Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Fenix A320 AP Issue

Anyone solved the issue with the AP? It keeps disconnecting at my end. I have setup the deadzones of my joystick, but that didn't work. Meanwhile I just disconnected my joystick from the pc after takeoff, however, the AP continues disconnecting, therefore I don't believe it has to do something with the joystick.

Is there another solution for this?

5 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Anyone solved the issue with the AP? It keeps disconnecting at my end. I have setup the deadzones of my joystick, but that didn't work. Meanwhile I just disconnected my joystick from the pc after takeoff, however, the AP continues disconnecting, therefore I don't believe it has to do something with the joystick.

Check all your control settings for other bindings like aileron, elevator, rudder or trim settings. Also check if you have some 2 way switch used for some AP command (eg. for "AP off"). Actually to really check this you should switch all controls to the default profile for a moment and see if that changes anything.
Does it disconnect immediately when you switch AP1 on with the mouse? or sometime later?

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Check all your control settings for other bindings like aileron, elevator, rudder or trim settings. Also check if you have some 2 way switch used for some AP command (eg. for "AP off"). Actually to really check this you should switch all controls to the default profile for a moment and see if that changes anything.
Does it disconnect immediately when you switch AP1 on with the mouse? or sometime later?

No, the AP disconnects after a while and I cannot active the AP right away. I first need to move my joystick a bit and after that AP lets activate itself.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

No, the AP disconnects after a while and I cannot active the AP right away. I first need to move my joystick a bit and after that AP lets activate itself.

That sounds really weird. It's either a control conflict or a corrupt installation of the Fenix. You probably should open a support ticket, if it doesn't work with default control profiles in MSFS either.

13 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That sounds really weird. It's either a control conflict or a corrupt installation of the Fenix. You probably should open a support ticket, if it doesn't work with default control profiles in MSFS either.

Am right now flighing will check it tomorrow or reinstall.

I wish Fenix would add the option to disable controllers when autopilot is enganged, and also added the ability to assign switches on controllers to disconnect auto pilot/auto throttle. Maybe something to consider for an update.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, 737_800 said:

Do you still have AP disconnection issues with Fenix A320? Mine disconnected twice within 5 minutes before intercepting LOC at ORD 27C. Didn't touch a thing. It won't reconnect immediately either. My joystick is calibrated just fine and I don't believe it has anything to do with it either. Very aggravating considering it hasn't done this for 5 flights, and now all of a sudden it's disconnecting again and I didn't change anything.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:53 AM, NightOfDreams said:

Do you still have AP disconnection issues with Fenix A320? Mine disconnected twice within 5 minutes before intercepting LOC at ORD 27C. Didn't touch a thing. It won't reconnect immediately either. My joystick is calibrated just fine and I don't believe it has anything to do with it either. Very aggravating considering it hasn't done this for 5 flights, and now all of a sudden it's disconnecting again and I didn't change anything.

No, I don't. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I have had fixed this issues. If I remember I will come back to you.