Sign in to follow this  
Hitchhiker79

Fenix A320: Veers right when taxiing after landing

Yes this is a common problem in MSFS with hardware.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I resolved this in MSFS by checking bindings, I put the Rudder pedals to Rudder axis and the Twist of TCA Side Stick to Nose Wheel Steering Axis, I also introduced a dead zone in my CH Pedals

Sometimes you have to cycle all your axes so that game/ windows see them properly.

I have develop the habit on cycling all my axes to full travel once the aircraft loaded in game.

Pierre

The issue seems to be that rudder input gets nulled on main wheel touchdown with the Fenix, it then kicks back in once the nose is down. This then causes the overcontrol situation, demonstrated on V1s stream here 2:40 onwards 

• Like 1

Dave, one of the lead devs explained it pretty well on discord (spoiler: it's a MSFS limitation):

"when there is 1 (or more) contact point on the ground, and 1 (or more) contact point still in the air, it uses the MSFS 'transitionary' model

which forces the track/heading of the aircraft, regardless of control inputs"

Now what I wonder is why this isn't happening on the FBW... it's working over there.

12 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Now what I wonder is why this isn't happening on the FBW

Maybe because it's not a sim limitation, after all. Fenix probably will figure it out with time.

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

I had issues with this as well. I do NOT have pedals. I am using the Z axis on the joystick for both rudder and tiller. I had the "Ped Disc Tlller" button option turned on but it was being ignored by the airplane. I turned it off, saved, then turned it back on and saved and it started working. I think this was related to my install location. Fenix.exe  and it's supporting files ended up in my Community folder. I was moving them in/out along with the airplane using the linker. Reinstalled to a different location and settings seem to save properly now - and I believe performance has been improved as well. No FPS counters here, so I can't prove that. It feels smooth.

Back on topic.  If you activate the above mentioned option and press the disc button after you are lined up for TO, you will have proper rudder authority on landing. The issue is that you need to press it again to restore ground steering after you decelerate to <30-40kts for taxi to the gate. It can be VERY difficult to look over, find the button, and press it in time to exit the runway, er... gracefully. I gave up on it and drug out my old MS Sidewinder joystick. I slapped it on the left side of my keyboard and use it's Z axis for tiller now. N more landing problems 

I WISH there were a way to bind a joystick button to the 'ped disc tiller' so that it would be easier to deactivate on rollout so I could ditch the 2nd stick.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

15 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Dave, one of the lead devs explained it pretty well on discord (spoiler: it's a MSFS limitation):

"when there is 1 (or more) contact point on the ground, and 1 (or more) contact point still in the air, it uses the MSFS 'transitionary' model

which forces the track/heading of the aircraft, regardless of control inputs"

Now what I wonder is why this isn't happening on the FBW... it's working over there.

Missed this comment.I'll dial up a stiffer crosswind and try it out. I haven't noticed it in the last couple of flights but the xwind component was low.

I know the FBW and 737 still have rudder authority with the mains down and the NG up. I love xwind landings.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I've circulated your comment in the Discord and getting users to cross check this - but I'm also getting some of the PED DISC code we've built pulled out for a moment to run some tests with it. 

More data on this the better, I'm sure there's wonky ground/air handling but it's entirely possible the PED DISC code is doing something to exacerbate the issue. Investigating! (And thanks for the data @MDFlier)

• Like 5

Aamir Thacker

4 hours ago, Aamir said:

I've circulated your comment in the Discord and getting users to cross check this - but I'm also getting some of the PED DISC code we've built pulled out for a moment to run some tests with it. 

More data on this the better, I'm sure there's wonky ground/air handling but it's entirely possible the PED DISC code is doing something to exacerbate the issue. Investigating! (And thanks for the data @MDFlier)

You're welcome. I had posted a description of the landings on your Discord a couple of days ago.

I'm Pirate over there. (don't worry... boats, lasses, and rum drinks on the beach kinda pirate. Not the SW stealing kind...)

5 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I WISH there were a way to bind a joystick button to the 'ped disc tiller' so that it would be easier to deactivate on rollout so I could ditch the 2nd stick.

