Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Mandatory add-ons for MSFS

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

When you download the airline packages though AIG AI Manager, it will automatically download all the models and liveries that are required to fly the flights that are part of that airline pack. From there you can use the Traffic Controller to actually show those flights, utilizing the flightplans that are part of the package, OR you can simply run MSFS live traffic and it will try to match the models that are part of AIG packages with the live traffic. Regardless, you need to install the airlines though manager, and it will do all the work for you. You don’t just ‘download models’ manually (and thank god for that, it would have been a hellish job!)

I have just moved from P3D to MSFS. In P3D I had many models and liveries installed via the AIG manager. Is it possible to move these over to MSFS or are the models not compatible?

10 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

It’s automatic! Just torn on life traffic and you should start to see MSFS automatically try to match the live traffic with the correct model, with some limitations. Overall nice for an out of the box solution, though.

Oh this is really interesting, thank you for mentioning that.
Trying to install it now and the first thing it asks me is 'You have the default traffic file still active. Do you want to disable it?'.

In the case of just wanting the models, I guess pressing the 'No' button would be the correct thing to do ?

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

Thanks you all for the great info.

It's great we have this forum!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

MSFS is pretty great right out of the box, so I wouldn't consider any addon "mandatory" .

Correction:

The only addons I would consider "mandatory" are the various flight model mods and the pushback mod. 

Edited by Ricardo41

15 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

It’s automatic! Just torn on life traffic and you should start to see MSFS automatically try to match the live traffic with the correct model, with some limitations. Overall nice for an out of the box solution, though.

I gave it a try. All I got was a CTD at KJFK 😭

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

14 hours ago, mrlip said:

I have just moved from P3D to MSFS. In P3D I had many models and liveries installed via the AIG manager. Is it possible to move these over to MSFS or are the models not compatible?

No, MSFS requires a new installation in parallel to the P3D one.

13 hours ago, darshonaut said:

Oh this is really interesting, thank you for mentioning that.
Trying to install it now and the first thing it asks me is 'You have the default traffic file still active. Do you want to disable it?'.

In the case of just wanting the models, I guess pressing the 'No' button would be the correct thing to do ?

Personally I disable it because I have no interest in The default traffic. MSFS will still be able to access the models if it can’t match any aircraft, it will only disable the default models for going on flights if you use offline default AI.

9 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I gave it a try. All I got was a CTD at KJFK 😭

I sometimes get CTDs in the NYC area just because it’s full of photogrammetry and addons. Try to load somewhere else, perhaps LAX or SFO, which tend to perform better for me. You can also try switching off AI traffic, load your flight, and then turn on the live traffic. You will nee to wait a little before anything shows up sometimes, so be patient.

• Like 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 5/26/2022 at 2:06 PM, Benjamin J said:

...Try to load somewhere else, perhaps LAX or SFO, which tend to perform better for me. You can also try switching off AI traffic, load your flight, and then turn on the live traffic. You will nee to wait a little before anything shows up sometimes, so be patient.

@Benjamin J How do you inject and "turn on live traffic" without using the AIG Traffic Controller?

In MSFS, General Options, Aviation Traffic, Aircraft Traffic Type; Real-time Online is missing and not available. I only have two choices in the section: AI Offline and OFF.

I'm in KSFO, using the Deluxe version and the latest version of AIG. AIG-Manager installed fine and the default planes were replaced by AIG-Manager. However there are no departures and arrivals (but it used to work after installation. For some reason it stopped working. I suspect, I switched or changed something).

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

7 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

@Benjamin J How do you inject and "turn on live traffic" without using the AIG Traffic Controller?

In MSFS, General Options, Aviation Traffic, Aircraft Traffic Type; Real-time Online is missing and not available. I only have two choices in the section: AI Offline and OFF.

Look in your DATA settings,  You'll need the real time traffic turned on in there before you can chose it in your traffic settings.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That worked.  Thanks. Traffic is still infrequent though. Only a few arrivals and departures regardless of time of day. There should be a lot more based on my real-life observation

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, bofhlusr said:

That worked.  Thanks. Traffic is still infrequent though. Only a few arrivals and departures regardless of time of day. There should be a lot more based on my real-life observation

I only went back to using the "live traffic" the other day (with AIG models/Paints)   For a test I was sat at Wellington Airport, Stuck FlightAware on my other monitor and watched for the next 90 mins.  Every single flight on FlightAware, including a couple of GA flights, both arrived and departed.  About 95% of those were correctly model/paint matched.     Not the busiest Airport in the world but i was very impressed.  The Live Traffic is certainly a whole lot better than it was this time last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Im not sure what the algorithm is that chooses how and what to display, but I have noticed that you may need to wait a while for things to start showing up. Also, be aware that only aircraft within a certain distance to you will show up, and they need to be actively getting commands as well, I think. Thus, parked aircraft won't necessarily show up, even if they are shown on FlightRadar24.

