mechanism. It would seem one way to conveniently do this would be to mount the the TQ to the desk mount's top plate if there were a couple of holes in that plate that aligned with the mounting screw holes in the bottom of the TQ. What do you think?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ark said:

Chris, I'd like to mount the TQ so it sits on TOP of my desk next to my Fulcrum yoke, instead of having the TQ extend outward from the edge of the desk on the desk mount's hinge mechanism. It would seem one way to conveniently do this would be to mount the the TQ to the desk mount's top plate if there were a couple of holes in that plate that aligned with the mounting screw holes in the bottom of the TQ. What do you think?

Thanks,

Al

I think that is an excellent idea that will cost us very little to implement! Thank you. I will make the changes to the final design before we push go! We are currently waiting on the first production samples to arrive. This will be an easy change to them. The down side is part of the clamp will stick out underneath the throttle but I think it will work and it is basically a free option!

Regarding credit card, it is charged at the time of order. We are using PayPal as our card service provider because, certainly for us, they are charged a lower percentage fee for processing the card transaction than other card providers we have been offered. However, I think they are similar to most card service providers in terms of the exchange rate. They are all more than the general banking exchange rate.

You can also do direct bank transfer in which case you would be paying the bank exchange rate.

Chris

Edited by tutmeister
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

I think that is an excellent idea that will cost us very little to implement! Thank you. I will make the changes to the final design before we push go! We are currently waiting on the first production samples to arrive. This will be an easy change to them. The down side is part of the clamp will stick out underneath the throttle but I think it will work and it is basically a free option!

Great, thanks very much Chris!  So essentially this "on desk top" mount option for the TQ will be similar to how the yoke mounts to its desk clamp. BTW, may also need some holes in the desk mounts bottom plate for screw driver access.

It did occur to me the hinge flanges on the TQ mount will stick out with this "on desk top" mount option, but as long as all the rocker switches are still easily accessible that will hopefully work. And the hinge flanges look rounded on the ends so should not be a hazard to one's hand. And of course one could always stick some foam rubber over them if deemed necessary.   🙂

Al

Edited by ark

Chris, if the TQ was mounted on the desk TOP as discussed above, I wonder if the now available hinge points could be used to install a plate of some kind suitable for a mouse pad, or would that make it difficult to access  the rocker switches?

Thx,

Al 

Edited by ark

7 minutes ago, ark said:

Chris, if the TQ was mounted on the desk TOP as discussed above, I wonder if the now available hinge points could be used to install a plate of some kind suitable for a mouse pad, or would that make it difficult to access  the rocker switches?

Thx,

Al 

You could have a mouse shelf mounted there, but it might get awkward, see this quick render.

Fulcrum_throttle_quadrant_2023-Jan-25_03

Chris

37 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

You could have a mouse shelf mounted there, but it might get awkward, see this quick render.

Thanks for the render, helps me see what you mean. Maybe better to screw a mouse shelf to the bottom plate of the desk mount. I'm just brainstorming how I might set up things here.

Al

Edited by ark

The problem with mounting the quadrant flat on a desk is the awkward angle of the throttles. That’s the problem with the Logitech ones.

Having them at a 30° angle at idle replicates actual throttle quadrants in Boeing / Airbus. It’s what makes it so attractive to me.

The other point is with four engine aircraft like the 747 or Concorde. Keeping them aligned is tricky especially with a Concorde takeoff when all four were slammed forward for a full power departure. None of that poncy reduced thrust cobblers. 😎

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The problem with mounting the quadrant flat on a desk is the awkward angle of the throttles. That’s the problem with the Logitech ones.

It depends on the individual I guess. I use the Saitek TQ now and having it on my desk next to the yoke works best for me. I have a small table next to me (on my right side), and in front of the TQ,  that I use for my mouse. It would not be convenient if I had to reach over the TQ to use the mouse on the desk. I also don't fly 4 engine aircraft, in fact I don't fly anything bigger than a business jet, so maybe that also makes a difference.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

. None of that poncy reduced thrust cobblers. 😎

Spoken like a true Englishman.

• Like 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The problem with mounting the quadrant flat on a desk is the awkward angle of the throttles.

I agree Ray, they feel so much better when angled, but this is a no cost option for people who want them mounted on top of the desk.

If there is enough demand then we could make a desk top or flat surface mount that still angles.

By the way, you can easily grab all 4 and give a solid push all the way open. It is strangely satisfying!

Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tutmeister said:

By the way, you can easily grab all 4 and give a solid push all the way open. It is strangely satisfying!

Look forward to trying it if you’re able to attend next month’s meeting. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, tutmeister said:

If there is enough demand then we could make a desk top or flat surface mount that still angles.

Ah, Chris, good idea!

If the hinge mechanism was not actually a "built in" part of the desk mount, but rather was a separate bracket that could be attached by the user to either the front side of the mount (where it is now) or attached to the top plate of the mount, that would be a very flexible system which could accommodate all. Just more brainstorming. 🙂

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

I hate those 'Is it here yet?' posts but, er..Is it here yet? Website says Delivery starts February. Is that still a runner?

I'll now hide behind the sofa.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Wrong thread

Edited by Snowy55
Wrong thread

i7-11700k, ASUS TUF RTX 4080, Varjo Aero, Virpil/TM/HC/VKB and Fulcrum Yoke.