Sign in to follow this  
JYW

@Simbol - Any further news on MP approval of the Sting S4?

I think he have coded into that plane that once the chute will be dropped, you have to buy the addon again ... like in RL

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like many others, I will be buying the Sting as soon as I spot it on the Market Place.

After that, I'll be starting my mission to find out what it will take to convince @simbol to develop and release a Diamond DA50RG model. 

• Like 1

It's Thursday, 1430z and it's not arrived at Marketplace yet 😭 ....but as MS is West Coast US perhaps there's still hope that it'll still come, later today 😎

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

24 minutes ago, JYW said:

It's Thursday, 1430z and it's not arrived at Marketplace yet 😭 ....but as MS is West Coast US perhaps there's still hope that it'll still come, later today 😎

The person that was talking to me on MP team is still sleeping :wink:

R.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

The person that was talking to me on MP team is still sleeping :wink:

R.

Go on, ping him a Whatsapp "Wakey wakey!" and let's hope his ringer's turned on 😁

Only joking, I appreciate it's probably still out of hours over there. 

Bill

8 minutes ago, JYW said:

Go on, ping him a Whatsapp "Wakey wakey!" and let's hope his ringer's turned on 😁

Only joking, I appreciate it's probably still out of hours over there. 

Can you check again? one beta tester is seeing it on the new section.. I am at my daily Job.. so can;t confirm..

S.

I have noticed it's  usually late evening/night before MS updates on a Thursday in the UK.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

I have noticed it's  usually late evening/night before MS updates on a Thursday in the UK.

We saw it live for few seconds.. must have been a quick test.. so back to wait..

R.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Can you check again? one beta tester is seeing it on the new section.. I am at my daily Job.. so can;t confirm..

S.

Just this second checked (16:45 UK) and not there.    But sounds very imminent!

• Upvote 1

Bill

I hope that the Marketplace has a recovery parachute on standby if the internet engine fails when this thing is released :wink:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 5/25/2022 at 5:00 AM, simbol said:

For the guys that were asking why MP only, I explained one of the many reasons here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/619044-sting-s4-round-the-world-parachute-deployments/page/2/

DRM handling is massive, to this day I am still clearing licensing keys for AI Lights Reborn Professional (P3D) when people change computers, etc. and I am not even selling more than 3 copies per month.. every-time someone activates AILRP for the first time I get charged $2 usd for DRM handling.. not to mention the difficulties and time it takes to code DRM protection, installers, etc.

Now some people argue DRM development is pointless, well folks that might be the case when you can sell million of copies of a product.. so for UBISOFT, Activision and such large firms piracy is a problem but not an issue, however for small companies such as my family business + operating on a niche market such as Flight Simulation, piracy it is a big problem.. I know 3rd party devs on this business where their products pretty much stops selling as soon as it gets pirated, and this can occur as fast as 24 to 72 hours after release! at which point and I quote, "they sold 4 copies in the last 3 months, after having around 70 copies daily".

Huh, that's an interesting perspective about the MP and how it has inherent DRM that I had never really considered!

We know the downsides to the MP (such as the lag time for updates because of the approval process), but I'd never thought of the upsides beyond broader exposure.

I wish you luck with this release.  It sounds great!

I'm also stuck at work haha, but I will buy this as soon as I see it available. If nothing more to support you Simbol. It looks like a blast to fly. I can't wait.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

7 hours ago, guenseli said:

I think he have coded into that plane that once the chute will be dropped, you have to buy the addon again ... like in RL

A diabolical scheme like that would drive Trevor Jacob right into bankruptcy!!! 😁

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

MAY 26TH, 2022 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

MARKETPLACE UPDATE

"Our weekly Marketplace update will be released tomorrow. We will update this section once available."

meaning friday 27th.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.