1 hour ago, The Moose said:

I only went back to using the "live traffic" the other day (with AIG models/Paints)   For a test I was sat at Wellington Airport, Stuck FlightAware on my other monitor and watched for the next 90 mins.  Every single flight on FlightAware, including a couple of GA flights, both arrived and departed.  About 95% of those were correctly model/paint matched.     Not the busiest Airport in the world but i was very impressed.  The Live Traffic is certainly a whole lot better than it was this time last year.

I share the same experience as you - your 90 minute wait ensured that you got to see everything, but it shows that you may need to wait.

I have found that time of day does make a huge difference. After all, it IS live traffic. Thus, if I setup at EHAM in 'my' afternoon, which is in San Francisco, of course there will be little activity onscreen, since it is the middle of the night in Amsterdam. Good to keep such details in mind.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Im not sure what the algorithm is that chooses how and what to display, but I have noticed that you may need to wait a while for things to start showing up. Also, be aware that only aircraft within a certain distance to you will show up, and they need to be actively getting commands as well, I think. Thus, parked aircraft won't necessarily show up, even if they are shown on FlightRadar24.

I share the same experience as you - your 90 minute wait ensured that you got to see everything, but it shows that you may need to wait.

I have found that time of day does make a huge difference. After all, it IS live traffic. Thus, if I setup at EHAM in 'my' afternoon, which is in San Francisco, of course there will be little activity onscreen, since it is the middle of the night in Amsterdam. Good to keep such details in mind.

The thing though is, KSFO is supposed to be super busy. My MSFS settings as far as traffic is concerned is maxed out.

I also 'parked' (departure location) in KSFO, changed time of day three times at 7 am, 1 pm, and late afternoon and waited 15 minutes. I only saw two departures. That can't be right.

SFO San Francisco Int'l Airport (SFO/KSFO) - FlightAware

Something's wrong.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

14 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

The thing though is, KSFO is supposed to be super busy. My MSFS settings as far as traffic is concerned is maxed out.

I also 'parked' (departure location) in KSFO, changed time of day three times at 7 am, 1 pm, and late afternoon and waited 15 minutes. I only saw two departures. That can't be right.

SFO San Francisco Int'l Airport (SFO/KSFO) - FlightAware

Something's wrong.

So there are two things tonote:
1) Changing the time doesn't help you. After all this is LIVE traffic. Whatever is in the air at that moment in the real world is what you will see in the sim, doesn't matter what time you set in the sim. More important is: what was the time of day when you were testing this? And I mean, the ACTUAL (real-world) time of day.

2) Note that there is a 10-15 minute delay between what you see in FlightAware and what appears in the sim. So, if real-world traffic volumes are low, it may actually take 15 minutes (the time you waited), for things to start showing up. You may need to wait longer.

In order to see higher traffic volumes at KSFO you will want to ensure that you actual, real-world time is something like 9-10am PST. Or, for more international traffic, somewhere between 3-5pm PST, when it sems that many international flights start their return leg. At least, in my experience...

Benjamin van Soldt

7 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Note that there is a 10-15 minute delay between what you see in FlightAware and what appears in the sim

Interestingly in my Wellington experiment, arrivals were generally landing in the sim under 2 mins mins from them landing on Flightaware, whereas departures seemed to happen 5-10 mins after FlightAware.

Regarding traffic from either AIG controller running or just default in MSFS :

I have AIG installed and the default traffic disabled. I still see europeen liveries around places in USA which they shouldnt . Is this normal for now ?

Second :

How is live traffic in general for performance wise vs off ?

Is it possible to kill all traffic like in FSUIPC for P3D ? or is payware FSUIPC7 required ? I have mapped a button to this on approach in P3D.

The traffic settings in MSFS does it come with a radius  from current location? (like FSUIPC/P3D)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png