Sign in to follow this  
Ikarus280

Fenix auto-hide passenger cabin with locked flight deck

Hello guys,

Just a suggestion for the team of Fenix (if anyone from there reads this). As turning off the passenger cabin with the flick of a switch from the EFB is quite easy already, it would be great to have an option to automatically turn off-on the passenger cabin while the flight deck door is locked.

The reason for this is that walking around the passenger cabin during preflight and at times during flight is very immersive, yet lowers your FPS by a tiny bit. With us who no longer have the latest hardware it would be beneficial to have the cabin off during the most crucial stages of flight when you really need the extra frames such as takeoff and landing since we aren't supposed to access the cabin while the door is locked anyway 😉

I'm sure theres lots of other items on the to-do list, but if I could add a suggestion this would be it : )

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

interesting... I don't have the product, but what do you see from the flight deck with the no cabin option?  I would assume you see the door.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

15 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

interesting... I don't have the product, but what do you see from the flight deck with the no cabin option?  I would assume you see the door.

That's right - just the door.

It's currently a manual switch to turn off the cockpit model (to save on resources).  He's suggesting that instead of a basic Cabin ON/OFF, it could be an option to have the cabin automatically turned off, when the cockpit door is closed.  That way, the cabin would be loaded for when you have the door open and are walking through it (to/from the cockpit), but removed when in the cockpit with the door closed.

People who still want the cabin loaded while in the cockpit (eg. for custom views that are based in the cockpit) could have this option off, meaning the cabin is always loaded.

I think it's a great idea.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Interesting idea....I have been turning the cabin off as well when I shut the door.  Does it effect the external view?  I rarely go outside the aircraft but wondered if maybe you lose that interior modelling on the external view if it is turned off.  Will have to check on next flight...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

5 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

it would be great to have an option to automatically turn off-on the passenger cabin while the flight deck door is locked.

that's a great idea. I hope they'll consider it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 hours ago, TheHoser11 said:

I notice zero FPS hit with or without the cabin.

This is a bit strange indeed.

Why there would be an on or off option if this does not affect performance?

It sounds like, the cabin rendering is taking place when the cabin rendering option is set to off. And therefore the fps stays equal. 

Maybe Fenix (@amiir) can check this?

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I agree with OP suggestion.

I may add a suggestion myself : It would be great if we could call baggage and catering loaders manually from the EFB ground equipment page !

Pierre

Do you think technology will develop someday to add a passengers models to the cabin? Corresponds to the actual flight manifest? That would be so cool.

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

The Cabin makes very little diffrence, it's seem once its reload the textures etc not having the cabin gains you 2 fps. If you really need 2FPS lower your LOD.

The 8k galley is a diffrent story....

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip