Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

How to get runway condition?

Hello,

does anyone know how I'm able to determine the runway condition at my destination before landing?

thx

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

Hello,

does anyone know how I'm able to determine the runway condition at my destination before landing?

thx

Hi mate, this >>>> "UK ATC Phraseology Mod", gives runway condition via ATIS

Link:- https://flightsim.to/file/4518/european-atc-phraseology-mod

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

thy for the hint, but

"I have include the new GRF Runway Condition Report (RCR) Runway Condition Code (RWYCC) and type / depth
     and extend of contaminants in the ATIS, this is a "dummy" as MSFS does not currently have options for
     reporting runway conditions, it will always report code 6, 100% dry runway."

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I use the mod, and besides this I think it’s excellent. But after a while it gets tedious having to listen to the rather long segment of the start of each ATIS which has information that is basically useless. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Look at recent METARs and take a guess, about best you can do unless you can listen to the real life ATIS where you'll typically get runway conditions reported in thirds, such as "WET WET WET"

DAMP The surface shows a change of colour due to moisture. NOTE: If there is sufficient moisture to produce a surface film or the surface appears reflective, the runway will be reported as WET.

WET The surface is soaked but no significant patches of standing water are visible. NOTE: Standing water is considered to exist when water on the runway surface is deeper than 3mm. Patches of standing water covering more than 25% of the assessed area will be reported as WATER PATCHES.

WATER PATCHES Significant patches of standing water are visible. NOTE: Water patches will be reported when more than 25% of the assessed area is covered by water more than 3mm deep.

FLOODED Extensive patches of standing water are visible. NOTE: Flooded will be reported when more than 50% of the assessed area is covered by water more than 3mm deep.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg