Sign in to follow this  
BlueDiamond

default 747

can someone explain to me how to set the course in the default 747? i cannot find a control for this in either the 2d or the 3d panel.steve chavin

Guest JSPuonti

If it helps any, I can tell you that the default 747 is a seriously messed-up plane. The 2D and 3D panels do not match for one (just compare the autopilots) and it's a mess to operate.For example, let's say you want to engage ALTITUDE hold? No worries, you can do that - just click the HEADING HOLD button. What? Doesn't make sense? I can't figure it out either, but the HLD button below HEADING is actually altitude hold. The HOLD button beneath the ALTITUDE selector does nothing.So what about holding a heading? That can be done, no problem. The button is clearly marked HDG in the VC and clicking it will hold the heading.... despite the fact that the button is visually linked to the IAS / MACH selector. Same with NAV hold.Okay, so you're all set up - altitude hold is set and armed, same with the heading. You're ready to engage the autopilot. Good luck with that - the CMD button in the VC AP is not actually a clickable button. The only way to turn the autopilot on and off by clicking a button in the panel seems to be to go back to 2D panel.

thanks for the helpful replies. in addition to the submitted comments, i recalled that you can use the keyboard command "Z" to engage and disengage the autopilot.steve chavin

Guest JSPuonti

That's correct, if you want to, you can use Z. That's no excuse for the QA department, though ;)