Sign in to follow this  
wan2fly99

Help Just intalled the Sim

Used the store and xbox app.  Seems I installed everything (installer and game ) on my F drive

I fire it up and I see now on the top:

Welcome   Profile   Options

In main screen now I see

Discover Flight     World Map

Flight Training   Activity  Market Place

This look different than some of the tutorials I read

Then also when I try to use the GNS 530,  to change things on i, trying the mouse and I cannot figure how to do

I move cursor near a rotating know makes it yellow Trying to change numbers by moving wheel on move sometimes it works.  I am totally confused.

I hope I did not buy an xbox version, I, sure I said PC

Is there a way to tell when I lauch the sim

Already aggravated

Welcome. Let’s start easy. There is no way you bought an Xbox version. The pc will download the pc version. So far so good. What you describe as a start screen sounds familiar. You usually go to the world map and start your flight from there. Not sure though about your GNS as I never used that and others may step in. However if this is really the very first time you start the msfs then I suggest you take the default Cessna and take it from there.
as per the yellow rotating knobs (?) this could be the default aircraft interaction which you can set to legacy in the settings options but IIRC those knobs should rather get a blue shine and not yellow? Any chance you post a screenshot here? 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

take your time.

If you have simmed before, maybe go to Optins and then Assitance Options and turn them all off...otherwise you won't really be operating and flying the aircraft yourself 😉 

Maybe go systematic and look at all the options. The behaviour you describe for the GNS with the mouse is one possible option to choose to the cockpit interaction, thereis another one. And there are accessibility options that write on the screen what your mouse is pinting at and so on.

It takes a while to set up to your preferences, it's a simulator.

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

simming a while

Loved fs2004  and just used it but my xp box i( dated) s dying that is why I have  now bough a new computer

okay going to go slow  Will look at options and see |if I see an option for legacy

Hope you guys dont get fed up with me.  o post screen shot  I usually do  prt screen button

That will not paste in here for some reason  What do yu guys use

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wan2fly99 said:

That will not paste in here for some reason  What do yu guys use

Take your time, from fs2004 you may need it but it’s worthwhile 

as to screenshots, I use https://postimages.org/

upload screenshot

copy direct link

at avsim select insert image from url

paste the direct link

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

19 minutes ago, wan2fly99 said:

Will look at options and see |if I see an option for legacy

That indeed is highly likely to be the setting that needs to be set.  For some reason the default is this "XBox like" interaction with hold and click.. Once you get rid of that it will feel much better.

Bert

44 minutes ago, DAD said:

Take your time, from fs2004 you may need it but it’s worthwhile 

as to screenshots, I use https://postimages.org/

upload screenshot

copy direct link

at avsim select insert image from url

paste the direct link

No need to select "insert image", just paste. One less stage needed.🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

reading somewhere that ne update broke the mosue interaction  They are all complaining  Great just when I bought it

I've circled the relevant bits you need to select for "legacy" cockpit interaction - will feel more like the old FSX and FS2004.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Also  I have set th POV  button on my CH yoke.  Just can see what view in camera cocpit that will let you look back straight ahead again.

Maybe have to create a new canera view and then assign that

10 minutes ago, wan2fly99 said:

Also  I have set th POV  button on my CH yoke.  Just can see what view in camera cocpit that will let you look back straight ahead again.

Maybe have to create a new canera view and then assign that

There’s a reset view option somewhere. I’m not in front of my computer right now but this is how I have it set up. The Hat switch moves the view, or I can move the camera with the arrow keys, and then I press one button (joystick 2 is what I’ve set) and the view snaps back to the captains seat. 

I’ll post it later, but try searching for “Reset View” and see if that brings it up in the controls setup. 

yes that was what im looking   I use the POV hat now  but to re-center back is a b

I will look to If you spot it let me knw

found it  Let m

Also any opinion on this card:  I have a 1070 card. Looking at this or I might wait till I learn this new sim before I pay money for another card

Looking at this now   https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/evga-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ftw3-ultra-12gb-gddr6x-video-card/15996945

e try to configure the yoke tonight  One step at a time   Thanks guys