Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Qualitywings 787, where are you?

It's been a long time since I've seen any updates regarding this plane. Now that both PMDG and Fenix have released their's. I'm not sure if the project is still in development.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I thought they cancelled it. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Nowhere to be seen.

23 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

They didn’t, at least not officially. 

• Like 2

Last update was a post in a thread back in March - If anyone missed it they said the following:

We're still here, we are still in active development, but we are not ready to make any announcements yet.

We are very interested in producing a product for MSFS.  But since our  Q2 2021 estimate for the 787 for MSFS was way off.  We've decided that for now being quiet is better than giving wildly inaccurate delivery estimates.

We hope to be able to announce our development status and plans, but we are not yet ready to do that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

34 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

AFAIK no other developer has plans for 787 for MSFS. So why would QW cancel their 787?

• Like 2

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

AFAIK no other developer has plans for 787 for MSFS. So why would QW cancel their 787?

Because they don't have the funds to develop it? Because their devs have left? Becasue they don't think it will gain enough money because of the default/modded 787 already available? I don't know, there are many reasons to cancel a project.
Qualitywings had an awful support for their 787 in P3D, the VC is basically pitch black since 2020, because they didn't upgrade the textures for P3Dv5 and EA.

This is usually an indication of a developer that either a) has serious financial problems and cannot even finance a minimum support of their product or b) a developer that only cares about money upfront and will abandon past projects, which isn't exactly a good sign either of their committment to any aircraft for MSFS.

I really fancy the 787 so I'd take anyone doing a decent 787 with depth, but I'm not sure I'll trust Qualitywings anymore for that.

Sure there can be many reasons for cancelling but in this case I don't think it's because another dev has planned a 787 (which was my point).

• Like 1

- TONY -

18 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Qualitywings had an awful support for their 787 in P3D, the VC is basically pitch black since 2020, because they didn't upgrade the textures for P3Dv5 and EA.

To be fair, there are tons of aircraft that have cockpits that are way too dark, even many default aircraft have textures in the cockpits that are way too dark. It also seems this is work in progress in P3D, since the dark cockpits got even darker in P3D v5, so I'm not sure I'd blame the aircraft devs for not repeatedly reworking the cockpit for all their products. For all you know you might have to redo the cockpit again with the next point release. I'm not LM, but I don't understand why they can't keep a development version of the cockpit shaders (or whatever it is) internally and release that when it's finished.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Last update was a post in a thread back in March - If anyone missed it they said the following:

The fact that in March they said they are interested in a MSFS product means they're far far away from releasing anything....  years I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I understand they are keeping their heads down to focus on development and don't want to give false estimates, but I find it strange when developers let it get to the point at which people are wondering if the project even still exists or others even forgot about it (me). Same with FlyTampa. I'd certainly keep the interest in my product going within reasonable limits.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I am also thinking as Fiorentoni, that some unexpected things happened in QW so the project has significant delay. It's interesting because as I recall QW was one of the first developers who previewed 787 in MSFS. 

Please see the post on Facebook, from 25 October 2020 (nearly 2 years!)

Dear all,
here we are well into the last quarter of a year that felt like 3 full years already. 
With all the challenges that life has presented us in all kinds of different ways this year, we do hope that all of you are doing well and staying safe.
The year 2020 is a totally different one when looking at it from a Flight Simulation perspective.
Asobo and Microsoft have delivered a truly remarkable piece of software and we’re thrilled to see the Flight Simulator franchise return.
While we have been actively testing the pre-release versions of the new sim since early 2020, it has really only been with the last few iterations of the SDK that things have started to take shape.
As with everything new it took us a while to become familiar with the sim, the tools, the processes, the limitations and the new possibilities.
We wanted to take that time before making an announcement of any kind because of the many unknowns we’ve been confronted with.
Anyways, a couple of months have passed and we’re happy to show an initial glimpse of our work-in-progress of the Ultimate 787 for MSFS.
Due to the amount of things that need to be completely reworked as well as several dependencies on the SDK, we currently estimate a release in Q2 2021.
Although we are in development for MSFS, we are still working on improvements and fixes for the current P3D/FSX versions of the 787.
Anyways, enjoy the screenshots and stay safe,
your QualityWings team

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

The fact that in March they said they are interested in a MSFS product means they're far far away from releasing anything....  years I'd say.

Well, if they had given an estimate to release in Q2 2021, that means they were working and not just planning.

I think given the state the SDK was in, that estimate was too bold and also raises some questions, as if QW were planning on doing just a mere P3D conversion and they were confident they would do it in a short time.

I don't mind them taking longer to work on something better than just a conversion. I may not like the strategy of being silent to the point that every month I have to ask if they are still alive, but I can understand that after this ambitious estimate.

5 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

I am also thinking as Fiorentoni, that some unexpected things happened in QW so the project has significant delay. It's interesting because as I recall QW was one of the first developers who previewed 787 in MSFS. 

Please see the post on Facebook, from 25 October 2020 (nearly 2 years!)

Oh totally forgot about that post...  so clearly they were somewhat far along.  They must have hit a huge roadblock then,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

32 minutes ago, threegreen said:

To be fair, there are tons of aircraft that have cockpits that are way too dark, even many default aircraft have textures in the cockpits that are way too dark. It also seems this is work in progress in P3D, since the dark cockpits got even darker in P3D v5, so I'm not sure I'd blame the aircraft devs for not repeatedly reworking the cockpit for all their products. For all you know you might have to redo the cockpit again with the next point release. I'm not LM, but I don't understand why they can't keep a development version of the cockpit shaders (or whatever it is) internally and release that when it's finished.

I'm not talking about "too dark" like the FSL or the 737, I'm talking about pitch black. Textures are not visible anymore at all, it's that black. This has been going on for two years. Now imagine how Qualitywings would fare with those monthly updates in MSFS... you understand what I mean?