Me, too. I also don't have pedals and "suffered" of this issue as well. Thanks to your solution I now no longer need the entire width of the runway to come to a stand still 🙂 Thanks a lot MDFlier.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

On 6/9/2022 at 2:44 PM, MDFlier said:

If you have Axis and Ohs, the following RPN scripts ?(Off/On and Toggle) should do the trick and then you can set the binding.  Having said that I also have this problem (although it tends to veer to the left for me more than the right).  It makes landing and staying on the runway almost impossible and seems to continue for the subsequent taxi too.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ScriptList xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <scripts>
    <Script>
      <group>FENIX_A3XX</group>
      <label>MISC_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_OFF</label>
      <script>0 (&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) 0 (&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number)</script>
      <edition>&lt;Section xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xml:space="preserve" TextAlignment="Left" LineHeight="Auto" IsHyphenationEnabled="False" xml:lang="en-us" FlowDirection="LeftToRight" NumberSubstitution.CultureSource="Text" NumberSubstitution.Substitution="AsCulture" FontFamily="Courier New" FontStyle="Normal" FontWeight="Normal" FontStretch="Normal" FontSize="12" Foreground="#FF000000" Typography.StandardLigatures="True" Typography.ContextualLigatures="True" Typography.DiscretionaryLigatures="False" Typography.HistoricalLigatures="False" Typography.AnnotationAlternates="0" Typography.ContextualAlternates="True" Typography.HistoricalForms="False" Typography.Kerning="True" Typography.CapitalSpacing="False" Typography.CaseSensitiveForms="False" Typography.StylisticSet1="False" Typography.StylisticSet2="False" Typography.StylisticSet3="False" Typography.StylisticSet4="False" Typography.StylisticSet5="False" Typography.StylisticSet6="False" Typography.StylisticSet7="False" Typography.StylisticSet8="False" Typography.StylisticSet9="False" Typography.StylisticSet10="False" Typography.StylisticSet11="False" Typography.StylisticSet12="False" Typography.StylisticSet13="False" Typography.StylisticSet14="False" Typography.StylisticSet15="False" Typography.StylisticSet16="False" Typography.StylisticSet17="False" Typography.StylisticSet18="False" Typography.StylisticSet19="False" Typography.StylisticSet20="False" Typography.Fraction="Normal" Typography.SlashedZero="False" Typography.MathematicalGreek="False" Typography.EastAsianExpertForms="False" Typography.Variants="Normal" Typography.Capitals="Normal" Typography.NumeralStyle="Normal" Typography.NumeralAlignment="Normal" Typography.EastAsianWidths="Normal" Typography.EastAsianLanguage="Normal" Typography.StandardSwashes="0" Typography.ContextualSwashes="0" Typography.StylisticAlternates="0"&gt;&lt;Paragraph&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;0·&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;(&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;/Paragraph&gt;&lt;Paragraph&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;0&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;·(&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;/Paragraph&gt;&lt;/Section&gt;</edition>
    </Script>
    <Script>
      <label>MISC_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_ON</label>
      <script>1 (&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) 1 (&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number)</script>
      <edition>&lt;Section xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xml:space="preserve" TextAlignment="Left" LineHeight="Auto" IsHyphenationEnabled="False" xml:lang="en-us" FlowDirection="LeftToRight" NumberSubstitution.CultureSource="Text" NumberSubstitution.Substitution="AsCulture" FontFamily="Courier New" FontStyle="Normal" FontWeight="Normal" FontStretch="Normal" FontSize="12" Foreground="#FF000000" Typography.StandardLigatures="True" Typography.ContextualLigatures="True" Typography.DiscretionaryLigatures="False" Typography.HistoricalLigatures="False" Typography.AnnotationAlternates="0" Typography.ContextualAlternates="True" Typography.HistoricalForms="False" Typography.Kerning="True" Typography.CapitalSpacing="False" Typography.CaseSensitiveForms="False" Typography.StylisticSet1="False" Typography.StylisticSet2="False" Typography.StylisticSet3="False" Typography.StylisticSet4="False" Typography.StylisticSet5="False" Typography.StylisticSet6="False" Typography.StylisticSet7="False" Typography.StylisticSet8="False" Typography.StylisticSet9="False" Typography.StylisticSet10="False" Typography.StylisticSet11="False" Typography.StylisticSet12="False" Typography.StylisticSet13="False" Typography.StylisticSet14="False" Typography.StylisticSet15="False" Typography.StylisticSet16="False" Typography.StylisticSet17="False" Typography.StylisticSet18="False" Typography.StylisticSet19="False" Typography.StylisticSet20="False" Typography.Fraction="Normal" Typography.SlashedZero="False" Typography.MathematicalGreek="False" Typography.EastAsianExpertForms="False" Typography.Variants="Normal" Typography.Capitals="Normal" Typography.NumeralStyle="Normal" Typography.NumeralAlignment="Normal" Typography.EastAsianWidths="Normal" Typography.EastAsianLanguage="Normal" Typography.StandardSwashes="0" Typography.ContextualSwashes="0" Typography.StylisticAlternates="0"&gt;&lt;Paragraph&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;1·&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;(&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;/Paragraph&gt;&lt;Paragraph&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;1&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;·(&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;/Paragraph&gt;&lt;/Section&gt;</edition>
    </Script>
    <Script>
      <label>MISC_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_TOGGLE</label>
      <script>(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) ! (&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT, Number) (L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number) ! (&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim, Number)</script>
      <edition>&lt;Section xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xml:space="preserve" TextAlignment="Left" LineHeight="Auto" IsHyphenationEnabled="False" xml:lang="en-us" FlowDirection="LeftToRight" NumberSubstitution.CultureSource="Text" NumberSubstitution.Substitution="AsCulture" FontFamily="Courier New" FontStyle="Normal" FontWeight="Normal" FontStretch="Normal" FontSize="12" Foreground="#FF000000" Typography.StandardLigatures="True" Typography.ContextualLigatures="True" Typography.DiscretionaryLigatures="False" Typography.HistoricalLigatures="False" Typography.AnnotationAlternates="0" Typography.ContextualAlternates="True" Typography.HistoricalForms="False" Typography.Kerning="True" Typography.CapitalSpacing="False" Typography.CaseSensitiveForms="False" Typography.StylisticSet1="False" Typography.StylisticSet2="False" Typography.StylisticSet3="False" Typography.StylisticSet4="False" Typography.StylisticSet5="False" Typography.StylisticSet6="False" Typography.StylisticSet7="False" Typography.StylisticSet8="False" Typography.StylisticSet9="False" Typography.StylisticSet10="False" Typography.StylisticSet11="False" Typography.StylisticSet12="False" Typography.StylisticSet13="False" Typography.StylisticSet14="False" Typography.StylisticSet15="False" Typography.StylisticSet16="False" Typography.StylisticSet17="False" Typography.StylisticSet18="False" Typography.StylisticSet19="False" Typography.StylisticSet20="False" Typography.Fraction="Normal" Typography.SlashedZero="False" Typography.MathematicalGreek="False" Typography.EastAsianExpertForms="False" Typography.Variants="Normal" Typography.Capitals="Normal" Typography.NumeralStyle="Normal" Typography.NumeralAlignment="Normal" Typography.EastAsianWidths="Normal" Typography.EastAsianLanguage="Normal" Typography.StandardSwashes="0" Typography.ContextualSwashes="0" Typography.StylisticAlternates="0"&gt;&lt;Paragraph&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;·!&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;·(&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;/Paragraph&gt;&lt;Paragraph&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;(L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number)·&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;!&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;·(&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run xml:lang="en-gb" Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;&amp;gt;&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;Run Background="#FFFFFFFF"&gt;L:S_FC_CAPT_TILLER_PEDAL_DISCONNECT_Anim,·Number)&lt;/Run&gt;&lt;/Paragraph&gt;&lt;/Section&gt;</edition>
    </Script>
  </scripts>
</ScriptList>

same issue with me a slight rudder movement on landing and it sweves all over the place.  

On 6/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, hvw said:

Me, too. I also don't have pedals and "suffered" of this issue as well. Thanks to your solution I now no longer need the entire width of the runway to come to a stand still 🙂 Thanks a lot MDFlier.

how did you fix it ?  this fenix is useable for me at the moment.  

14ppkc-6.png

On 6/9/2022 at 3:30 PM, Aamir said:

are you going to fix this in the next update.  When I raised it in your discord channel your over zelous mods said it was my system / setup when its obviously not. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

are you going to fix this in the next update.  When I raised it in your discord channel your over zelous mods said it was my system / setup when its obviously not.

Deleted. Replied to the wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)