Sign in to follow this  
jstnj

Feature request: Arrival gate selection

Hey Dave! P2A keeps getting better and better, I thought I would put a request in for a feature down the road:

Gate selection. Using the data MSFS already stores (and also MakeRunways etc has), ATC (or the user) should be able to reference/choose an arrival gate for IFR flights. This would allow additional planning for landing and taxiing since your departure taxiway and direction often inform what you do immediately after touchdown on the runway. Anyway, just a thought. Thanks!

You already can, click info> Runway/Gates and select your stand when you land, or during your descent.

Cheers, Andy.

1 hour ago, Andydigital said:

You already can, click info> Runway/Gates and select your stand when you land, or during your descent.

Awesome, thank you sir.

Hate to bump this but, I must be doing something wrong?

1. Load IFR plan
  2. Validate it
  3. File it
  4. Fly it
  5. While mid-flight, click arrival airport in the FPLN list and then click "Info"
  6. Go to "..Gates" tab in the "Info" window, select a gate (e.g. Gate C10
  7. After landing & vacating runway, request taxi to terminal

^ After this, I still get the "default" gate, not the gate i selected in step 6

Any help is appreciated!

11 hours ago, bjwoody61 said:

Just request taxi to gate C10. That works

Not really the goal of this post. I shouldn't have to request the gate if it is properly selected beforehand..as per real life (unless the gate changes). What im asking is how to select the gate via the info window properly, not how to request a gate from ground which i already know how to do. Appreciate it though.

Edited by jstnj

Try waiting until after the Arrival information ( "....Expect the ILS approach.....").  Then select the gate from the Info window.

Setting up the Arrival information, depending on your settings, could make a difference.

Dave

28 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Try waiting until after the Arrival information ( "....Expect the ILS approach.....").  Then select the gate from the Info window.

Setting up the Arrival information, depending on your settings, could make a difference.

Dave

Nice...will test this. Thanks as always Dave!

I tested this two more times today and it did not work for me. For example, flew a route KSFO--->TIMBR2-->KPDX/10R and when ATC cleared me for descent, i did my normal prep and also used the info panel to select a gate. Once again, I received the closest gate rather than the gate I selected in the info panel dropdown.

Please email the log file for that flight to admin@p2atc.com and I'll have a look.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Dave

12 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Please email the log file for that flight to admin@p2atc.com and I'll have a look.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 

Dave

Done, thanks! I will recreate again when I fly next and supply more data if needed.

For what it's worth, I tried this today for the first time too (also didn't know about this functionality), and it didn't work for me either, P2A gave me a different gate than the one I selected...

I did some tests and it seems to work correctly.

However, if you are flying as, for example, Alaska AIrlines, then the selected gate must have Alaska Airlines assigned to it, or have no airlines assigned to it.  Airline assignments are done in TaxiMnt on the Gates Tab.

After setting the gates up in TaxiMnt, a restart is required in order to get the new data into P2A.

Dave

Did some more testing and it appears the Gate request is not holding when there is no airline assigned to the gate and the selection is made before landing.

As a work-around, you should be able to select the gate after landing, if it is unassigned or assigned to your airline, and you will get it when requesting "...taxi to the Gate".

I'll work on the bug for the nest beta.

Dave

• Like 3