Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Wishful Thinking for More Business Jets

39 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

With the decline and death of Eaglesoft the biz jet market pretty much went down with them. 

Are they officially dead? 

Not produced anything of worth since the Citation X v2 though (taking that as something I have purchased kept)

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

18 minutes ago, Dillon said:

To be fair Eaglesoft never released a fully long range option and the technology of their models was beginning to show their age.  Carenado is another option that has really good models but again no long range Business Jet options.

Well, they released the Citation X ,which has a range of about 3,400 miles.

8 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Are they officially dead? 

Not produced anything of worth since the Citation X v2 though (taking that as something I have purchased kept)

Dead as a doorknob, their last release, I believe, was the CitationXLS for the 32bit version of P3D

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Upvote 1

@ryanbatc The Falcon 8X what a bird! I have followed the development of the Aerobask 8X for XPlane for more than 2 years. It will not be released till XPlane 12, so that is like @vcarlo movie theme! I just can’t see myself going to XPlane anymore with all this new stuff for MSFS.

@regis9 Exactly! It was the new Global 8000 video ad that prompted me to start this thread. It will have a distance of 8000nm and cruise just under the speed of sound (Mach .94). If only a developer could step up for that!

@vcarlo What imagination! I once did some aircraft modeling for ESDG! Unfortunately your movie pipe dream is 100% accurate. Unfortunately, your movie title would have to be one more step beyond the ashes!

@Ricardo41 You just made my morning! Hilarious! Yes, we are stuck with the CJ4 and Longitude that require mods and frankly just don’t cut it for me. Maybe some of us are too particular, because we know what a complete flight sim product can be! Eaglesoft was once a top tier force that could have made the jump to this sim, but the reigns were too tight at the top level not willing to expand and go with the future.

@Dillon Very true that certain companies are tight lipped about releasing specs to sim platform developers. I explored this in depth some time ago. Then we have the opposite end like Dassault that opened the doors to Aerobask with a full licensing agreement and complete access to whatever they require for the 8X.

@Gazzareth Last time I checked their website, it looked pretty much done! Definitely rising from the ashes!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

16 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Dead as a doorknob, their last release, I believe, was the CitationXLS for the 32bit version of P3D

Which for me was DOA only managed to complete one flight without a CTD. Not sure it was ever fixed.

Current WT CJ4 also has systems on par with the XLS, refresh should destroy it...

G

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

To be fair Eaglesoft never released a fully long range option and the technology of their models was beginning to show their age.  Carenado is another option that has really good models but again no long range Business Jet options.

Was Carenado an option? spent far too much on their rubbish for it to gather dust in my virtual hangar...

G

I put more miles on the Flight 1 citation Mustang than any other ac in P3D and would love to see it brought back for this sim!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

I would even settle for this in the sim without a spanky livery!

Billed as the first business jet to go supersonic with SAF (sustainable aviation fuel).

Go to about 8:30 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0TB86nXI68

• Like 1

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

I think the HJet is our best shot for a new corporate jet in the near future.  Provided the avionics package is upgraded and tweaked by the WT team it could be a real winner.  

No way around it being a "small" jet with short range (1437 nm), but, otherwise FL430 and 422 kts is nothing to sneeze at.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

If you want to take your top model girlfriend for a shopping trip from, say, Paris to Dubai, you're stuck with the Longitude. I did a flight from Berlin, Germany, to Dubai in just under 6 hours. 

With the Dakfly mod the Longitude is a nice plane to fly, but the avionics aren't there yet, it has no interior cabin modeled, no animations, etc. That just doesn't cut it anymore in 2022.

13 minutes ago, raymar said:

I think the HJet is our best shot for a new corporate jet in the near future.  Provided the avionics package is upgraded and tweaked by the WT team it could be a real winner.  

No way around it being a "small" jet with short range (1437 nm), but, otherwise FL430 and 422 kts is nothing to sneeze at.

Regards,

Ray

Don't think you are wrong, after that perhaps the G3000 refresh will make the Longitude worth flying.

G

30 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Don't think you are wrong, after that perhaps the G3000 refresh will make the Longitude worth flying.

G

I always liked the Longitude; at times it seems people preferred the CJ4 instead of it which I never understood. 😳  Outside of the BBJ it's the longest range private jet we've ever had in any version of Flight Simulator.  I whish Asobo did more with it (working HUD, Cabin, etc).  Not sure why this has been a step child in so many aspects if FS2020.  In it's current incarnation with the Darkfly Mod it's not a bad aircraft and one of my main goto's until the AI issue is fixed in the sim making airliner flying not so much of an eye sore when flying in/out of major world airports. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

@raymar Will keep my fingers crossed for the HJet. Be thankful for what is emerging, I guess. My initial impression is that the modelling and textures are as good as they can get, but concerned about the avionics detail/function in view of the price. We will soon find out!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I always liked the Longitude; at times it seems people preferred the CJ4 instead of it which I never understood. 😳  Outside of the BBJ it's the longest range private jet we've ever had in any version of Flight Simulator.  I whish Asobo did more with it (working HUD, Cabin, etc).  Not sure why this has been a step child in so many aspects if FS2020.  In it's current incarnation with the Darkfly Mod it's not a bad aircraft and one of my main goto's until the AI issue is fixed in the sim making airliner flying not so much of an eye sore when flying in/out of major world airports. 

It's one I so wanted to like, far more than the CJ4. Unfortunately, with the current state of the G3000/5000 I find the CJ4 a much better proposition.

Range isn't a major issue for me, most of my flights are less than 1000nm anyway...

G

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

I like the Longitude but I think people prefer the CJ because, at least from a navigational standpoint, the CJ is far superior to the broken G3000.  When WT does their refresh for the G3000 I think I'll lean towards the C700 - mostly because its faster.  The CJ4 does go in and out of tiny airfields though which makes it still very enjoyable to me.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |