Sign in to follow this  
Hitchhiker79

Fenix A320: Veers right when taxiing after landing

Since the first update of the Fenix A320, I have noticed that the aircraft wants to veer right after landing. This doesn't happen at touchdown, but once I start taxiing. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't seem to be a controller issue. I have NWS assigned to the twist axis on my joystick and don't use the rudders with the pedal disconnect function to steer the nosewheel.

Edited by Hitchhiker79

24 minutes ago, Hitchhiker79 said:

Since the first update of the Fenix A320, I have noticed that the aircraft wants to veer right after landing. This doesn't happen at touchdown, but once I start taxiing. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't seem to be a controller issue. I have NWS assigned to the twist axis on my joystick and don't use the rudders with the pedal disconnect function to steer the nosewheel.

Do you use rudder pedals? If so, make sure that you only use tiller steering on the ground.

2 minutes ago, Hitchhiker79 said:

Yes it's set up correctly and I only use the tiller on the ground. The problem started after upgrading to v1.0.1.95.

OK. Have you tried to increase the deadzone?

3 hours ago, Hitchhiker79 said:

Watching with interest as Iost control on landing my first flight. How did you assign NWS to Twist Axis?

I have the same issue with the PMDG 737. I think it's an msfs controller calibration issue. I've seen in the sensitivity settings that the axis I use doesn't always move all the way back to the center even though the hardware is centered. 

Edited by andreh

14 minutes ago, PuffeB said:

OK. Have you tried to increase the deadzone?

I'll try that next but I don't think I have that issue with other aircraft.

I don't use the tiller at all just rudder pedals, and have had no problems on either takeoff or landing with directional control. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Tezbedz said:

Watching with interest as Iost control on landing my first flight. How did you assign NWS to Twist Axis?

Look for "NOSE WHEEL STEERING AXIS" in the control options. Then move the twist when in detection mode.

1 hour ago, Hitchhiker79 said:

I'll try that next but I don't think I have that issue with other aircraft.

Adjusted the dead zones, no joy. I will try disconnecting a reconnecting the controllers to see if that might work.

Edited by Hitchhiker79

Check your rudder trim. I just completed a flight and during the shutdown flows I saw that the rudder trim was out to the right a unit or two. No idea why as I hadn't (knowingly) touched it at all. On my second leg now and will keep an eye out for it.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, Tezbedz said:

I have never been able to control any aircraft using the twist on the joystick. Rudder pedals are the only way to go. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I had sthe same problem. Here is what I found and how I solved it. I looked in the Controls menu for MSFS and noticed that my Rudder Pedals were causing an occasional tremor to the left all on its own. I suspect a driver issue. Anyway, I switched the rudder axis to the twisting action on my TCA sidestick. THe tremor was gone and so was the steering issue.

I do intend to see if I can solve that tremor because I much prefer using my pedals to steer. If updating the drivers doesn't work then I might have to invest in a newer pedal set as these are about 7 years old.

Apply what I told you to your controler set up and see what you find.

anscad