Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

What payware jet is easiest to learn?

8 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

They can all be learned in a matter of hours by just watching Youtube videos.

The training budget for the worlds airlines could be drastically cut if they only knew this!

😜

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Does anyone know of a good .PDF or printable web-based tutorial for the Fenix A320?  I find learning from printed material a whole lot easier than watching videos.

• Upvote 2

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Is the FSLabs A320 a NEO or CEO?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 hours ago, JDWalley said:

Does anyone know of a good .PDF or printable web-based tutorial for the Fenix A320?  I find learning from printed material a whole lot easier than watching videos.

the FSLabs tutorial is what I’m going to try…

16 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Have you considered the WT CJ4?

Good suggestion. The plus side to this aircraft is that you can learn how to fly jet aircraft in an aircraft that is actually desgined to be flown single pilot, as opposed to 737 and A320 where you kind of always overstretch yourself a little with your workflows. Especially if you factor in the failures where you simply lack a second person to perform the failure checks while you continue to fly the aircraft.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The training budget for the worlds airlines could be drastically cut if they only knew this!

😜

How to basically operae a jetliner and fly it from A to B does not take long.

What takes long is training abnormal procedures into muscle memory so that you know your flows in your sleep and don't panic when something goes seriously wrong.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JDWalley said:

This might help?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 hours ago, briansommers said:

Is there anything like the above for Boeing 737-700?

If the MSFS version is anything like the P3D package, the two PMDG tutorials provided for the 737 are excellent for guiding you through the process step by step.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would say A320 (highest level of automation), closely followed by the 737, followed by CRJ - systems wise pretty straightforward but the lack of auto throttle makes it the biggest handful to actually fly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Why are people saying the CRJ is broken?  I haven't noticed anything strange. Seems to fly just fine, captures the ILS, FMC works.  It has some quirks like the real jet, but broken?  Stay away from Aerosoft?  Sounds like hyperbole to me.

To answer the question. FBW A320 NX, free and fantastic, I'm in no rush to buy the Fenix.

Edited by aniiran
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aniiran said:

o answer the question. FBW A320 NX, free and fantastic,

Which is an answer to a totally different question.  You should look at the threadtitle again.

Just now, Farlis said:

Which is an answer to a totally different question.  You should look at the threadtitle again.

You're right, but so is the CJ4 which was recommended above.

Still I think both the CJ4 and the FBW A320 can be great for testing the water to see whether or not you enjoy flying certain types of passenger jets, and whether or not you feel comfortable about the Airbus philosophy of jet flying.

Anyway, the basic operation can be learned within a few hours for all these planes. You won't know the in and outs, but it's enough to enjoy flying and keep extending your knowledge along the way. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Although i like the Airbus type more than Boeings i'd say the 737 is easier to learn. The Airbus behaviour has quite a lot to it.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11